New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack

Transformers News: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack

Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 10:04pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,459

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to our friends at Hasbro we have new batch official product images to share!

First up, the highly anticipated Hasbro release of Masterpiece Soundwave with Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw. Below we have images of the packaging and the set in both modes.

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Next we have a trio of images from the Transformers Generations line. We get a nice look at the packaging for both Titan Class Metroplex and Deluxe Class Trailcutter, plus the previously seen official image of Scamper from the Metroplex set.

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Lastly we see a previously unknown set from the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters line, a two-pack featuring Voyager Class Optimus Prive and Predaking.

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 11:35am CDT


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494526)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:10pm CDT
Finally. Now we can talk about this pics on this site.

Soundwave's labeled "MP-02". Interesting.

Metroplex, Scamper, and Trailcutter all still look good.

The 2-pack seems pointless, with Prime's colors being darker and Predaking's heads being all gray.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494528)
Posted by spartanH85 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:19pm CDT
Is it just me or does Bigbot have a new face sculpt? I see some parts swaps happening too!
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494529)
Posted by Henry921 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:27pm CDT
Looks like Soundwave keeps the Megatron pistol but loses the energon cube and the 'grid' chestplate.

I am totally fine with all of this. Definitely gonna buy him.


The 2 pack would be so much better if they'd just left Predaking's face alone. Optimus' darker colors work pretty well, but Predaking's face looks like it was bleached or just left unpainted.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494530)
Posted by General Hawk 7 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:34pm CDT
Do we have an ETA for Soundwave yet? I dont want to miss out on him.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494534)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:41pm CDT
I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494535)
Posted by KNM2012 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Soundwave's labeled "MP-02". Interesting.


I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I like the packaging, but it has me wonder why they started now with their own "MP" labeling, and why he is #2. I guess in the end, Acid Storm will become #1. :-?
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494537)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:56pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.
Hasbro didn't make one because Takara didn't make one.

And Takara didn't make one likely because he wasn't a 1984 toy, which seems to be what Takara's MPs are trying to cover first and foremost these days.

As for his prominence in the comics, Takara goes by the cartoons since the American (or UK, in Marvel's case) comics had little-to-no mainstream relevance in Japan back in the day.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Soundwave's labeled "MP-02". Interesting.


I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I like the packaging, but it has me wonder why they started now with their own "MP" labeling, and why he is #2. I guess in the end, Acid Storm will become #1. :-?
Unless Optimus is supposed to be #1, retroactively.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494539)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.
Hasbro didn't make one because Takara didn't make one.

And Takara didn't make one likely because he wasn't a 1984 toy, which seems to be what Takara's MPs are trying to cover first and foremost these days.

As for his prominence in the comics, Takara goes by the cartoons since the American (or UK, in Marvel's case) comics had little-to-no mainstream relevance in Japan back in the day.


Be as that may (and it does sound very likely), Red Alert is from 1985 but has a MP figure out, and Smokescreen is also from 1985. Tigertrack didn't exist until 2003! I guess if you don't count retools/repaints then what you said makes sense. Still, I do hope he (Ratbat) will come along at some point.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494541)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:30pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.
Hasbro didn't make one because Takara didn't make one.

And Takara didn't make one likely because he wasn't a 1984 toy, which seems to be what Takara's MPs are trying to cover first and foremost these days.

As for his prominence in the comics, Takara goes by the cartoons since the American (or UK, in Marvel's case) comics had little-to-no mainstream relevance in Japan back in the day.


Be as that may (and it does sound very likely), Red Alert is from 1985 but has a MP figure out, and Smokescreen is also from 1985. Tigertrack didn't exist until 2003! I guess if you don't count retools/repaints then what you said makes sense. Still, I do hope he (Ratbat) will come along at some point.
Yeah, true, I meant they're making the molds of the 1984 characters first, but also making the most out of them with redecos and remolds of them. ;)
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494543)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:32pm CDT
Who is the blue red and white guy beside Metroplex's head? The one who's not Optimus
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494544)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:34pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Who is the blue red and white guy beside Metroplex's head? The one who's not Optimus
Probably a miscolored/lighting affected Trailcutter.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494546)
Posted by slugx333 on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:02am CDT
What are the release dates on these?
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494547)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:03am CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Who is the blue red and white guy beside Metroplex's head? The one who's not Optimus


As Sabrdlade pointed out, it's Trailbreaker.
The other one over buy BB, though, is actually Orion Pax.
Cuz I just noticed we've got the 4 Spotlight Autobot deluxes on there.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494548)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:09am CDT
Glad to see Hasbro giving masterpiece packaging to these masterpiece figures.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494551)
Posted by Megazarak on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:11am CDT
Soundwave is MP-02, huh? I kind of doubt Acid Storm would be MP-01... maybe another run of Masterpiece Optimus as MP-01 (perhaps without the trailer?)?
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494560)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:44am CDT
Loving Soundwave's packaging! ..But we still don't know which retailer he will be exclusive to. :BANG_HEAD:

The new Deluxe packaging is looking nice as well. :grin:

Bloody hell, Hasbro is really trying to shove Predaking dow our throats. I see so many of him, I've begun to actually miss some of the shelfwarming RiD figures. I'll accept Optimus, but there's absolutely nothing on the universe that will make me get that Predaking. [-(

...except bribery. That might persuade me.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494562)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:49am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Loving Soundwave's packaging! ..But we still don't know which retailer he will be exclusive to. :BANG_HEAD:
Yes we do. It's Toys "R" Us.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494563)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:55am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Loving Soundwave's packaging! ..But we still don't know which retailer he will be exclusive to. :BANG_HEAD:
Yes we do. It's Toys "R" Us.


....Well, guess I won't be seeing that MP then. :-(

Hopefull they will actually do better with the distribution. Hopefully. >:oP
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494566)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 12th, 2013 @ 1:32am CDT
What's with the Chinese on MP Wave?

Oh look, the Generation deluxes comes with an added comic book. I wonder if it would be the full-length unabridged issue, or like a 4-page excerpt.
It's probably an excuse to bump the price up to $24.99 per deluxe... Cause you know, Comic book. 8-}

Cool idea though, I always wanted physical issues of the IDW stuff.
Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave with Cassettes, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter Packaging, Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime vs. Predaking 2-Pack (1494570)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:24am CDT
why the hell is soundwave an exclusive but metroplex isnt? What the hell kind of crap is that? And why TRU, hasnt hasbro learned no one likes TRU anymore? Great so now if i want soundwave im going to have to fight scalpers & pay top dollar cause TRU has to charge ridiculous prices. Just more proof that hasbro doesnt have a clue. And why do i have the feeling those deluxes are going to cost over $20

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
Twincast / Podcast #241:
"Toy Fair 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime : Ratchet Deluxe / Protectobot First Aid (RID) Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Deluxe Autobot SERGEANT KUP MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Deluxe Autobot HOT SHOT MOC NEW Series 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Star Seeker THUNDERTRON MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME RID DECEPTICON RUMBLE TUNER CAR W/ DVD NEW SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots (SERVO) Action Figure In Hand VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard New" on EBAY