New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx

New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx

Saturday, May 30th, 2020 1:59pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 36,491

Greetings Seibertronians! Do you feel that your collection is missing a certain magnificent specimen? Well maybe these photos will help you make your mind up!

These in hand photos of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx come courtesy of fellow Seibertron user, LeAwesome1, who purchased Sky Lynx from UK website In Demand Toys, and thanks to the magic of one day shipping, it arrived today!

The photos show off all the modes his majesty can make, from his humble bird mode to his spectacular launch base.

Transformers News: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx

LeAwesome1 also has this to say about Sky Lynx, gathered from his time with him so far!

LeAwesome1 wrote:Overall I love this figure. I don't know much about Sky Lynx, but I love the design and this definitely hit the mark better than my now sold CW version. The vehicle modes for both look incredible, and its very easy to connect and separate the two halves (maybe too easy). The bird mode is quite hard to stand up but when you do is glorious, and the lynx also looks great, I think I may prefer the lynx out of the two. The combined mode is obviously what I'll display him in and it looks great, very happy with how it turned out. My only minor complaint is that the transformation really isn't that hard, infact I'd say some of the smaller ER releases are more complex. But, it looks magnificent. Also, the wings are attached via mushroom pegs and one of mine keeps falling off, so may have to make that a bit tighter. Everything else is great! The base mode was also a surprise, I rather enjoyed looking at it. Bit too small to be a proper base, but looks the part. Only problem is the shuttle doesn't seem to peg in very well to the base, so it relies on that little ramp to prop him up. But, again, overall this is fantastic and I recommend to anyone.

Have these images convinced you? Have you already pre-ordered? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): LeAwesome1 from Seibertron

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 30th, 2020 3:57pm CDT

Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065852)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 30th, 2020 @ 2:50pm CDT
I really like the lynx but dislike the bird for some reason...

As for the Seekers, I hope the 2-pack won't be just online but in stores as well.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065854)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2020 @ 3:12pm CDT
I don’t really see a difference between Starscream and Thundercracker. Maaaaaaybe a smirk on ‘Sceamer? Skywarp’s shouting face is lowkey annoying, but I can get over it. Definitely need these and the inevitable Coneheads.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065856)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 30th, 2020 @ 3:22pm CDT
yeah that alternate face for the seekers just outright sucks; having had a good time to check out starscream, I can safely say that I don't want any of them, the head just seems so tiny compared to the boxy body
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065857)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 30th, 2020 @ 3:24pm CDT
Is he being released across the UK already? Pulse has him listed for September. If so, that's really early.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065873)
Posted by First-Aid on May 30th, 2020 @ 8:14pm CDT
GIMME!

Amazing figure! Only concern is that bird mode head is big for the body...but that ain't putting me off.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065875)
Posted by Kup98ss on May 30th, 2020 @ 8:46pm CDT
Hasbro finally made a transformer I want to buy. If I can make it work with my masterpiece collection I'll buy it.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065877)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:38pm CDT
We already knew Earthrise would include a new Smokescreen and while it could be assumed that we would get the rest of the Datsuns in this new Earthrise mode, it always helps to get some confirmation. Well, we now know the product code for the upcoming Bluestreak toy. Of course, until we see the images or more listings, it may be something else, but logic points toward this simply being Earthrise Bluestreak, which we all guessed was coming. You can see the item number in the tab for the following link: https://www.ideeundspiel.com/p/tra-wfc- ... ERE74635L0

TRA WFC Bluestreak
Hasbro product number: E74635L0

For those wondering, Siege Bluestreak was E8291.

The same site also had the product numbers for the following two listings:

Ironhide and Prowl 2 pack:E74615L0

Alternate Universe Optimus Prime:E74625L0

This was found by fellow Seibertronian JT Prime.

Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065879)
Posted by Thunderboltprime on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:53pm CDT
Interesting, but what I’m curious about is what the Alternative Universe Prime is. I think from some leaked images that it could be a remold of the Siege Ultra Magnus/Galaxy Upgrade Mold, but what Prime fits the mold the best?
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065880)
Posted by Roadbuster on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:55pm CDT
Might as well just throw the retools into two-packs. Pair Ratchet with Red Alert, Mirage with Hound, and make Sideswipe solo with his proper equipment. But what really intrigues me is this Alternate Universe Prime. We've gotten the TF Cybertron one. My guess is Armada Prime.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065881)
Posted by Quantum Surge on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065882)
Posted by Thunderboltprime on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:58pm CDT
Possibly Armada, but I thought the leaked images didn’t exactly look like the prototype of Armada that was shown with Star Convoy? I could just be remembering it wrong
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065883)
Posted by Roadbuster on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:58pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:I really don't want this set to be scalped to the max, especially when there's been a frustrating lack of Siege Skywarp but Thundercracker and Starscream are still around.

I think he is still available over Amazon. Got mine shortly after it came out.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065884)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:03pm CDT
Roadbuster wrote:But what really intrigues me is this Alternate Universe Prime. We've gotten the TF Cybertron one. My guess is Armada Prime.
The most widespread current theories are either Shattered Glass or RiD 2001/Car Robots.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065885)
Posted by Skritz on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

You know, I could totally see RiD2001 Optimus as a massive retool/shared engineering from Doubledealer, assuming he went from vehicle mode to super mode directly.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065886)
Posted by Tuned Agent on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Could it be the "sleep mode" Prime? Granted, it would be odd to call it an "alternate universe" Prime, but I guess stranger things have happened.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065887)
Posted by Skritz on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:17pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Man, it would suck but its bad enough to sound plausible.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065888)
Posted by Autobot N on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:20pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Man, it would suck but its bad enough to sound plausible.
My prediction is that Sleepy Prime was supposed to be the SDCC exclusive that now has to be released online for obvious reasons. Kind of like how the Reflector 3-pack was supposed to be the Hascon 2019 exclusive, but ended up being offered as a regular online exclusive because of Hascon's cancellation.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065889)
Posted by Skritz on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:25pm CDT
I hope so but I'm honestly expecting the worst out of this 'alt universe' Optimus.
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065892)
Posted by DeathReviews on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:43pm CDT
I think I actually prefer the CW version to the ER version, based on the pictures. The ER one is more versatile as an individual figure, but the CW version has the combiner gimmick going for it. Plus, I never really liked Sky Lynx' design....
Re: New In-Hand Photos Of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx (2065897)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2020 @ 10:59pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That one is said to be part of Selects rather than Earthrise proper.

Though, if it were the case, there is one semi-obscure precedent for a dead G1 Prime being an alternate universe variant:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers GO! Swordbot Shinobi team (Gekisoumaru, Hishoumaru & Sensuimaru)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise WFC-E22 Voyager Quintesson Judge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Bumblebee DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Prime Go! G26 Optimus Exprime EX Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Go Shinobi team Gekisoumaru Hishoumaru Sensuimaru g20 g05 G10" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 6 figures lot Takara LG16 Slipstream Sky Shadow Starscream Thrust +" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WFC-E22 Earthrise Voyager Quintesson Judge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Blitzwing Complete CHUG Voyager Class Rare" on EBAY