New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys

Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 2:46pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 48,087

Via Seibertronian Survivefan23 We now have new images of Mcdonalds' upcoming Happy Meal toys featuring Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Steeljaw and Thunderhoof. There are 8 toys in total with each transformer having a robot mode and vehicle mode toy. The toys appear to have launching projectile gimmicks. These new toys interest you? Sound off in the comment section below and tell us what you think of these new Happy Meals transformers.

Transformers News: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys

Credit(s): McDonalds

Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757685)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2016 @ 2:56pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

That optimus vehicle toy sucks so damn hard! They mold in the fact that its just his legs in the back on a non trasforming toy :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757686)
Posted by Survivefan23 on January 20th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CST
I'll tell you one thing now, I'm after Thunderhoof. He's my favorite.

I have no clue why they shrunk Prime's truck mode.
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757687)
Posted by Seibertron on January 20th, 2016 @ 3:03pm CST
I miss the good ol' days where Happy Meal Transformers actually transformed!
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757700)
Posted by Burn on January 20th, 2016 @ 3:41pm CST
Survivefan23 wrote:I have no clue why they shrunk Prime's truck mode.

Probably the size limitations of the bag.
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757705)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2016 @ 4:03pm CST
Burn wrote:
Survivefan23 wrote:I have no clue why they shrunk Prime's truck mode.

Probably the size limitations of the bag.

Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757720)
Posted by o.supreme on January 20th, 2016 @ 4:48pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I miss the good ol' days where Happy Meal Transformers actually transformed!

Amen to that! I disliked most things about TFA, but by golly, their Happy meal toys at least Transformed! Again, my son will probably get a couple of these on a whim, and I have to relive my own childhood pain of Action Masters all over again. ;)
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757735)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 20th, 2016 @ 5:30pm CST

I did love them. Armada, Animated. I have a few of each and they were fun. :BOT:
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757751)
Posted by Agregor on January 20th, 2016 @ 6:11pm CST
I'm getting lots of LOLs from these comments. They're damn happy meal kids for toys, leave them be...
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757796)
Posted by Zeedust on January 20th, 2016 @ 9:36pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Remember the Beast Machines ones? Some of those matched the show better than the stuff that was actually on shelves.

The Animated ones were pretty decent figures for what they were, and the silly little gimmicks in the Armada ones could be fun (Demolishor's arm in particular).

...The Cybertron toys from Burger King are harder to say nice things about.
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757798)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 20th, 2016 @ 9:44pm CST
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757811)
Posted by Lucky Logician on January 20th, 2016 @ 10:40pm CST
The robot modes look like they belong on an Attacktix.

ImageImage
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757813)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on January 20th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CST
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757831)
Posted by Zeedust on January 20th, 2016 @ 11:23pm CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:I'm not the only one who very clearly sees Slipstream's face in Prime's projectile, right? Are they supposed to be shooting out Mini-cons, and if so, why is it only his face? Unless Prime just has a thing for faces in this universe now too, that's bizarre.

You said Slipstream and I was looking for a female Starscream for a second.
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757926)
Posted by Microraptor on January 21st, 2016 @ 6:47am CST
Lucky Logician wrote:The robot modes look like they belong on an Attacktix.

ImageImage

And just like that, I now need all of them. Curses!
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757984)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2016 @ 9:16am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I never got the Beast machines ones. didn't eat McD's then, nor was I into transformers then :BOT:

Thats ok, you could have also gotten some of them if you went to the Red Rooster restaurant chain in Australia, where they had a bunch of them in different colours:

Woah, I didnt catch that! Then agai, if one bot is into keeping people's faces, it's Prime.
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1757998)
Posted by o.supreme on January 21st, 2016 @ 9:38am CST
1987 Good times ;)

Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1758048)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 21st, 2016 @ 11:41am CST
o.supreme wrote:1987 Good times ;)

haha. I had the big mac and the fries! They were fun in their goofiness and not being based on any TF character you had a far better figure of already. :P

Come to think of it I've still got the Transformers Armada Starscream 'jumpstarter' somewhere. Wasn't into Armada at all but was given it by my then girlfriend so it has sentimental value. :)
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1758067)
Posted by ScottyP on January 21st, 2016 @ 1:13pm CST
Never forget the Armada Happy Meal COMBINERS yes this is a real mode for these toys this is a thing that happened.

Original image source: http://www.tfu.info/2002/Autobot/McHotShot/hotshot.htm, this one is a mirror and not hotlinked.

Original image source: http://www.tfu.info/2002/Decepticon/McStarscream/starscream.htm, this one is a mirror and not hotlinked.

The vehicle combiner is actually a pretty cool idea! The Autobot one, well, they tried? Technically a bit mistransformed in these pictures, but honestly, getting it to even stand is so hard I wouldn't be fussed to photograph them meticulously either :lol:
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1758077)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2016 @ 1:45pm CST
WTF armada....that's just funny :lol: :BOT:
Re: New McDonalds Happy Meal Robots in Disguise Toys (1758367)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 22nd, 2016 @ 9:45am CST
ScottyP wrote:N

Ain't like Hasbro have never mistransformed the proper TF figures for stock and packaging photos anyways. :P

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY