New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More

Transformers News: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More

Sunday, January 8th, 2017 8:52pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,239

Can you guys get enough images of the newly reveales Krok, Quake and Topsin? Neither can we. So we have more for you, coming from all over the net (but all from the Phillipines where they were unveiled). We have some comparisons between TR Krok and his Club counterpart, but more importantly we see the alt mode very well now. We also have the best shots yet of Topspin (a whole gallery of him), and shots from the back which show some impressive thrusters. Plus, shots of Quake's tank mode, and the back of their cards which finally give us their official stock images. You will also find some shots from our galleries to compare with the G1 toys. For the rest of this wave, we already have video reviews so check those out! Let us know what you think and which ones you are getting.

Credit(s): dardmc, nrd studio, Eric John A. Cruz, maku098

Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851215)
Posted by Kurona on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CST
Teleportation Abyss. Yeesh that's cool

TR Perceptor is so much better than RTS it's not even funny. Seeing TR Krok next to his Timelines self is... it feels very good, just seeing how much bigger Deluxes have gotten since Thrilling 30. Talking of height, it's surprising just how much bigger Topspin is than Perceptor, that's about a head, isn't it?

And I'm loving the translation of stickers to molded detail on Topspin, especially those vents on his knees. Just beautiful; everything about this guy so far seems like a perfect, streamlined update to the original. Due to my MTMTE-only stipulation for now I'm only going to get Perceptor and Krok, but Topspin's making that rule very very hard to follow.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851216)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CST
Someone at Hasbro really has a sense of humor. Blunderbuss's power is mass-shifting, something Broadside really needs between his two alt modes.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851217)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:02pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

Perceptor looks a bit scrawny for my liking, but it's still probably a better figure than the RTS version, which looked fine in either mode but was crummy in between.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851218)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:05pm CST
I have to say, I really do like this Perceptor better than the previous Generations one. That was always one of the weaker molds. It didn't even come with a gun.

I imagine a Magnificus recolor will show up, but I would love a Reflector recolor. He needs to get a proper retail figure.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851219)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:06pm CST
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851220)
Posted by Kurona on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:06pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

That transparent lime green tongue is wonderfully disgusting.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851222)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CST
Quake, Topspin and Perceptor for me please. ESPECIALLY Topsin. His head sculpt is near perfect and my only gripe about that is i'd like his visor to be a tad bit larger like the massive visor he had back in the day.
He was one of my fave figures i had as a child. I must own this figure
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851225)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:13pm CST
And of course, the stock photos are just retouched from Hardhead's and Skullsmasher's:

btw Look closely at the amount of steps between the two releases ;)
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851227)
Posted by MagicDeath on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:23pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

btw Look closely at the amount of steps between the two releases ;)

It's Braingate. Don't ask how. It just is.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851228)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:35pm CST
Kurona wrote:Gotta say, didn't think Hardhead to Quake would work at first... but the more I look at it, the better it keeps getting in my eye.

Yeah things are looking good. And Last Stand of the Wreckers is kinda like a prerequisite for MTMTE, I consider them in a similar vein, so I think that would make Topspin ok right?

Kurona wrote:That transparent lime green tongue is wonderfully disgusting.

AGREED! I love how theya re bringing the clear plastic back in TR.

steals_your_goats wrote:This whole entire wave is incredible. Even Kup is looking better than he did initially. I personally think this new Krok looks much better than the club one seeing them side by side. The club one has a tiny head and is too bulky for a character like Krok. Topspin is still my favorite but Krok is a close second.

My favourites would be Topspin, then perceptor then krok, but i like em all, and and I think I will get all 5 of em (and blackshadow and braodside, brawn, shuffler and repugnus).
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851230)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 8th, 2017 @ 10:06pm CST
MagicDeath wrote:It's Braingate. Don't ask how. It just is.

Hardhead: 12 Steps
Quake: 10 Steps

Skullsmasher: 11 Steps
Krok: 12 Steps

Brainstorm's been messing with us. :shock:
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851232)
Posted by SureShot18 on January 8th, 2017 @ 10:14pm CST
Wow, TR Perseptor is leaps and bounds better than RTS. And I like RTS Perceptor. Krok looks surprisingly well done, and now I have a desire to part ways with my Skullsmasher. Topspin looks like this wave's Triggerhappy in terms of how well its done and that's about all the praise this wave of deluxes gets from me. As I thought I can happily skip Kup and Quake. So the Wave 4 must-haves total 5, Perceptor, Krok, Topspin, Brawn, and Black Shadow(might be bumped down if Overlord doesn't have that much retooling).
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851234)
Posted by bodrock on January 8th, 2017 @ 10:32pm CST
Love these pics! The ones I need...

Perceptor - killin' it with SCIENCE!
Kup - now with articulation!
Topspin - MUST HAVE
Quake - DAT FACE, transtector! :CON:
Brawn - Perfection. :BOT:

The rest are left to impulse....! Well, besides Repugnus & Shuffler. I will also wait for Overlord over the space gangsta.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851236)
Posted by DestronMirage22 on January 8th, 2017 @ 11:01pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:It's Braingate. Don't ask how. It just is.

Hardhead: 12 Steps
Quake: 10 Steps

Skullsmasher: 11 Steps
Krok: 12 Steps

Brainstorm's been messing with us. :shock:

Like a great man once said: "the thick plottens." :-P
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851237)
Posted by DestronMirage22 on January 8th, 2017 @ 11:03pm CST
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

That transparent lime green tongue is wonderfully disgusting.

I agree. :x
I'm this close to caving in. I just love the way this Krok figure turned out.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851238)
Posted by Nexus Knight on January 8th, 2017 @ 11:04pm CST
Quake looks nice, but I personally think the mold works worlds better on Hardhead, who is atm the most awesome TF figure I've ever bought (pending purchases of Wolfwire, Triggerhappy, or Topspin). But Chasm's power... my Lord, I now need that toy, if solely for the awesome ability.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851243)
Posted by Jackwipe on January 9th, 2017 @ 12:24am CST
SillySpringer wrote:
Jackwipe wrote:I bet you could easily get a Misfire out of that Topspin mold and a Crosshairs out of that Kup.I can remember seeing a bajillion Topspin KO's as a kid.
"Heeey, waitasec, why is Topspin red and 3x larger...and only $1.00..."

Triggerhappy is obviously Misfire. I think Slugslinger is a more likely retool out of Topspin, personally.

I dunno man that dual finned front - total Misfire I think, would'nt even need a retool, but a retool into a Slugslinger dual cockpit would be rad right? Plus Misfire's over in MTMTE sometimes helping Clobber get his memory back. I honestly think I'd love both.
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851248)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 9th, 2017 @ 1:46am CST
RAR wrote:When someone other than Chefatron gets their hand on Legends Brawn I hope they show off the interaction with his Titanmaster self (and the mini-vehicle) more.

I also wonder if that arm shield has any other uses at all. I just want to see him holding his own TR rifle mode.

Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851249)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 9th, 2017 @ 1:46am CST
Re: New In Hand Photos of Titans Return Krok, Topspin, Quake, Roadburn and More (1851265)
Posted by RAR on January 9th, 2017 @ 4:51am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Yeah I think Topspin and maybe Kup will be the only ones I get from this lot. The others aren't doing much for me. I can pass on Quake cos I found the Hardhead mold extremely disappointing with an awful looking alt-mode and boring transformation barely any different to the G1 figure. Perceptor looks dumbed down, ironically for a science guy.

I was quite impressed by how much the robot mode actually resembles the original. Though I do wish they'd planned ahead and perhaps put some new pieces in the top deck area - I get the impression that one or two additional new pieces to swap out could make him look very distinct indeed.
Heck I'd buy him simply to give Hardhead two guns and for the titanmaster if I'm honest.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Don't worry, although I'll have to find my Titan Master Brawn. Does anybody else think that shield is part of a pre-tool and we'll get a repaint down the line without the shield?

I notice the part under the shield resembled the back end of Bulkhead - but if they have a thing for Throttlebots now perhaps the use they might put it too is Rollbar - even if the obvious redeco is Outback/Fallback. Perhaps they might ditch the shield and replace it with a gun for such a release ?

The only issue there is that if the do make Fallback/Outback - I'd really want the complementary Titanmaster set too.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron - Voyager: Grimlock Action …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return LAZERBEAK Complete LASERBEAK Generations Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe SDCC 2010 Autobot Blaster NEW SEALED!!" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC GI JOE Transformers - Zartan Soundwave vs Scarlett Powerglide - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS - JETFIRE – NEW MISB - THRILLING 30 LEADER CLASS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime TERRORCON CLIFFJUMPER First 1st Edition Hasbro SEALED Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2019 Mondo Exclusive Tom Whalen Pin - Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS IRONHIDE RID CLASSICS UNIVERSE DELUXE CLASS FIGURE COG" on EBAY