New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime"

New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime"

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 3:46pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 20,611

IDW Publishing's Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall ahs updated his blog RyallTime with two pages of interior art from the soon to be released book "I Am Optimus Prime".

Written by Chris Ryall, and illustrated by the Sharp Brothers "I Am Optimus Prime" is aimed as younger readers aged 4-7 years old, with art based on the Robot Heroes line of figures, which you can see here.

While showcasing many character that have already received the Robot Heroes treatment, like Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Arcee, we also get what could be considered our first look at Robot Heroes Ratchet

You can check out the four pages (2 images) of interior art below, or head on over to Ryall's blog, by clicking here.

New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime"

New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime"

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893109)
Posted by mattyc1007 on March 3rd, 2009 @ 3:51pm CST
aw look at the little kitty cat :mrgreen:
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893128)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on March 3rd, 2009 @ 4:36pm CST
That's so cool! My daughter is 4, she might be up for this, but the violence gives me pause, cartoonish as it may be. I'm trying to keep that sort of thing away from her as long as I realistically can, you know? But she's becoming quite the little fan-kid- loves her Animated Bumblebee and Optimus PJs.

*will prob buy anyway*
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893157)
Posted by JazZeke on March 3rd, 2009 @ 5:40pm CST
YES! Now we can inundate the next generation with the TRUTH about Ratchet's helmet color. You white-helmet-ers with soon DIE OUT! It is only inevitable! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893166)
Posted by soundwave13c on March 3rd, 2009 @ 5:54pm CST
looks interesting :-? I should actually invest more in the literature of TFs.
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893199)
Posted by TRANS+CRAZY on March 3rd, 2009 @ 7:28pm CST
I don't care if the book's aimed at young readers, I'm so going to buy that book. If anyone asks, I'm going to say that I bought it so that when I have kids, I can tell them Transformers bedtime stories.
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893262)
Posted by typh0id on March 3rd, 2009 @ 9:59pm CST
I've already preordered this for my son...He will flip when he finds out I have a TF book to read to him before bedtime...I've never bought any of the 8x8 TFA storybooks because I really can't stomach those types of books...But this one looks top-notch :D
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893281)
Posted by AutobotJazz on March 3rd, 2009 @ 10:30pm CST
that actually looks pretty cool.
Re: New Interior Art from "I Am Optimus Prime" (893302)
Posted by ponycorn on March 3rd, 2009 @ 10:57pm CST
These two pictures alone make me dream of an entire children's product like with this art. I'll take 1 sheet set, 1 bathroom coordinates set, coasters, cups and plates, and some of those "flypaper" static cling wall decorations. Oh yeah, and posters too.

Definitely picking this book up. Putting it down might be a challenge though.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY