New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon!

New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon!

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 10:27am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 61,986

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Herocomplex have posted an interview they held with Michael Bay, the interview is entitled "Michael Bay ready to make you forget ‘Transformers 2′: ‘It was kind of a mess’ [updated]", well the updated part is just there cos you know they updated the interview since it's been posted.

Just click here to get to the original posting on herocomplex!

Credit(s): Mach, herocomplex


This article was last modified on Saturday, January 15th, 2011 10:56am CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169500)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 15th, 2011 @ 10:48am CST
I like Michael By. He's a pretty cool guy and he doesn't afraid of anything...

Oh you meant Michael Bay. Never mind.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169506)
Posted by The Dude on January 15th, 2011 @ 11:05am CST
Now, even if MB is just telling us what we want to hear, TF3 can't possibly be any worse than TF2, and it takes a big man to admit that such a successful movie was that bad. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169507)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 15th, 2011 @ 11:07am CST
Vicalliose wrote:I like Michael By. He's a pretty cool guy and he doesn't afraid of anything...

Oh you meant Michael Bay. Never mind.

You could have pointed that out in a nicer way, especially considering that it was just in the title, and not in the post itself. But you had to be a dick about it, as if all of your posts are perfect.
Mr "I'm pretty sure that TFwiki has more information and is far more accurate than anything has can publish."
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169512)
Posted by Alex Jones on January 15th, 2011 @ 11:22am CST
Black Hawk Down eh?

I am guessing the Wreckers are gonna be like the BHD Rangers.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169515)
Posted by First-Aid on January 15th, 2011 @ 11:33am CST
SO...major plot point revealed there- going after the eyes. Interesting...homage to Unicron in the animated movie perhaps? Those seemed to be his major weakness as well(outside a glowing blue Autobot artifact). I wonder if that techno-glove we saw Shia wearing in some of the shots has something to do with that.

I have to admit that Bay was right about the plot from the last one. They were under a deadline and had to throw something together, but I never realized it was only three weeks. That being said, it does take a strong personality to admit he f---ed up his last work. Props for that. As for TF3...I HATE WAITING!!!!
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169518)
Posted by GEEWUN on January 15th, 2011 @ 11:35am CST
exploiting their one known weakness (their eyes).


...... I really don't know what to say here....

Shockwave has only one eye,and a lot of other decepticons have 6......

Does that make Shockwave the most invulnerable Decepticon?
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169542)
Posted by G1 Smoketreader on January 15th, 2011 @ 12:33pm CST
If there's one thing that never fails to impress me about Bay, it's the way he talks about the gear he uses in his job. He always gives me the impression that he has a real, deep love for the cameras and film he's chosen and forcing him to swapping it out would be like killing him. I'd even call it inspiring.

It sounds like the death toll will be merciless and that it will be edge-of-your-seat for people who have mental shields around favorite characters.

There's a post under the interview, however, stating that he uses the same sales pitch for each film he makes.....
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169548)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 15th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Vicalliose wrote:I like Michael By. He's a pretty cool guy and he doesn't afraid of anything...

Oh you meant Michael Bay. Never mind.

You could have pointed that out in a nicer way, especially considering that it was just in the title, and not in the post itself. But you had to be a dick about it, as if all of your posts are perfect.
Mr "I'm pretty sure that TFwiki has more information and is far more accurate than anything has can publish."

I think you'll find I'm not a very nice person in real life, especially when I'm woken up by my damn phone on a Saturday. For that, I apologize.

But since your taking a jab at me. I'd like to say that while I generally avoid pointing out peoples faults posted on another thread (I've been tempted, believe me), for worries of it being too personal and stirring up a ban hammer.

Back on subject.
First-Aid wrote:I have to admit that Bay was right about the plot from the last one. They were under a deadline and had to throw something together, but I never realized it was only three weeks.
I still don't believe him. Three weeks? C'mon this is a chronic liar we're talking about.
First-Aid wrote:That being said, it does take a strong personality to admit he f---ed up his last work.
Tactful I'll admit. Considering some of even his most blind worshiping fans have been turning, admitting he f***ed up may be the only way to keep his movie from coming up short.

Also Michael Bay once again shows us how none of his trailers ever look any different.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169550)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 15th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
GEEWUN wrote:
exploiting their one known weakness (their eyes).


...... I really don't know what to say here....

Shockwave has only one eye,and a lot of other decepticons have 6......

Does that make Shockwave the most invulnerable Decepticon?


I've re-read that part of the article several times and the only way that it makes any sense is if you chalk it up to a wording/punctuation error. It's the Transformers that take advantage of humans by fooling their sight. The whole "Robots in disguise" bit. It's pointless trying to fool a Transformers sight because of all the sensor input that makes up a bots ability to "see". In all reality (and I use that word lightly) losing the use of their "eyes" would only slow them down slightly.
Now watch as Bay goes and totally shoots this explanation full of holes by ignoring all expanded TF universe info and actually making the bots capable of being easily blinded by some half-ass, human constructed device.
I'm also hoping that Bay isn't going to make the rest of us go blind by having shot the whole movie in 3D, effectively taking the 2D option out of the movie-goers hand. I know this isn't the norm for the movies that have been released recently, and obviously the trailer was presented 2D but I just have this nagging feeling that Bay would do something ill conceived like that and genuinely believe it was a good decision. If that's the case, I'll flat refuse to go see it.

Aside from all that stuff though, I took the interview as lightly as possible both in terms of MB's responses and the interviewers presentation of it all. The media, most times, seems to take great pleasure in stepping on Bay and his work and likewise MB seems to have a marked absence of humility which helps fuel his dislike of the critics. Just going to have to wait till July 1st to pass final judgement on it all.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169556)
Posted by Alex Jones on January 15th, 2011 @ 1:07pm CST
I think some of y'all are reading the whole weakness in the eye too literally. It just means, to me, that a transformer will manifest from things we most likely won't know of. So think of the movie Black Hawk Down where the soliders are going through the city and all of a sudden some solider comes out of nowhere and fire an RPG. Same idea with Transformers, the heroes goes through the city and some huge semi transforms into a weapon and wreaks havoc.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169570)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 15th, 2011 @ 1:30pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:But you had to be a dick about it,


Totally inappropriate and not necessary. I will deal with you about this accordingly.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169675)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 15th, 2011 @ 5:41pm CST
Quote: [For the record: An earlier version of this post incorrectly listed Ramon Rodriguez as a cast member.]

I like the way it suggests Leo won't be in the film! :O
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169687)
Posted by GEEWUN on January 15th, 2011 @ 6:02pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:
GEEWUN wrote:
exploiting their one known weakness (their eyes).


...... I really don't know what to say here....

Shockwave has only one eye,and a lot of other decepticons have 6......

Does that make Shockwave the most invulnerable Decepticon?


I've re-read that part of the article several times and the only way that it makes any sense is if you chalk it up to a wording/punctuation error. It's the Transformers that take advantage of humans by fooling their sight. The whole "Robots in disguise" bit. It's pointless trying to fool a Transformers sight because of all the sensor input that makes up a bots ability to "see". In all reality (and I use that word lightly) losing the use of their "eyes" would only slow them down slightly.
Now watch as Bay goes and totally shoots this explanation full of holes by ignoring all expanded TF universe info and actually making the bots capable of being easily blinded by some half-ass, human constructed device.

I'm also hoping that Bay isn't going to make the rest of us go blind by having shot the whole movie in 3D, effectively taking the 2D option out of the movie-goers hand. I know this isn't the norm for the movies that have been released recently, and obviously the trailer was presented 2D but I just have this nagging feeling that Bay would do something ill conceived like that and genuinely believe it was a good decision. If that's the case, I'll flat refuse to go see it.

Aside from all that stuff though, I took the interview as lightly as possible both in terms of MB's responses and the interviewers presentation of it all. The media, most times, seems to take great pleasure in stepping on Bay and his work and likewise MB seems to have a marked absence of humility which helps fuel his dislike of the critics. Just going to have to wait till July 1st to pass final judgement on it all.



So you mean hiding in plain sight, rather than in that dumb Skyline movie where if you look up you die.... That makes sense
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169698)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 15th, 2011 @ 6:24pm CST
All I have to say that isn't already known about my opinion on this movie is that I will most likely go see it in theatres regardless. JUST so that I see it sooner rather than later, and can discuss it with others. I HATE 3D movies, they really force your eyes to pay attention to only certain parts of the foreground, and not the background.
Yea, btw, its pretty easy to admit to somthing sucking if time has passed, and you have reasons to why it sucked (i.e. production issues). So, just saying, don't go getting all "Awww, good job, man, waita be humble". He's still a human like any of us, working to take advantage of his hand in life.
Finally, I won't get pissed if they kill off TF characters, I would prefer it if they had more Characters that are not just generic TFs, even if they die. I'm all down for a new spin on the TF universe, as long as good story is present.
Oh, and the part about dipping between skyscrapers, I think, refers to humans, and not wreckers... but who knows for sure.
:CON:
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169774)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 15th, 2011 @ 10:02pm CST
GEEWUN wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:
GEEWUN wrote:
exploiting their one known weakness (their eyes).


...... I really don't know what to say here....

Shockwave has only one eye,and a lot of other decepticons have 6......

Does that make Shockwave the most invulnerable Decepticon?


I've re-read that part of the article several times and the only way that it makes any sense is if you chalk it up to a wording/punctuation error. It's the Transformers that take advantage of humans by fooling their sight. The whole "Robots in disguise" bit. It's pointless trying to fool a Transformers sight because of all the sensor input that makes up a bots ability to "see". In all reality (and I use that word lightly) losing the use of their "eyes" would only slow them down slightly.
Now watch as Bay goes and totally shoots this explanation full of holes by ignoring all expanded TF universe info and actually making the bots capable of being easily blinded by some half-ass, human constructed device.

I'm also hoping that Bay isn't going to make the rest of us go blind by having shot the whole movie in 3D, effectively taking the 2D option out of the movie-goers hand. I know this isn't the norm for the movies that have been released recently, and obviously the trailer was presented 2D but I just have this nagging feeling that Bay would do something ill conceived like that and genuinely believe it was a good decision. If that's the case, I'll flat refuse to go see it.

Aside from all that stuff though, I took the interview as lightly as possible both in terms of MB's responses and the interviewers presentation of it all. The media, most times, seems to take great pleasure in stepping on Bay and his work and likewise MB seems to have a marked absence of humility which helps fuel his dislike of the critics. Just going to have to wait till July 1st to pass final judgement on it all.



So you mean hiding in plain sight, rather than in that dumb Skyline movie where if you look up you die.... That makes sense


That's pretty much how I interpreted it but that's just my take on it. Seemed reasonable anyways. If I'm wrong then it wouldn't be the first time and I can guarantee it won't be the last. :P
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169852)
Posted by Didicos on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:52am CST
Though he has no expectation that he will make a fourth “Transformers” film


This means that there will be no TF4 in general or that TF4 won't be directed by M.Bay?
:???:
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169868)
Posted by Windsweeper on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:45am CST
Did I read correctly that they said the guy playing that prat Leo is not in the cast now? If so, that in itself will make up for ROTF.

He was the worst, most annoying character in it. He's up there with Energon Ironhide and Headmasters Daniel as being one of the most annoying characters ever.

I really do want to beieve Bay though. I do love the first film and even ROTF has grown on me to some extent. I really hope this one will be better though I'd be happier without the Einstein bot which looks terrible.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1169900)
Posted by First-Aid on January 16th, 2011 @ 10:56am CST
Didicos wrote:
Though he has no expectation that he will make a fourth “Transformers” film


This means that there will be no TF4 in general or that TF4 won't be directed by M.Bay?
:???:


If TF3 is as successful as ROTF, then there is no way that they will stop at three movies. Bay may be done, Shia may be done, but the franchise will continue. An obvious option there is to move to new characters and a new location with other prominent members of the TF franchise.
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1170139)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 16th, 2011 @ 8:10pm CST
I sure hope it's going to make me forget about the 2nd movie. In my opinion, it was too racist, wise-cracking, and the desert scenes always made me have to go to the bathroom. :oops:

So, yeah, BRING IN DA WRECKERS!!!!!!!!!! :ic$:
Re: New Michael Bay interview on Transformers Dark of the Moon! (1170141)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 16th, 2011 @ 8:16pm CST
Gyrotron wrote:I sure hope it's going to make me forget about the 2nd movie. In my opinion, it was too racist, wise-cracking, and the desert scenes always made me have to go to the bathroom. :oops:

So, yeah, BRING IN DA WRECKERS!!!!!!!!!! :ic$:


Racist? When was there anything racist in that movie?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Hoist the Tow Bot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Hook and Ladder Heatwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Generations War for Cybertron REFRAKTOR. Mild Box Wear" on EBAY