Transformers News: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime

Saturday, January 5th, 2019 9:52AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 22,177

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, we have discovered some new in-hand pictures of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime figure! These come couresty of YouTuber TonTon Reviews, presumably as a preview of his next review.

For comparison, they have put this new entry into the Studio Series with MP-10 and Takara Tomy's Movie Advanced series "Classics Optimus Prime" (Evasion Mode Optimus Prime). This gives us a good look at the back of the figure in Alt mode.

Are you still wanting to get your hands on this version of Prime? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): Sabrblade from Seibertron, TonTon Reviews on YouTube
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002691)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 5th, 2019 @ 9:55am CST
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002694)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 5th, 2019 @ 9:58am CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:So today in the post I got the new SS Jetfire, Optimus and Bonecrusher. I noticed something I don't think anyone has picked up on yet however.

In the packaging of Jetfire, there was a fake-chest piece for Optimus. I thought maybe it was a spare for the new SS Optimus, but it is a completely different colour. More metallic red than the other one.

optimuschest.jpg

I may be mistaken, but is this the same colour as the ROTF Optimus? I don't know if this means that Jetfire could be compatible or not, I am yet to transform either Jetfire or Optimus. I don't have the ROTF Optimus so I can't be sure myself.

I'm curious about this as well. I don't know what this is or means
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002697)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:13am CST
I wonder if this Prime will be in scale with the Trilogy trailer in truck mode.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002698)
Posted by Randomhero on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:17am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:This new SS classic Optimus blow the new siege one out of the water in looks alone. Very clean bot mode and truck mode without any weird extra bits. I'm looking forward to how he transform and his overall quality.

That’s good considering they’re two different characters and toys that begs the question on why compare them
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002701)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:19am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder if this Prime will be in scale with the Trilogy trailer in truck mode.
Probably not. The Trilogy trailer was Deluxe-scaled. This toy's a Voyager.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002703)
Posted by Stryker P28 on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:25am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Probably not. The Trilogy trailer was Deluxe-scaled. This toy's a Voyager.

That makes sense,but with the downscaling in my opinion it could be more or less in scale
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002704)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:25am CST
Randomhero wrote:

Uh? Both are Optimus. Both are mainline voyagers. Both have classic looks. Both are flat nose trucks. OF COURSE THEY CAN BE COMPARED.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002713)
Posted by metrotitan2346 on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:46am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

optimuschest.jpg

I'm curious about this as well. I don't know what this is or means

Well, ROTF Optimus's ab/chest piece isnt removable like the new 07 Prime, so it could be a cover for the ab bits on ROTF Prime.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002716)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:04am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002719)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:19am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I think, if I understand his intention right, that he's saying they can't be compared because one is supposed to be a real earth vehicle, the other isn't, or at least as alien as they can get but still keeping the vehicle cues so that Prime looks like the animation model to the best of limits of the size class and budget.

That's splitting hair. Because we could compare both to the good old Classic mold as well, which is not supposed to be "realistic".
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002721)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:24am CST
Hey don't shoot the messenger ;)
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002722)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:33am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

You could but it still wouldn't make it a good comparison. They both fill different roles in a collection. Sure you could use this one in a generations display just like you could put siege Optimus in a movie display but it doesn't mean that's where they were intended to go.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002723)
Posted by Randomhero on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:38am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Exactly they’re both different Optimus Primes. Both do two different things. It’s like comparing Prime Optimus and Animated Optimus. What’s the point? They both are two different characters that share SIMILAR likenesses but are completely different people

Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002724)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:43am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Probably not. The Trilogy trailer was Deluxe-scaled. This toy's a Voyager.
Right, but the trailer was too big for the deluxe cab. I have the already released RoTF Prime and the trailer is n scale with it, except I can't attach it because of Prime's feet on the back in truck mode. I can't get them out of the way unless I remove the pins and take off the feet. If the Bee Prime is the same size as the RoTF Prime, it should work.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002725)
Posted by Agent 53 on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:49am CST
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002727)
Posted by Randomhero on January 5th, 2019 @ 12:00pm CST
Agent 53 wrote:As I don't know how to do it without messing it up I'm putting a call out to members of TFWiki, we know that this figure exists, it's clearly not a hoax, when is the wiki gonna acknowledge it's existence? We've known about it for what? 2,3 weeks now?

Usually when we have an official announcement and stock photos. They don’t post photos of figures sitting on someone’s table.

However if you really want him on the wiki now go ahead and put it there. It’s a wiki, you yourself can add stuff on there but it will probably go through review. Sometimes a mod will check.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002728)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2019 @ 12:00pm CST
When it's announced officially by Hasbro and not through unofficial leaks.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002731)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 5th, 2019 @ 12:11pm CST
Randomhero wrote:Would you compare Siege Megatron with Studio Series ROTF Megatron? If so? WHHHHHY?!

With this, you are splitting hair to the point of nuclear fusion. There's a matter of vehicle type and style too. Plus both bots are completely different in overall style.

Prime Optimus could be compared to the ROTF one. Similar vehicle type, similar overal style. Same with Animated Rodimus and Classic Rodimus. Same vehicle, same overall style. Just look at the broader picture, but not TOO broad like your absurd Megatron example. And speaking of Megatron, I could compare the Seige one with the Combiner Wars leader. Same type of tank, same robot mode, same placement of kibble. However, one is a voyager and the other is a leader, making the comparison invalid as far as the TOYS are concerned.

What I care about is the TOYS. I don't give a rat's tail about fiction. As an off topic note, the Seige style, although very nice, is not really "Cybertronian". More like "cyberpunk" earth modes. The palm for best Cybertronian designs ever go to the amazing Activision video games.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002736)
Posted by Randomhero on January 5th, 2019 @ 12:20pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

What you’re doing is splitting hairs :lol:

Ones a movie figure and ones a CHUG figure. Doesn’t matter if they share similarities they’re both Optimus Primes but they’re different characters. You wanna toss siege into movie toys or the other way around that’s your personal fannon but that’s all that is. Both are different lines and made for different purposes. To compare them is comparing apples and oranges.

And I’d like to know how my Megatron is obscured considering ithey’re both the arch enemies of of the two toys are trying make comparisons toward.
Re: New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime (2002739)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 5th, 2019 @ 12:38pm CST
Randomhero wrote:Ones a movie figure and ones a CHUG figure. Doesn’t matter if they share similarities they’re both Optimus Primes but they’re different characters.

As I repeat that I do not have a "fanon" and I don't give a single fox about stories. I look at the toys for what they are. And that new Optimus is 99% CHUG design wise.
A little more and we could call the Cybertron repaints in the 2007 Movie line "movie designs" just because of the box they came in.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Airachnid MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse 1 Step Changer Soundwave Action Figure. Age 6+. NEW" on EBAY
Buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers G2 Minibots Minibot Mini bot bots complete Bumble Bee" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Cyberverse Autobot POWERGLIDE action figure, Japanese version" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro G2 Transformers Autobots Dreadwing Figure 1993 Vintage Generation 2 Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G2 Cyberjets Air Raid MOSC Sealed" on EBAY