Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 11:33am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,311

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Down_shift we have some information for you regarding Canada's ship date for Titans Return as well as some prices in Canadian currency. Here is what Down_shift had to say:

Down_Shift wrote:It's not a sighting, but it is relevant to all of our interests.

I'm 99% sure everyone has seen this stuff before since it' been out there for a while now, but I thought I'd post it again since these are hitting stores shortly.

Legends Class - $12.99 (SKU#789658)
Deluxe Class - $19.99 (SKU#789661)
Voyager Class - $29.99 (SKU#789663)
Leader Class - $59.99 (SKU#789666)
Titan Class - $229.99 (SKU#789669)
Computron Gift Set - $149.95 (SKU#789634)

I checked with a friend at my local TRU and had them run the SKU in their computer (the green and back screen, not the web browser one) and it shows most of them shipping around the 25th, with the exception of Computron because I forgot to check.

Obviously mileage will vary by store and location. But, if you have someone you can chat with at your local TRU run have them run those SKU numbers and it might just give you a time line that you can use to build a plan of attack!

I should specify that they said it could show up as early as the 25th or even the first week of July. Like I said, mileage may vary but I hope this helps with the hunt!

Credit(s): Toys R Us

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 12:45pm CDT

Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797652)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:11pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:True, but $14.99 to $23.99 for the same combiner limbs is stretching it a little bit though...

I am right there with you, I would absolutely despise TRU is they were that high. I beleive our more leniant price matching laws are the reason they cant get away with that in Quebec/Canada. They would lose too many sales to Walmart (which is next door to my TRU :lol: ). Pretty nuts how that price gap between deluxe and voyager keeps getting smaller.

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I was considering that the original comics cost $3.99, and I took off about a dollar since they do lack some of the features, but it is still about $3 worth of comic there. I agree that older comics would be sold off cheaper and the price is meaningless, but that's how I had thought of them. Made me feel a little better that I was getting a good toy and a comic for a good price (especially with the spotlights of Trailcutter and Hoist)

Yeah, I hear you. I think the reason see no value to them is because they dont come with the international version, which comes with a card instead. So I dont feel I am missing out on anything with the switch. And plus, if they have the same MSRP with or without comic, it means that Hasbro themselves see little value to them and I guess those business notions end up forging my thoughts on their value. But I am sorry for your loss there.

Agamemnon wrote:With Titan Returns, we are generally getting two transforming figures in each package... (#JustifyCosts?) :-s

Costs dont need to be justified to me, we are getting these at a huge bargain compared to what people's parents spent in the 80s for their kids.

Here is G1 Hardhead with his old price sticker intact:

Unlike the early G1s, headmasters were all plastic and like most G1, paint apps were minimal and they cost 15.47$. That is the equivalent of $32.58 today, meaning that people's parents had to work the same amount of hours necessary to make $32.58 today to be able to afford that toy back then.
Almost 30 years later, we are now getting a toy of that similar size with modern engineering, a higher parts count, more articulation and more paint apps (with a collector card :D ) for.... 16-20$. So you only have to work the amount of time it takes to make 20$ instead of 32$ to be able to afford this toy.

Transformer toys have gotten far more affordable than when they originally appeared and we tend not to realize that.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797655)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:15pm CDT
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797659)
Posted by Randomhero on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:31pm CDT
Ultra Mad wrote:Hasbro (and Toys R us) have a good sense of humor if they expect me to pay over 200$ for Fort Max. Especially after seeing a few reviews of him online.

Well that's why it's a choice. If you don't like it don't, buy it. If the reviews don't wow you, don't buy it. If the price doesn't satisfy you than don't buy it. No body is forcing you to do anything.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797664)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:44pm CDT
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797666)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:50pm CDT
Ultra Mad wrote:It is a choice. But there is something bothering me about such a high price tag for a product that is nowhere near masterpiece quality. At the end of the day, this figure is a *toy* a lot more then a collectable (and yes, I do realise that all Transformers are technically toys, not collectable). And to have paid less then half of that price for Metroplex 2 years ago ( I paid 115$, taxes included, in Canada), which is basically the basis for this toy, make me wonder what they are thinking. :-? I can't imagine many parents rushing into store to buy him for their kids. The advantages of him being at such retail store however is that at some point, he might be on sale for a 'decent' price. (The definition of decent being different for everybody).

When I saw that price, I told myself I was gonna wait for him to be less than $100 at Costco which wa the case for every other titan class toy so far.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797669)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

That's my plan if I decide I really want him 8-)
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797686)
Posted by Cobotron on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:40pm CDT
Were there ever reports of Devistator at Costco? :-?
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797688)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:42pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Were there ever reports of Devistator at Costco? :-?

Canadian Costco, yes, for less than 50$. Dont know if he ever showed up in the US
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797691)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:47pm CDT
Metroplex was at our Costco for $50 but I never heard of Devastator being there in the US
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797694)
Posted by Cobotron on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:53pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Canadian Costco
CostCan? :-P

this joke sponsored in part by Thew.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797699)
Posted by Va'al on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Canadian Costco
CostCan? :-P

this joke sponsored in part by Thew.

CostCeh.
MooseCo.

etc
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797703)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Canadian Costco
CostCan? :-P

this joke sponsored in part by Thew.

Heh.

And I was wrong a bit. He didnt cost as little as I posted, he was a tad bit more pricey:

Wont be easy though. He only goes on clearance if there are any left and they go away fast when priced so low. Walmart might be a safer bet. He went for less than 100$ 6 months later.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797705)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:14pm CDT
I have no trouble conceiving they won't sell out all of their Fortress Max at his price range. But you're right, once he get to clearance, it will be a though hunt.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797718)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:41pm CDT

I did however hear that Metroplex was at a Costco near me, but my near I mean the nearest is 3 hours away
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797725)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:47pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I never saw Metroplex or Devastator as my mass retails. Never reached the local Walmarts, TRU or Target.

But does it matter if they are in brick and mortar stores for those big box retailers like Walmart, TRU or Target? Its the same prices and discounts online and collectors know to find them there. Its not like them being on the shelves helps them sell more when the price is that big.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797756)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It was more me commenting on seeing titans in stores, not necessarily that buying them in store was better
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797762)
Posted by Down_Shift on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:36pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Just to precise, the June 25th date is a "Ship Date" and in this context, it likely means "date that our distribution centers will send them out to stores", but to which stores, in what quantity, and at what pace is going to be almost entirely unknown. However, with that date being within the next 2 weeks, it is logical to assume that the rest of North America is not far behind. So keep your eyes peeled!

The date of the 25th isn't really a street date. Not in the same sense of say, Movie figures that typically have a date in May that they are released to the public.

These are a progressive release. The TRU I mentioned shows them as a shipped item. They were ball parking the estimated time of arrival as the 25th, as that's when they get a truck in. Now, they did say it could show up on the next truck in the first week of July, it just all depends on what was put on the truck at the D.C.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797769)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I see ;)^ Sorry for being a d#@k.

PS: Woah, that word isnt censored, oh well, I will self censur it.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797786)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 14th, 2016 @ 4:29pm CDT
Just a quick note about the $23.99 Deluxes at Toys R Us. Whenever you see a price that ridiculously high, it's often a sign that they're going to put it on sale soon. I remember seeing Target jack the prices of the Prime Cyberverse Playsets up to like $40 and then selling them for 30% off the next week. It makes it seem like you're getting a better deal when you're only saving a dollar or two over the normal price.
Re: New Information on Transformers Titans Return Canadian Ship Date, Prices and SKU Codes (1797802)
Posted by Emerje on June 14th, 2016 @ 5:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Is Walmart.com for Canada better at pricing than the American version? Ours is a pretty terrible place. There are deals to be had, but they completely lack consistency.

CWdeluxe.JPG

cwsw.JPG

And those are Walmart.com's prices, not market prices. I don't remember Titans ever being offered on there by Walmart either.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY