New In Package pics of Animated Megatron

New In Package pics of Animated Megatron

Friday, January 18th, 2008 3:33pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 27,002

New images have emerged of Cybertron mode Animated Megatron, in packaging from auctioneer "heerotoysmaker".
Images of the figure can be seen below:

Credit(s): heerotoysmaker

Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607875)
Posted by woosh on January 18th, 2008 @ 3:47pm CST
Well, looks like this time a voyager figure fill the whole box, not just 1/4 of it (bulkhead, i'm lookin' at ye.).
I like the style of the packaging, will meet every eye.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607879)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 18th, 2008 @ 3:53pm CST
Man i really dont like these boxes. This may be the one toy line were i dont get ones to keep in the box just because the box looks like crap.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607881)
Posted by Nekoman on January 18th, 2008 @ 3:54pm CST
I like Megatron in some way, may be one figure from this line I purchase.

I still hate the rest of the line though, one can only hope it would be short lived.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607882)
Posted by devil prime on January 18th, 2008 @ 3:54pm CST
yeah the boxes kinda suck
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607899)
Posted by Redimus on January 18th, 2008 @ 4:06pm CST
devil prime wrote:yeah the boxes kinda suck

They've sucked for years. This is nothing new. Luckily this is not why I buy tfs.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607938)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 18th, 2008 @ 4:52pm CST
Box may not be so interseting, but what's inside is what matters, I'm sold.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (607987)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 18th, 2008 @ 5:37pm CST
Nekoman wrote:I like Megatron in some way, may be one figure from this line I purchase.

Agreed, I normaly get a minimum of one of each new TF mold, but this time around I'm looking at only a couple.

This was one of them, but the more I see him, the more it's wearing off.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608024)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 18th, 2008 @ 6:23pm CST
I like this Megatron, robot mode at least. The alt mode is really meh, but I get Hasbro wants to break Megatron away from the whole gun thing.
I really get the impression the toys in this line are gonna make a lot of people go:"Man! I can't believe I passed him up!".
I really do. I welcome the change. After all, that's what Transformers do, they change.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608031)
Posted by Cyberjet #7 on January 18th, 2008 @ 6:34pm CST
The picture of him on the back makes the gray *almost* look silver-ish, maybe (dare I hope) metallic; which would be great.

Hasbro's packaging designs have really been bad in the last few years. Star Wars and Transformers have both seen the silly "taped tabs on the back" which makes finding good sealed copies really rough. And various angle cuts just provide more trouble.

More angles... more sides for store employees to dent...
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608037)
Posted by microclone on January 18th, 2008 @ 6:40pm CST
Redimus wrote:
devil prime wrote:yeah the boxes kinda suck

im way preferring these big bright boxes over movie or cyberton or even classics boxes.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608069)
Posted by Jazzz on January 18th, 2008 @ 7:08pm CST
Only thing I don't like about this packaging is how all the boxes are just red.
Shape of the boxes are cool
but this show is so G1 like.
they mights as well make purple and red boxes.
Oh well, its whats inside that counts!
and he looks so much bigger than Bulkhead.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608101)
Posted by thedistinctroom on January 18th, 2008 @ 7:37pm CST
I might get this Megatron because he sorta looks like Super Megatron from Battlestars.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608117)
Posted by DeepWater on January 18th, 2008 @ 7:58pm CST
Not big on the box shape, but mine don't stay in their boxes.

That said, I can't wait for this guy. He looks really interesting.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608126)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on January 18th, 2008 @ 8:09pm CST
DANG IT!!!!

I'm not really diggin' the boxes either.
Either way, the figures still look awesome.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608134)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 18th, 2008 @ 8:16pm CST
Crappy stuff deserves to be shipped in crappy boxes. :)
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608139)
Posted by No Death for Prowl on January 18th, 2008 @ 8:20pm CST
I really like the packaging. I think the style suits the Voyager packaging even better than the deluxes, where it just came across as kind of flat and uninteresting. It's a style that's pretty warm and inviting to anybody, particularly a kid, which is a departure from the mechanical, almost menacing movie line packaging.

As for the toy itself....I like the robot mode quite a bit; its curvaceous nature is just so different to TFs, yet it's unmistakeably Megatron. The alt mode will take some getting used to, though, but this is a definite "go" for me.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608178)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 18th, 2008 @ 9:19pm CST
I like the Animated packaging style.

So now I'm forced to accept Cybertron Mode Megatron as a Voyager. He looks nice, but I think I'll save my twenty for Earth Mode.
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608222)
Posted by Firebird on January 18th, 2008 @ 10:24pm CST
I like how all the decepticons are gonna be huge compared to the autobots

The packaging looks ok but it really doesn't matter to me I just want the figure, I only save my Masterpiece boxes

Is anyone else missing the old tech spec cards?
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608365)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 19th, 2008 @ 4:14am CST
Packaging: FAIL. (see also: PASS.)
Megatron: WIN. (see also: PWNS.)
Re: New In Package pics of Animated Megatron (608558)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 19th, 2008 @ 11:45am CST
Oh my god! The box is damaged too! It's no longer mint and it's now worthless.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Mint Used Decepticon Berserker, Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Blue Boat VHTF Retired" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Daca Toys Kronos" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide" on EBAY