New Info on next Botcon Figure Set

Transformers News: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set

Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 11:35PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Editorials, Collector's Club News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 66,796

According to the latest issue of the Transformers Club Magazine, Brian Savage tells us that three of the Botcon exclusive figures will have remolded heads. As to the who, what, where and when, no word has been mentioned as of yet. This number is one short of the total exclusive figures, which had four remolded heads in Shattered Glass Goldbug, Blurr, Megatron and Jazz/Richochet.

Complete details of the Club exclusive magazine are only available to recipients, and in order to receive it you gotta be a member. Sign up by visiting the TFCC Homepage and don't forget we have an exclusive, ongoing, question and answer thread dedicated to the TFCC here.
Credit(s): Transformer Club Magazine
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848736)
Posted by Blurrz on December 11th, 2008 @ 12:06am CST
I smell Animated Femcon Seeker
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848738)
Posted by robofreak on December 11th, 2008 @ 12:08am CST
Blurrz wrote:I smell Animated Femcon Seeker

And I smell a million PO'ed fans if that's true. It would be 2007 Seekers all over again. :roll:

I really hope the exclusives are'nt Animated molds. I want Universe molds.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848744)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on December 11th, 2008 @ 12:38am CST
First Gen wrote:Trying to get information on the next Botcon has been harder than trying to pull healthy teeth, but we finally get a little hint of what we can expect at the Transformers Club's official event.

Very interesting...

Note to First Gen: your link to the TFCC Homepage is broken. Just a minor typo (you left a . out after the www), but for me it goes to a Mediacom search page when I try to use the link. No big; its just that if your gonna link to another page, the link should work.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848746)
Posted by Firebird on December 11th, 2008 @ 12:41am CST
robofreak wrote:I really hope the exclusives are'nt Animated molds. I want Universe molds.

That makes 2 of us. It's not that I don't like animated, but I would prefer more traditional transformers in my box set.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848764)
Posted by Point on December 11th, 2008 @ 2:06am CST
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848781)
Posted by Booda on December 11th, 2008 @ 3:46am CST
Classics Ratchet
Classics Wheeljack
Classics Trailbreaker

Make it happen.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848827)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 11th, 2008 @ 7:06am CST
Point wrote:Am I the only one who would rather see them go back to just a couple of figs per show, rather than the huge set and all the the extra door figs, and this day only figs, and this section of the 'Con only figs? Having a 20 piece set, plus all the hunt-and-find extras just seems, I dunno, cheaping of the spirit of "exclusive". :-?

I don't know if you're the only one, but I'm gonna have to go with the figure heavy exclusives side. I only go anymore for the figures. Besides seeing fellow TF fans in one big ole meeting spot, the next best thing for me are the Con figures. I don't buy many figures at the con cause I pretty much have what I need and can get what I need at better prices online as well. I'll occasionally find something that I've been hunting for, but not too often.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848831)
Posted by Anonymous on December 11th, 2008 @ 7:18am CST
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848901)
Posted by omega666 on December 11th, 2008 @ 10:42am CST
Blurrz wrote:I smell Animated Femcon Seeker

That sounds dirty. 8-}
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848907)
Posted by omega666 on December 11th, 2008 @ 11:01am CST
remolded heads? Maybe a Universe Jazz. :-?
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848912)
Posted by Mkall on December 11th, 2008 @ 11:14am CST
Grimpoo wrote:I hope they are animated figures....then i wouldnt have any interest in buying them and wouldnt have to spend gazillions of dollars to make my classics/universe shelf purdy.

I'm hoping the opposite. I'm hoping for universe. That just proves that whichever way they go this year, they'll irk some group of people
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (848949)
Posted by ThunderThruster on December 11th, 2008 @ 12:08pm CST
what happenrd to them creating their own charaters, at least that way its harder to piss off people by doing exclusives such as the 2007 set.

This years set was a great idea, as it doesnt feck up the rest of the fans abilty to get figures from the other lines!
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (851721)
Posted by Bonger on December 17th, 2008 @ 4:45am CST
omega666 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:I smell Animated Femcon Seeker

That sounds dirty. 8-}

lmao
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (853218)
Posted by Dark Starscream on December 20th, 2008 @ 12:55am CST
Some things I'd like to see happen:

Nemesis Prime (from combiner Armada Prime)
Motormaster (from Classics Prime)
Elita One (from Thunderblast)
Seaspray (from Cybertron Shortround)
Beastbox (from that Real Gear controller monkey)

They could go with a Stunticon theme to go with our Drag Strip, or even a Soundwave cassette theme using Real Gear molds.

Basically anything but Animated. ANYTHING.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (856072)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on December 25th, 2008 @ 8:42am CST
Booda wrote:Classics Ratchet
Classics Wheeljack
Classics Trailbreaker

Make it happen.

Well, Ratchet will come out this spring sometime, but those other two would be pure greatness.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (862072)
Posted by Stormrider on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:53am CST
I would like to see the remaining Stunticons done.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (862273)
Posted by First Gen on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:37pm CST
Brian Savage of the Transformers Club has posted some new information on the official Club boards about the upcoming Botcon 2009 figure set. Here's what he had to share:

OK, while we are working on finalizing the convention details, brochure and registration forms, we wanted to start the speculation game:

"For one young Autobot..." is all we have revealed so far. While we tend to guard the convention sets and souvenirs closely, I want to let you know that we are very excited about what we have waiting in the wings!

The set we have planned features a team of select Autobots never before featured in G1 in this way. The timeline we are spotlighting is new, yet very familiar...

Let the games begin!

Brian

G1 molds? Autobots? A possible counter to 2007's "Games of Deception" set? Only time will tell.

Want to be in the know about Botcon and the Transformers Club? Then check out our official TFCC Q&A thread here.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (862279)
Posted by Hard Hacker on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:51pm CST
It could be an all new continuity, like last year.

It'd be nice to see all new characters made from the Universe moulds, or an expansion of the Fun Pub Classics fiction. I got my Springer and Huffer today, and they are brilliant, it'd be nice for that universe to be expanded.

Diaclone Sunstreaker deco?
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (862281)
Posted by Editor on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:52pm CST
My thought from that statement was the second wave of G1 Autobots Cars, possibly reusing energon molds.
Re: New Info on next Botcon Figure Set (862283)
Posted by i_amtrunks on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:55pm CST
Young Autobot....

A team of Hot Shot's or Wheelie's? :P

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "transformers age of extinction slug slag" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTEH BUMBLEBEE AND SAM WITWICKY HASBRO 2010" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SILVER KNIGHT OPTIMUS PRIME PLATINUM EDITION LEADER AOE NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Platinum Edition Optimus Prime Year of the Horse" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Platinum Edition PREDAKING Figure Amazon Exclusive Discontinued" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Complete Platinum Edition 30th Rise of Rodimus Prime + Galvatron" on EBAY