New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel?

New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel?

Thursday, July 12th, 2007 10:36am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 22,885

Website Skewed and Reviewed has posted a very interesting interview with Mark Ryan, the stand-in voice actor during filming of the Transformers Movie as well as the voice of Bumblebee in the film. In the interview Ryan discusses his work on the film, and hints at extra work on the DVD as well as a possible prequel to set up the next Transformers movie.

Read the interview here.

GVK: Final question, have you heard anything about a sequel or been asked to be a part of future films?

MR: (Chuckles), funny you should say that so I will tell you what I can. I recently recorded more material for the DVD release of the film. It has to do with the Prequel that will set up the second film.

Credit(s): Skewed and Reviewed

Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216470)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:43am CDT
Hmm... This grain of salt is particularly heavy...
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216475)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:45am CDT
"Optimus, I'm in pursuit of a light pink Moped -- Shockwave has returned!"
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216489)
Posted by 80sgeek on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:51am CDT
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216500)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:57am CDT
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216512)
Posted by 80sgeek on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:03am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:I don't think that Speilberg was a fan of the cartoon... I think, if I understood his previous comments correctly, that he just liked to play with the toys. :-)

Well thats more then we can say for Bay. From everything I've read and seen he didn't really want to do this at all. He didn't care till Spielberg said he wanted him to do it. "Not doing a toy movie", not listening to the fans, killing off a fan favorite, when talking about post-production "I'm so sick of giant robots" and something along the lines of "I'll be glad when I'm done with this" (he didn't make it sound like a good thing).
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216542)
Posted by Nugget on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:18am CDT
80sgeek wrote:Sweet. Now what would make this DVD even BETTER is if they did a special edition for us TF geeks. One where they get the remaining G1 voice actors, yes Mr. Bay they are ligit actors, to re-dub their bot's lines on a special audio track. THEN he can see which version would have done better! Thats just my opinion. I dunno, maybe we should unite again and get a petition going for that since they already have everything else done and that won't stop any production now. Think Mr Spielberg would be up for it since he says he's such a fan of G1?

I like the idea of a special edition DVD titled "Special DVD Directors edition. See how Michael Bay made G1 fanboys his Biotch by tweaking all that is holy and still making a kick ass movie and raking in the cash."
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216549)
Posted by First-Aid on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:20am CDT
I don't know if anyone has noticed it (probably have), but when I caught the movie the third time I realized I knew Ratchet's voice. I couldn't figure our who it reminded me of until this morning (Thursday...2 days later). Ratchet sounded remarkably like the voice of Alpha Trion from the orginal series; it wasn't the same guy, but honestly you could have fooled me. Nice little touch.

I guarantee that there will be a Collector's Edition; I also suspect there will be a Blu-ray version as well as an extended cut. In the extended cut, I fully expect to see what a scene showing Prime crushing Barricade- a scene I suspect ended up on the cutting room floor in editing.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216591)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:36am CDT
Prequel hunh? Wounder what it'll be. A direct to DVD thing, An extra on the movie DVD, or something on the web.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216626)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:55am CDT
Hopefully some of that new stuff will help explain how Bumbles got his voice back at the end of the movie (something that would be a lot less of a problem had the writers come up with some kind of explanation themselves.)
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216664)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:14pm CDT
Ooooh...this sounds fun. I hope they do this kind of stuff with all the voice actors. Deleted scenes put in their right place for the win.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216678)
Posted by Robinson on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:19pm CDT
The prequal thing will probably be kind of like what they did on the fast & furious extended dvd, a five minute long piece that sets up any new location or characters.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216695)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:26pm CDT
The Prequal sounds like an okay idea. Still we have the prequal comics, I would rather have Mainframe animate the preqaul the same way they animtated the Spider-Man TV series.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216706)
Posted by Starscream747 on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:33pm CDT
This dvd is going to rule. The movie was fantastic and i was very happy with how everything turned out. And some people need to get off this kick they are on about not having the original voice actors. Peter Cullen was the only one whos voice was good for the live film. All the new voice actors did a great job.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216711)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:38pm CDT

speaking or replacing voices for the dvd.....i think it would be cool if they got welker to do megatron, have it be an alternate audio track or something.....cuz playing the game now, i think his older megs voice fits well with the new look.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216759)
Posted by starhorse on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:59pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:I guarantee that there will be a Collector's Edition; I also suspect there will be a Blu-ray version as well as an extended cut.

As I understand it, Paramount supports both HD-DVD and Blue-Ray non exclusively, meaning that Transformers should see release in both of the high def formats. Personally I own an HDdvd player, so I would gladly welcome the film in high def.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216781)
Posted by 80sgeek on July 12th, 2007 @ 1:09pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:well we do see ratchet aiming some sorta laser at bumblebee's throat in their intro scene...i figured that was an attempt at fixing him......so i just figured he did it again offscreen and it finally worked...or maybe there's even a deleted scene..lol

First off, yes, the writers did explain in a Q&A that the laser Ratchet used on BB did fix his voice box a bit, it just took time. And second, thats exactly what I posted earlier about getting a special track on the DVD with the original actors. Welker fits even with the new Megs, I have no idea why Bay didn't use him!

There are those of you out there that say some of us are on a "kick" about the original actors. I'm not throwing a hissy fit, stomping my feet on the ground, or burning my Megs in effigy. I held all opinions about the movie until I actually went to the theater and saw it. I loved it, saw it 4 times and seeing it again tonight. I, along with many of my friends, none of us are "hardcore G1, use-em or kill Bay" fans, think it would be cool if they did do a special audio track with as many of the original actors as they could. If it wasn't for those actors and us fans who started off with G1 and gew attached to the characters, this movie would have never been made. So what better way to say thanks then to at least let the original actors show these new fans what it was all about.

And for the record, EVERY ONE I know who saw it said if it wasn't for Cullen being Prime, that this movie wouldn't have had the credibility it does. He is the anchor of this movie. He is the only person who knows who the real Prime is and what that bad-ass big-rig is about. THATS why many of us wanted Welker as Megs. Those two where the ones who breathed life into this series. If you have any question about how much the original series is loved just go to Japan and talk to Tesshō Genda. They know how big this is, thats why they got Convoy his voice back!
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (216884)
Posted by bumblezzz on July 12th, 2007 @ 1:58pm CDT
I hope longarm appears!
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (217085)
Posted by RatchetMD on July 12th, 2007 @ 3:22pm CDT
It is great to hear that they are putting some work into the DVD. This prequel talk is very interesting. :-?
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (217125)
Posted by 80sgeek on July 12th, 2007 @ 3:49pm CDT
This is the only movie I've heard of that's had talks about the DVD when it just came out in theaters. Is this a first or does anyone else know of any movie that has happened with? I just think it's odd that no one has mentioned that yet.
Re: New Mark Ryan Interview: Extra DVD Material and Possible TF2 Prequel? (217150)
Posted by Klozminded-G1 on July 12th, 2007 @ 4:02pm CDT
I'M SICK of prequels. The most ANNOYING fad in Hollywood.

NO PREQUELS DAMNIT.

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY