New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz

Transformers News: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz

Tuesday, September 25th, 2018 3:07AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 8,389

With all the trailer news and toy news and various interviews - read the latest with director Travis Knight here, on his breakdown of those very same trailers we've seen over the weekend - we also have the launch of a new Transformers Bumblebee Movie website!

The page, which sports the 'Who is Bumblebee?' slug, brings us into Charlie Watson's Garage, where the 1980s are loud, and Bumblebee waits, to let viewers explore this new iteration of the Paramount Transformers franchise, the trailers, various clips, and a most definite favourite in the blue sphere of energy in the 360° look at the garage. Check it all out by clicking on the image below!

Credit(s): Whoisbumblebee
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985927)
Posted by Deadput on September 25th, 2018 @ 3:45am CDT
Ohhhhhhhhhh, what if they try to do a homage to the very first G1 Episode with Bumblebee and Wheeljack at the start of the movie?

Now that would be G1 pandering that would be really good and brilliant.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985928)
Posted by Burn on September 25th, 2018 @ 5:14am CDT

But this is the complete opposite, just because of a few seconds of G1-esque designs and suddenly it's the greatest movie ever. ugh ... my expectations were low, but given how people have peed their pants over this trailer I feel like logging off for a few weeks until the over-hype dies down until December.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985936)
Posted by Z3ROhour on September 25th, 2018 @ 6:51am CDT
zfogshooterz wrote:Shatter and Dropkick are literally just FANTASTIC! Love 'em! They literally shows on why I was into the TF live-action films in the first place. Just amazing. Blitzwing is totally awesome too! The fight scenes between Bee and those cons are just WOW!
Really hoping there's gonna be Barricade there.

As for the G1-esque bots, I personally feel that this don't mix well with the awesomeness Bee and the cons have brought. Don't get me wrong. They look pretty nice. But they don't seem to belong in this continuity. I would be really impressed had they been introduced in another installment (could be a new series, or a game), but in this movie? That feeling is kinda stamped out.

Thankfully, the stuff that's on earth is amazing enough to still get me hyped for this movie.

Just my two cents.

i feel that they take everything we love about movie verse bots
(not a ton, but still something),
and melded it, quite nicely, with the G1-ishness we were sad to be missing.

the mashup aesthetic
is WORKIN 4 me!

:KREMZEEK:
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985940)
Posted by Z3ROhour on September 25th, 2018 @ 6:58am CDT
Really hoping there's gonna be Barricade there.

Just my two cents.

now
if :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: can pull their collective...
cranial modules...
from their... um...
rear axle assembly,
and produce these beauties of a triple-changers
into descent figs.

oooooo, boy!
i'd bee the happy happy joy joy!

ooo, ding-dang-doo!
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985946)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2018 @ 7:20am CDT
Burn wrote:I am so incredibly over this movie. For years anyone who reacted negatively to a trailer were shouted down and told to wait until the movie was released before judging.

You must be referring to elsewhere, since on this site in this very thread the most vocal reactions have been criticizing the G1-based designs, not loving them.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985950)
Posted by Big Grim on September 25th, 2018 @ 7:34am CDT

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm loving the more G1 inspired designs but I'm still only cautiously optimistic. Believe me, not all of us drink the kool aid.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985966)
Posted by william-james88 on September 25th, 2018 @ 8:37am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Now I'm just worried the Studio Series I enjoy collecting will get contaminated by G1-style toys that won't look much different to what's been happening in the Power of the Primes or the new Seige stuff or whatever. Keep these things seperate and in their own lil space of fandom.

Well that Studio Series Dropkick looks very G1 styled, with those smooth rectangular limbs being solid pieces of the alt mode. Looks like how I wish Generations Whirl would have turned out.

And yeah, as I told D-Max, I get where you are coming from. But I dont feel that way, simply because I never liked the overcomplicated designs, they always felt more alien than robotic, especially the decepticons. I really love this Blitzwing face, wow.

Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985968)
Posted by Deadput on September 25th, 2018 @ 8:43am CDT
Now that I think about it the only design that strikes to me as non fitting with the Bay Aesthetic is Soundwave outside of his head, he's pretty darn smooth even in comparison to Prime and Bee who are quite the smooth fellas themselves.

I'm personally less excited for the designs and such and more so for the fact that at the very least this movie seems to be trying to have a soul and be a family film.

They already seem quite better then Bay's run just for that, and honestly that's all I'm personally looking for.

Alas I'm personally waiting for the movie to come out to make my final decision.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985974)
Posted by Deadput on September 25th, 2018 @ 8:47am CDT
william-james88 wrote:As for Bee being Bay-verse Bee, I feel thats only because of his face. Of course, a head is a big deal, it totally defines you. But for this Bee, its all thats left. The rest of the bot feels very G1 styled (not necessaily G1 Bee,but G1 in general), with all the smooth surfaces. I think if his head was made more G1 ala Soundwave and Prime in this film, it would truly reveal just how different this been design is compared to the established Bay look.

I actually feel like Bee's head here looks very well, it's cute and more like what I think his original Bay verse head was supposed to invoke to the audience. (the whole puppy like behavior)

I honestly don't know what I prefer I like Bee's G1 face and it's probably easier for talking but I think it's just pretty generic like all the non face plated Autobots (not that there's anything wrong with normal generic mouth faces but for someone as significant as Bumblebee)
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985976)
Posted by Combat Zero on September 25th, 2018 @ 8:51am CDT
Ha, took them 11 years to finally get the designs right. Maybe I might see some potential on how this turned out after all. :-?
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985979)
Posted by william-james88 on September 25th, 2018 @ 8:56am CDT
Deadput wrote:

I didnt mean to say it didnt look good, i just meant it was the only obvious remnant of the original Bay design and the only thing stopping it from us thinking he looks more in line with Optimus and Soundwave.

Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah, I am personally a bit upset that I have no one to share my sqwees with :(
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985991)
Posted by Deadput on September 25th, 2018 @ 9:33am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah, I am personally a bit upset that I have no one to share my sqwees with :(

Oh I see, I understand what you mean.

And I do share excitement over these designs in general even if it's just a movie take on G1 designs.

I just really like Acid Storm being there.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985994)
Posted by Autobot N on September 25th, 2018 @ 9:44am CDT
Deadput wrote:I just really like Acid Storm being there.
Hey, first he gets into the main cast of Cyberverse, and now he's in a movie. Acid Storm is on the uptick.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985997)
Posted by Deadput on September 25th, 2018 @ 10:06am CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Deadput wrote:I just really like Acid Storm being there.

Could say he's brewing up a storm eh?
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1985999)
Posted by partholon on September 25th, 2018 @ 10:14am CDT
ya know lads theres one other thing to remember here.

this is the CHEAPEST Transformers movie in the franchise. $100 mil or so IIRC.

So to get the cyberton stuff looking anyway decent at all is a bleeding miracle- and my moneys is STILL on em polishing that stuff off to look better by release date.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1986018)
Posted by Autobot N on September 25th, 2018 @ 12:22pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Autobot N wrote:
Deadput wrote:I just really like Acid Storm being there.

Could say he's brewing up a storm eh?
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1986021)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 25th, 2018 @ 12:45pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Autobot N wrote:
Deadput wrote:I just really like Acid Storm being there.

Could say he's brewing up a storm eh?

...I've found my people.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1986032)
Posted by DeadCaL on September 25th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CDT
Autobot_Benz wrote:Love this, Travis Knight is a fan of transformers and actually wants to make the fans happy. A total 180 of the franchise killer Micheal Bay

Well, I wouldn't say he killed it. He made it successful mediocrity

$$ Dollar, Dollar Bills, Yo $$
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1986034)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 25th, 2018 @ 2:00pm CDT
partholon wrote:ya know lads theres one other thing to remember here.

this is the CHEAPEST Transformers movie in the franchise. $100 mil or so IIRC.

Actually I think the length of that Cybertron segment will be testament to how "cheap" the movie is as in comparison to the rest of the movie, it'll be very short.
Re: New Interactive Transformers Bumblebee Movie Website Launched #JoinTheBuzz (1986036)
Posted by o.supreme on September 25th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CDT
I understand some of the criticisms, comparing some of the all-cybertronian sequences to things like FoC (which was top notch video game graphics for 2012), or even Transformers Prime (2010-2013) but I think HD game graphics have kind of spoiled us.

I'm not exactly sure what the average budget is for video games nowadays. I know that development of a game is becoming more and more like that of a big budget hollywood movie, but still, I don't think they are in the high tens-to hundreds of millions of dollars for development.

I too believe the sequences (however brief they are) will look more polished by the time of release, or else, yes it would look jarring. The first TF film, DotM, and even TLK (when Prime meets Quintessa), all had 100% cg scenes on Cybertron that did not look any different than the overall film.

I'm sure, as most have speculated, the scenes of war on Cybertron will be brief, but any future chance we have to have a full movie with nothing but Transformers, I am going to support any way I can.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #210 - Super Cars
"Super Cars"
Posted: Sunday, October 21st, 2018

Buy "Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Mini Figure Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Cybertron Backstop BM Nightviper Combiner Wars Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Swindle Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Vortex Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1987 G1 Transformers Decoy #45 Longhaul Purple Hasbro 1987 Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Impossible Toys Alpha Traon Figure - Transformers Alpha Trion 3rd Party 3P 2012" on EBAY