New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment

New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment

Friday, July 3rd, 2020 5:28am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 49,392

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron users, Blackeyedprime and -WonkoTheSane-, we've learned that the website DorksideToys, had updated their Earthrise deluxe wave 2 listings with in package photos. Wave 2 consists of Alicon, Arcee, Earth Mode Smokescreen and Micromaster Base Airwave. Airwave, like Ironworks before him, can assume different layouts due to his parts forming, and can be used as armour on other compatible figures. Check out the new images below!

Alicon

Transformers News: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment

Arcee

Smokescreen

Airwave

Are you getting any of these? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): blackeyedprime and - WonkoTheSane- from Seibertron, DorksideToys

Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070213)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 3rd, 2020 @ 5:47am CDT
I kind of have to pick up smokescreen. The last attempt was more than dissapointing for me but this time around an autobot car with no miscolored panels and the wheels/hubs match (even bonus points for the rear wheels being larger and true to the car).

Allicons probably going to be just the one (and then a netflix version if any or/and a studio series version)

Arcee is still a pass with me having a TR and Genrations version, plus with a better chance of a repaint or yet another figure coming out there is no real reason to buy her.

Airwave has gone from instant buy to probably passing. I like the idea of the new base guys more than their execution with Ironworks just seeming meh to me in hand, think I'd rather not spend the money on them and track down the g1 toys at some point.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070214)
Posted by Otaku-mus Prime on July 3rd, 2020 @ 5:55am CDT
Are Smokescreen's headlights going to be black? I really hope not.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070224)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2020 @ 8:54am CDT
The Allicons' beast mode always seemed... somewhat more quadrupedal than that in the movie/cartoon.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070226)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on July 3rd, 2020 @ 9:18am CDT
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070227)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 3rd, 2020 @ 9:38am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:As much as I've always wanted an Allicon figure to exist, I can't unsee how badly integrated those arms are in both modes. With the Beast Mode especially, it is like they didn't even try.

Yeah, I feel you on this. I guess they sort of gave up?

Still going to get three, though.

Was there any solid news on the Takara versions getting new color schemes? I've heard conflicting news on whether that would be a thing or not.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070229)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 3rd, 2020 @ 9:55am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Yeah, I feel you on this. I guess they sort of gave up?

Still going to get three, though.

I wouldn't expect it. Takara and Hasbro have been using the same decos for the main line since Power of the Primes. Selects is the only place where Takara does their own thing any more.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070234)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 3rd, 2020 @ 10:19am CDT

I feel the same way and hate that fact because I'm going to get three myself. But could the figure in the pic be mistransformed? That's what I'm hoping...

And on another note...was there a release date for the Target clones?
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070238)
Posted by leokearon on July 3rd, 2020 @ 10:56am CDT
Both cons are must gets, Arcee is an easy pass; undecided about Smokescreen.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070239)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 3rd, 2020 @ 10:57am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Yeah, I feel you on this. I guess they sort of gave up?

Still going to get three, though.

The only place you might get a different color scheme for Alicon now is Studio Series if he gets a release as part of the 86 animated movie. Actually scratch that, there's two possibilities as there's rumours that he may actually be the deluxe quint listing for the Netflix Deluxes. But yeah, brand unification is in full force as far as Earthrise releases go, no matter your place in the world.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070241)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 3rd, 2020 @ 11:03am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Yeah, I feel you on this. I guess they sort of gave up?

Still going to get three, though.

TBH ... I'm pretty good with this as far as Alicon is concerned. As an army builder I'd want that variant, but as a toy he's kind of not worth the price hike.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070247)
Posted by Starseeker on July 3rd, 2020 @ 11:29am CDT
Airwave is a must for me.
But like, can we get this stuff or what? Are they waiting for hell to freeze over or something?
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070249)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 3rd, 2020 @ 11:35am CDT
Airwave looks kinda like a miniature Metroplex.

I'm definitely getting Smokey and probably Arcee. Pass on the others.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070253)
Posted by leokearon on July 3rd, 2020 @ 12:02pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Airwave looks kinda like a miniature Metroplex.

I'm definitely getting Smokey and probably Arcee. Pass on the others.

That's what I Digibashed him as

or even Metro (Mini) Titan

Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070255)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2020 @ 12:39pm CDT
Kinda irritated how simplistic the Allicon seems to be, but regardless, I’ll be army building him like I did the Sharkticons. Definitely skipping Arcee, I’m perfectly happy with the Deluxe from 2014-ish. Smokescreen I was initially going to skip since I have the Siege Datsuns but he’s warming up to me so I’ll probably get him and the inevitable other two; I just hope they won’t be as stressful to get as Thundercracker and Skywarp we’re. Airwave is a definite buy, but I notice that his head seems to be slightly different: did he always have the monocle in the middle of his face?
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070257)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 3rd, 2020 @ 12:45pm CDT
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070259)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2020 @ 12:50pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Rumours are Prowl and Ironhide will be exclusives of some fashion. Don't think Target though, more likely amazon

I heard that as well, hopefully if those sets become reality they won’t be like Siege Skywarp and friends (who I had before I got the new one) and be crazy ridiculous on the aftermarket. I’m kinda tired of big name characters being exclusives, selling out quick, and being expensive later in the future. I’m no completionist but I want to get as much of the modernized 84/85 cast as possible. I wasn’t even thought of when it was a thing so this is kinda my way of living that experience out.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070261)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 3rd, 2020 @ 1:05pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Ham-Man, has dropped us a line to let us know that they've done a brand new video review of the forthcoming Battlemaster Slitherfang from the Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise line! Slitherfang is a bit unique in the fact that he doesn't have a traditional robot mode, instead going from his alt mode (normally a shield for larger figures, but if you combine multiple Slitherfangs, you can make ramps out of them like Soundbarrier) to a robot snake mold! Joining a very small list of Transformers that turn into snakes in some regard. He's also not listed as either Autobot or Decepticon but instead as a Quintesson

Slitherfang is part of the second wave of Battlemasters, along with a re-release of Siege Rung (his deco is unchanged).

We have embedded the review for your viewing pleasure.

Will you be stocking up on Slitherfang to grow your transformers city? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070262)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 3rd, 2020 @ 1:13pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

I think it's supposed to create a kind of variety on the shelves instead of the same names appearing (though some same names are allowed...) but exclusives bring with them their own problems, it's very hard to balance.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070264)
Posted by sol magnus on July 3rd, 2020 @ 1:18pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Personally, I'd rather the 'big names' be exclusives than not get them at all.
Re: New In Package Shots of Transformers Earthrise Deluxe Wave 2 Assortment (2070265)
Posted by Short Circuit on July 3rd, 2020 @ 1:21pm CDT
I hope I can get three of him, I loved soundbarrier so much I got two more since he was shelfwarming a bit :shock: the ramp play pattern is pretty fun to set up little bases among the shelf of bots, if I had less self control I'd buy more multiples to make a wheel o' bots :michaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY