New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad

New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 7:21pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 26,619

It looks like the Chevy and Transformers Movie campaign is start to go full throttle as we get closer to the release of the Transformers Movie. DeceptiKreep of TFW2005 has posted a picture from the SF Weekly for May 23rd - 29th. The ad features Bumblebee and says:

"When you traverl 30 trillion light-years to Earth , you're not going to pick just any car."

and

"Chevy: Our mission: Stop the Decepticon invasion. Build your Chevy Autobotand help protect the world. Only @ Chevy.com/autobot."

View the ad by clicking here.

Credit(s): DeceptiKreep of TFW2005

Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137613)
Posted by Anonymous on May 26th, 2007 @ 7:30pm CDT
30 trillion light years is bigger than the calculated size of the universe. Silly marketing advisers.
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137643)
Posted by King Grimrob on May 26th, 2007 @ 7:41pm CDT
Easily convinced car fans won't know the difference between three trillion light years and the fuel economy of their clunkers. Nice ad though. goes without saying that TF's achieving the "cars are the stars" campaign they had set.
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137673)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 26th, 2007 @ 7:51pm CDT
Before I watch this I just wanna say, I work in auto advertising and am constantly in and out of GM dealerships all day.

Know what kinda cross-promotion loot I found on the job?

Not a Dam Thing!

Come on GM, stop sucking even more.

>kinda weird though, I make my money off GM and other manufactures, then spend it all on Hasbro product...

.... I owe my spark to the company stoooorrre....<
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137839)
Posted by Autobotspitfire on May 26th, 2007 @ 9:35pm CDT
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137877)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 26th, 2007 @ 10:07pm CDT
Autobotspitfire wrote:really exited about this movie. only thing is i hate chevy anything, ford tough all the way and there are mosty chevy owned cars and trucks in this movie, thanks to a tie-in deal. oh well there is also one kick-a mustang police car that should make up for the chevy stuff.

I feel the same way. How is it possible that all the bots are Chevys? They didnt all land on the same car lot. I still think Ironhide should've been a Ford or maybe a Dodge not a GMC pickup.When people think "pickup" what brand will they think of first? Ford or Dodge not GMC.How much you want to bet that Bay loves chevys.
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137906)
Posted by Dangerboy on May 26th, 2007 @ 10:35pm CDT
"How much you want to bet that Bay loves chevy"

I thought it was because he deals with the Chevy company to provide vehicles to all his movies, could have sworn I read that somewhere.
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (137913)
Posted by Anonymous on May 26th, 2007 @ 10:39pm CDT
Dangerboy wrote:"How much you want to bet that Bay loves chevy"

That's GM you're thinking of. Chevy Mustang lol.
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (138017)
Posted by on May 27th, 2007 @ 1:08am CDT
Screw the Transformers movie. I like it just because I like Cameros and I want one!

For perspective, I took my drivers test in a Camero Z28 when I was 16. ;)
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (138148)
Posted by King Grimrob on May 27th, 2007 @ 8:33am CDT
Ye know. looking at this image, it really does do Bumblebee justice compared to the same shot minus his wings and excess bulk.
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (138656)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 27th, 2007 @ 9:34pm CDT
I saw a poster and saw a pre-trailer promo for this on screen when I went to go see Shrek 3 yesterday. Pretty interesting stuff!
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (143406)
Posted by flashmech on May 31st, 2007 @ 2:25pm CDT
There could be a new version of an old Chevy commercial. "See the U.S.A. in your Bumblebee."
Re: New Movie Bumblebee Chevy Ad (163761)
Posted by thecarnivore on June 14th, 2007 @ 1:04am CDT
well you must not know much about GMC pickups they have a heck of a lot more towing capacity than dodge or ford and GMC has a lot better mileage too!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers lot of 3  - Generations Select - Deluxe - Ricochet - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Heatwave The Firebot With Axe Hand Bots Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Ricochet with Nightstick MISB Commemorative Series IX 9 Transformers Stepper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY