Transformers News: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version

Monday, March 12th, 2018 12:50PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 12,774

We now have two seperate sites listing an upcoming MP-10 Convoy gold version. This will be a gold redeco of the Masterpiece Optimus Prime mold. It is unknown if this will be the final use of the mold before we get the new updated Masterpiece Optimus Prime mold but if it is, that would be similar to what happened with Megatron, who got a gold redeco right before getting a new mold.

The listings state it will not come with a trailer and it is an exclusive toy for the 2018 Wonder Festival. Of course, as with most Japanese exclusives, it will still be available at online retailers, just at a higher cost. The toy will sell at around the $150 USD price point, from what the listings show.

This deco is in reference to the Golden Lagoon episode of the G1 cartoon, but is also simply a premium deco we have seen in the past for exclusives and lucky draw figures.

The sites currently listing this toy are a seller on Taobao and Australian site Toybot Importz.

Below is an image of an unofficial version with similar deco, it is not certain this toy will look exactly like this.

Credit(s): Toybot Importz and Taobao

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945733)
Posted by BW Megatron on March 12th, 2018 @ 1:02pm CDT
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945751)
Posted by shajaki on March 12th, 2018 @ 2:01pm CDT
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945755)
Posted by Overcracker on March 12th, 2018 @ 2:08pm CDT
Interesting. MP 10 was released 8 years after MP-01's original debut.

We're coming up on the 8th birthday for MP 10. Coincidence? You be the judge.

Also interesting, is that its not a Lucky Draw figure. Just a golden release.
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945757)
Posted by YRQRM0 on March 12th, 2018 @ 2:19pm CDT
I would love if it looked like that image but not counting on it.
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945762)
Posted by dragons on March 12th, 2018 @ 3:05pm CDT
BW Megatron wrote:Why would we even need a new Masterpiece Optimus Prime mold? How about instead, Takara moves forward with some more characters.

i dont see green all i see his gold paint tired of all these repaints when they make new figure same thign is going to happen again if they rerelease master piece prime figure with some new looking parts stop with repaints make new figures there not strom troopers, gijoe cobra soldiers
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945763)
Posted by Emerje on March 12th, 2018 @ 3:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:2018 Wonder Festial, Japan's biggest toy fair.

Will, again, Wonder Festival (which happens in the winter and summer) is not Japans biggest toy fair, that's Tokyo Toy Show, the literal equivalent to New York Toy Fair where the entire Japanese toy industry goes. WonFest is more like SDCC and NYCC without the movie trailers, just a place for nerds like us to look at collectibles twice a year.

How do we know so much about this figure already nearly 4 months away? I feel like the source is making a lot of assumptions without actually seeing the figure. I think it's too much to expect it to be an entirely golden figure, I'm cautiously expecting it to just be the regular figure with the silver parts replaced with gold.

Emerje
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945766)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 12th, 2018 @ 3:33pm CDT
How much of the deco comes off the first time the figure is transformed?
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945774)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 12th, 2018 @ 4:19pm CDT
Oh ShaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaj................... :-D
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945780)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 12th, 2018 @ 6:07pm CDT
BLING!BLING!
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945802)
Posted by william-james88 on March 12th, 2018 @ 7:27pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

:lol: I actually thought you would like this news. As a completionist, its prety cool that what would be a Lucky Draw figure to be easier to obtain.

Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:2018 Wonder Festial, Japan's biggest toy fair.

Emerje

Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945821)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on March 12th, 2018 @ 9:26pm CDT
Damn it....they. finally made a non Black MP10 I'm willing to buy. Damn you Takara.
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945859)
Posted by Emerje on March 13th, 2018 @ 6:29am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I will get it right next time! Anyways, if they just switch the silver for the gold, wouldnt that end up looking more like the YOTH version?

Does it matter? The YOTH version wasn't released in Japan. It could be exactly the same figure just without the YOTH logo for all we know. I have my doubts about the figure being entirely gold chromed like the lucky draw figures since those aren't exactly intended to be played with and people should be able to play with their $150 figure without fear of it chipping. Not sure I'd want an entire figure done up like MP G2 Bumblebee either. Minimal gold chrome is best I think.

Emerje
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945934)
Posted by shajaki on March 13th, 2018 @ 1:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I actually thought you would like this news. As a completionist, its prety cool that what would be a Lucky Draw figure to be easier to obtain.
Well, first off I'm not convinced this thing is legitimate, yet. And if it is, due to the nature of Lucky Draws, I don't believe that THIS figure would be gold chrome head to toe. It would cheapen the idea of LD's.

And naw, I'm not overly excited. More annoyed at this point. There's only so many more Convoy's you can squeeze out of this mold, and they won't give them to me. But instead they do BAPE's, Gold, 7-11 (which I admittedly adore) instead of Diaclone Blue or a kickass G2.

Also, obviously I too would be worried about chipping a chromey figure like that.
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1945942)
Posted by william-james88 on March 13th, 2018 @ 2:29pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

It could just be paint and not chrome, like what we saw with Gold Megatron.

Also, would dead Prime deco be redundant at this point with the Bape one?

And I find 711 definitely hits a spot for those who wanted a MP02 type deco.
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1946000)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 13th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1946087)
Posted by Emerje on March 14th, 2018 @ 7:32am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Shaj, how many "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" would you shout if a MP-10 in these colors was announced? Oh, and it would come with an exlusive sword too....

Honestly, that would probably make me angry more than anything. I can't imagine what kind of mess the truck mode would be to make the bot look like that.

But is that even the G2 he was talking about? I was thinking more like this:

william-james88 wrote:Also, would dead Prime deco be redundant at this point with the Bape one?

You mean the gray one? Doesn't the camo stripe on the outside of his arm and Bape logo throw that off?

Emerje
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1946097)
Posted by william-james88 on March 14th, 2018 @ 8:40am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Yeah, thats why I asked. I would throw people off as much as the 711 fo an ultra magnus deco, so I wonder what people think.

And I too thought by G2, he meant the black trailer.
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1946113)
Posted by shajaki on March 14th, 2018 @ 10:30am CDT
Yes, I meant the black trailer version. It's not out of the realm of possibility, they have done G2 Sideswipe and Bumblebee after all.

And yes! Sleep Mode! I forgot about that one. 8-}
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1946162)
Posted by Emerje on March 14th, 2018 @ 4:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

The benefit of the 7-Eleven Magnus is that the original G1 figure doesn't come with a Prime style trailer so it can really look like anything and is pretty convincing for a robot in disguise. Plus the sticker on his shoulder is optional so the figure itself is purely UM (even if TT calls it Convoy).

Camo stripes and a BAPE logo aren't as easily overlooked.

Emerje
Re: New Listings for Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime Golden Version (1961324)
Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2018 @ 8:29am CDT
And to think some thought the Masterpiece line was slowing down. Well, not only did we get a slew of announcements recently, but in the same magazine which gave us our first look at the upcoming Mastepriece Beast Wars Megatron's beast mode, we also got two additional reveals.
We finally get our first full look at MP10-G, which is the gold version of the Masterpiece Optimus Prime mold. We see that it is indeed fully golden and not simply MP10 with gold highlights ala Year of the Horse Prime.
We also get our very first images of the upcoming third version of Masterpiece Optimus Prime, which many fans are referring to as MP Prime 3.0. We see part of his chest and shoulder along with a part of his upper leg. More on this will be seen at the Tokyo Toy Show. For now, take a look at the image below brought to us by Lee on Twitter.

Transformers products from AMAZON