Transformers News: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz

Saturday, September 29th, 2018 11:25AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,026

From the official social media page of the Transformers brand, we have a new 'Leaked From Cybertron' composite image, this time showing off another new addition to the Transformers Studio Series line - one we saw first revealed at San Diego Comic Con 2018, and will undoubtedly see again at New York Comic Con next week - from the upcoming Bumblebee Movie: Decepticon Dropkick!

Shown in the image below in the robot mode, with the helicopter mode as default (rather than the other alt mode of a blue muscle car), at least in its initial prototype mode, featuring some grey and clear plastic on the base mold, and a sorta look at the headsculpt. Check it out!

Decepticon DROPKICK is as bad as they come. Here's an exclusive reveal of a stage 1 production prototype of this Decepticon menace! This is Studio Series Deluxe Class Dropkick – Transformers: Bumblebee

Credit(s): Hasbro Transformers

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986743)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 29th, 2018 @ 11:47am CDT
@Ironhidesnh Very cool. Very different transformations from the same alt-mode. :)
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986748)
Posted by Va'al on September 29th, 2018 @ 12:52pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I find the massive differences in robot mode, yet huge similarities in car mode between SS and MP Bees fascinating.

As long as they're not bugging you, all's good.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986754)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 29th, 2018 @ 1:41pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

As long as they're not bugging you, all's good.

*Ba bum tish*

:lol:

How do you find the ss vw bee, those who have him in hand?
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986755)
Posted by Ironhidensh on September 29th, 2018 @ 1:45pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Va'al wrote:

As long as they're not bugging you, all's good.

*Ba bum tish*

:lol:

How do you find the ss vw bee, those who have him in hand?

A little flimsy and floppy, to be honest. Very nice design, but the quality is lacking.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986756)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 29th, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:How do you find the ss vw bee, those who have him in hand?

Quite a lot of fun. Was a pain in the butt the first time I transformed him to car mode as I couldn't seem to line up everything probably and when I squeezed one part into place, another part of the roof popped out but I got there. Also the mask gimmick was tricky cos the regular face was really hard to remove on mine and the whole head kept popping off when I tried (in fact the gimmick would probably have been a whole lot simpler with the whole head being swappable rather than the faces) but I used some tweezers to prise off the face to put the mask on and switched them back without problem now the face has been taken off that first time. I think the only part of the figure that bugs me is the back end of the car on the back of the lower legs. Just wish it was a bit neater and compact and clicked together nicely. But yeah other than that I'm pretty happy with him and he looks great and poses quite nicely (I like the articulation in the arms especially). I'm gonna paint some extra yellow and silver in places where he should have them too to make him more accurate.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986757)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on September 29th, 2018 @ 1:59pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Va'al wrote:

As long as they're not bugging you, all's good.

*Ba bum tish*

:lol:

How do you find the ss vw bee, those who have him in hand?

I’ve had some issues pegging everything tightly into vehicle mode, but robot mode on my VW Bee is pretty stable. He’s a lot of fun! He does also have an issue with the armor on the back of his legs getting in the way of itself to hinder posing, but my god he’s an improvement over Camaro Bee. Most of it is in the backpack - it actually holds together without falling out and is uses pins so it shouldn’t loosen horribly. Plus I LOVE the battle mask, I’m displaying mine with it.

Sorry, this is the only picture I have since I’m at work but I did manage to find the Marvel Legends Thing yesterday too so getting him and Bumblebee both at once was great
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986758)
Posted by Va'al on September 29th, 2018 @ 2:03pm CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Va'al wrote:

As long as they're not bugging you, all's good.

*Ba bum tish*

:lol:

How do you find the ss vw bee, those who have him in hand?

So much sass in such a little bug.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986759)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 29th, 2018 @ 2:14pm CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:but my god he’s an improvement over Camaro Bee. Most of it is in the backpack - it actually holds together without falling out and is uses pins so it shouldn’t loosen horribly.

I actually do still prefer my camaro Bee figure but yes pins it the roof section of that would have been nice (though as shown in pics and video I posted here ages ago mine is fine after having added bit more friction in that particular roof joint).

Got them in similar poses like a team up. I really don't like VW Bee's gun arm though. It just looks pitiful compared to the bulkier ones on other Bee figures.
DSC_0066 (4).jpg
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986762)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 29th, 2018 @ 2:37pm CDT
Out of curiosity, can you swap the bee cannons? Or are they non-compatible?
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986763)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 29th, 2018 @ 2:56pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Out of curiosity, can you swap the bee cannons? Or are they non-compatible?

Just tried and nope cos surprisingly Vw Bee has a thicker elbow joint that means Camaro Bee's arm cannon will not fit over it and Vw Bee's puny weapon doesn't fit on Camaro Bee's elbow joint either.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986773)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 29th, 2018 @ 4:49pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Thanks for checking it out for me :)
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986803)
Posted by nycPrime on September 29th, 2018 @ 7:27pm CDT
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986813)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on September 29th, 2018 @ 8:53pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Received SS VW Bee. It's a fiddly mess going to vehicle mode. Maybe I'm missing something but it's pretty frustrating right now.

Best way I've found is leave the butt end of the car folded down (behind his lags) and save that for last. I usually fold the side stuff into place (doors, headlights), then plug the roof/hood in, then push arms in place and close the front wheel wells, then finally the car butt. It's definitely annoying to line everything up though.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986817)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CDT

I heard that from others as well. Not sure about this one. Really hated that Camaro.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986851)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 30th, 2018 @ 4:07am CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

I found the first time transfdrming him into car mode was tricky but after a couple goes I found it much easier now I have a better sense of where everything goes and what fits where and the tolerances and such. Very happy with the figure overall but as I said before I just still prefer the Camaro Bee but both are currently my 'deskbots' that are getting much play while I procrastinate on my projects. :P
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986965)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 30th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CDT
I know we're all excited about the new VW Bee, but I want to take a step back to wave 2 again cause Jazz is still really really awesome

Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986973)
Posted by Ironhidensh on September 30th, 2018 @ 8:55pm CDT
Yeah, my Jazz is far superior to the Beetle Bee.
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986977)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 30th, 2018 @ 9:20pm CDT
Got shadow raider and vw bee today... bee is hot garbage, but shadow raider kinda makes me want 2 more re-uses of the lockdown mold (one in navy and one in red with silver stripes) for a whole team for him, they're just so cool, with their interchangeable weapons, the way the gun attaches into the arm is so cool

Bee is a mess with a dumb alt mode... if he tabbed together, I might feel different about him, but holy mother of god is he a pain in my d### to even try to tab together, and the hood clearance in bot mode to fold his trunk under is so close to non-existent, it makes want to never transform him again; that being said, he's got a bitchin' battle mask ;)^
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986978)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 30th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeah, my Jazz is far superior to the Beetle Bee.

Since I figured out how to get him to transform properly, he has rocketed way up to one of my faves, plus, he's pocket-sized to boot, so he can go anywhere :lol:
Re: New 'Leaked from Cybertron' Image of Transformers Studio Series Dropkick #JoinTheBuzz (1986983)
Posted by william-james88 on September 30th, 2018 @ 10:30pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeah, my Jazz is far superior to the Beetle Bee.

My main issue with Jazz was the price. But the toy itself is fine and yes, much better than VW Bee. I just got him today and hate him so much. Mine is defintitely defective due to one of his breastplates not turning, which messes the entire alt mode. Still, even if it worked, I woldnt know how to get that alt mode to tab together. Those pegs in the back really dont do much. I have a replacement on the way, we will see.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Universe Decepticon HEAVY LOAD Heavyload with Drill Bit Mini-Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Voyager Class Heavy Load" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Invasion optimus prime KO generations Voyager size" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Monstrosity by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Dinobot SWOOP HEAD BEAK ASSEMBLY Part Lot Weapon Missiles" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe HEAVY LOAD Voyager Class  figure complete no mini con" on EBAY
Buy "New 2012 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Nova Stinger Bow Airachnid Figure 3"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BACKFIRE Scout Class 2008 Hasbro Tomy" on EBAY