New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron!

New KO on the Market:  Classics Megatron!

Tuesday, June 5th, 2007 12:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 30,651

Seibertron.com member Darth Decepticonus has found something very interesting on eBay.com. There is a new listing for a Super Laser Gun who may look a little familiar.

It is a remolded and repainted Classics Megatron! The figure is the same as Classics Megatron overall with a different color, however, the Decepticon Insignia on the scope of the figure has also been removed.

With knock-off's, one is never enough. So we'll keep you posted if any more Classics receive knock-off treatments as well.

Credit(s): Darth Decepticonus

This article was last modified on Friday, November 23rd, 2007 12:39am CST

Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149875)
Posted by City Commander on June 5th, 2007 @ 12:31pm CDT
Yeah, that definetly looks like a good Classics Browning figure for me. Anyone know of the plastic quality, joint quality etc?
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149882)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 5th, 2007 @ 12:34pm CDT
I like him...
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149883)
Posted by mattyc1007 on June 5th, 2007 @ 12:35pm CDT
i know what u guys mean but what about japanesse transformers
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149884)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 5th, 2007 @ 12:35pm CDT
I want one. Or 2. Now i can finally repaint Megaron. Its been so hard to find classics Megatron for the past few mounths. This is good news.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149898)
Posted by Psychout on June 5th, 2007 @ 12:47pm CDT
Woohoo!! Now i can repaint one into G1 Megatron!
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149907)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 5th, 2007 @ 12:55pm CDT
Too bad its not sold at Big Lots
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149920)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 5th, 2007 @ 1:02pm CDT
Who did those recent G1 repaints of Classics Megs? I'm actually interested in buying one, or perhaps sending one to be repainted, cuz I have no skills.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149924)
Posted by Scaleface on June 5th, 2007 @ 1:09pm CDT
I love it. This guy has a bunch of knockoffs for around $10 plus $10 shipping. I love the mini-Hotrod Targetmaster and the Sixshot toys. I hope they don't shut him down.

I just "Bought it now" - I'm calling this Megatron knockoff "Classic Megaplex".

Wouldn't it just totally rock if the guys making this classic knockoff recolor continued this with a blue recolor of Starscream?
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149991)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 5th, 2007 @ 1:59pm CDT
Err,what is the point of a Knock Off of something that is freely available?
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (149997)
Posted by DISCHARGE on June 5th, 2007 @ 2:05pm CDT
That looks kinda neat.
Kinda how they might have painted it for a Galvatron repaint.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150066)
Posted by dragons on June 5th, 2007 @ 2:50pm CDT
doesnt look that all impresive one is just bigger than the other with bad colors.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150070)
Posted by metalformer on June 5th, 2007 @ 2:52pm CDT
Looks pretty good. I wonder if the materials are as good, within the circumstances.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150107)
Posted by DSanza on June 5th, 2007 @ 3:17pm CDT
That's actually pretty good. Does anybody know where to get this?
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150130)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 5th, 2007 @ 3:37pm CDT
I love it! If I see that I'm definately picking it up. Kinda got an MIC to it.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150133)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 5th, 2007 @ 3:39pm CDT
I like the original a lot better. I wasn't too keen on the deco at the time but it's one heck of a lot better than the ko is IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing a G1 style repaint or maybe even a retool into Shockwave. But the deco of this ko? Luckily I'm not big on KOs to begin with.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150158)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 5th, 2007 @ 4:03pm CDT
Not bad colors. I actually would buy one.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150228)
Posted by Spooner on June 5th, 2007 @ 4:49pm CDT
Everybody's gotta get in on the act!
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150231)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 5th, 2007 @ 4:51pm CDT
I love Classics Megatron. In my collection he is my current Decepticon/Predicon field commander looking to userp Scorge's rule.

Now, for this topic, I hate the paint scheme on this knockoff, but I wouldn't mind having some to send to slaughter as decoys though!
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150352)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 5th, 2007 @ 5:52pm CDT
Not a bad effort to get him out so quickly.

I think the KO paint scheme may make people who originally did not like Classics Megs colours start to appreciate them more.
Re: New KO on the Market: Classics Megatron! (150430)
Posted by jgilkinson on June 5th, 2007 @ 6:39pm CDT
why make a KO of something you can still find in some stores?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Legends Class COSMOS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Daburu & Autobot Twinferno (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Sergeant Kup Autobot Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY