New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures

New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures

Friday, March 18th, 2011 11:10am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 83,332

The official website for Takara Tomy has updated with some images of the first round of Dark of the Moon Autobots. We get to see:

DAO-2 Sentinel Prime

DAO-3 Optimus Prime Mechtech Trailer

DAO-4 Ironhide

DAO-5 Bumblebee & Mechtech Holder

DAO-6 Ratchet

We also get to see a sneak preview of the Dual Model Kit that can become both Optimus and Bumblebee.

The Takara Tomy page can be seen here. The Mechtech figures are due to be released in May and the Dual Model Kit in June.

For more transformers news stick with Seibertron.com

Credit(s): Mach, takaratomy.co.jp

Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196612)
Posted by rpetras on March 18th, 2011 @ 11:21am CDT
I'm really liking Voyager Op with the Trailer.

He looks the same as the new US voyager, but some of the panels seem different.

I doubt I'll pay import prices, but if he gets a US release I'll likely get him.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196626)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196627)
Posted by TFGnome on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:15pm CDT
On Prime the red flames on the blue panel above the front wheel fender, are...backwards ? (in vehicle mode)
:-B

and no dragonfly-backpack mode? I like that!
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196628)
Posted by OlivusPrime on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:16pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:so an ordinary trailer with a load of mechtech ports as opposed to a pair of trailor pants with anime wings eh? interestink

I don't know. While this one looks good as a Combat Deck, the Supreme Optimus is bigger and more accurate, and I think the trailer he comes with turns into a Combat Deck anyway (albeit more interesting with electronics etc.).

For me the size Voyager Optimus just doesn't justify buying him.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196631)
Posted by TFGnome on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:29pm CDT
definitely different trailer
and diffident prime mold too

Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196682)
Posted by Road-hole on March 18th, 2011 @ 2:47pm CDT
TFGnome wrote:definitely different trailer
and diffident prime mold too

No it's the same voyager mold. That mold you're comparing the Japanese one to is the Ultimate Optimus Prime mold.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196687)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 18th, 2011 @ 3:02pm CDT
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196703)
Posted by Diem on March 18th, 2011 @ 3:43pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:One nitpick: the designations go like this: DA-01, DA-02 etc. for Autobots, and DD-01, DD-02 for Decepticons. In short, the "O" is actually a zero ;)

Good catch Jelze.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196710)
Posted by frogbat on March 18th, 2011 @ 3:52pm CDT
must admit that the only dotm figure i'm interested in is sentinel but won't bother as i'd rather save for mp rodimus. I might buy that voyager optimus for my nephew's birthday though.

i'm enjoying rts universe classics whatever version of lugnut at the mo.. a very well executed toy that i bought on the sole reason that i liked the toy (many of the toys i buy are g1 related and i buy them for completeness sake.. such as the rather lack lustre grapple) - however no rotm figures have got me goin ooh i must have that. But i must admit the battle station playset toys seem interesting - they hark back to one of my favourite g1 toylines - the micromasters.

ah well keep thankin the powers that be that the movie's comin out.. between masterpieces and classics i've spent a small fortune!
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196770)
Posted by Captziltoid on March 18th, 2011 @ 6:34pm CDT
ok i thought leader class bb was freaking stupid looking but that bb is just atrocious. it looks like his ankle is broken. and im even giving them the benifit of the doubt that they may have just transformed him wrong and i still am going to gouge my eyes out with my masterpiece grimlocks sword after i post this msg.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196774)
Posted by Diem on March 18th, 2011 @ 6:47pm CDT
That Sentinel Prime looks pretty neat in all these airbrushed pictures. I wonder how he'll look in reality.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196776)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 18th, 2011 @ 6:55pm CDT
Great...so the dual model kit is the only screen-accurate DOTM OP we'll be getting?
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196801)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 18th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CDT
Ok I know most of us thought that the DOTM line was gonna suck and I bet some of you still think that, but remember back when we thought that the Cyberverse Topspin was the Deluxe, and when we actually saw the Deluxe most of us were sold on him? That's how I feel about all of the DOTM. And I have 3 reasons.

1. Mech Tech looks too cool. Imagine what it'll be like in the film. Oh wait, Bee's Mech Tech was seen in-game and on-screen already. #-o We can still imagine though.

2. Just look at Cyberverse Preview Prime. If they're going to make the Cyberverse line this good, and the same way with Deluxes, then you bet I'll be buying all of them foolz.

3. Toy feel. As we have seen with DOTM Ratchet and Sideswipe (as well as both Cyberverse Primes, Cyberverse Megatron, Voyager Megz and Prime, Shockwave, and so on), the reviewers said that the toys have a really good sturdy feel to it. My friends think Cyberverse Preview Primes' plastic is cheap. I don't agree, but what I do agree with is that Hasbro is getting TOO cheap with their retarded twisters.

Well, are you sold on the DOTM toys or do you think you're going to pick up just a few? Maybe none? Um...well you know what the flip to do. Leave reply belowwwwwwwwwwwww. Way below. Like to the bottomless pit below, wait, nevermind :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196814)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 18th, 2011 @ 8:40pm CDT
Yay! You're only about the fourth person I've met so far that likes this stuff! :D
I can agree completely with all you said here. I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!
Okay, I'll stop the cheesy humor. But I must say I think Cyberverse Optimus has exceptional quality. I'm surprised by all the paint apps and the sturdy plastic.
I'm also actually excited about MechTech. I really like that you can just swap weapons as you choose between all your figures. In addition, I'm liking the little gimmicks the weapons have. They do more than just look neat.
I probably will not collect a lot of Cyberverse, but they are definitely neat little guys IMO. I like that they're actually making playsets so you can give them a nice setting to battle on. I hope the Cyberverse weapons and add-ons are all swappable like the MechTechs though.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196818)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 18th, 2011 @ 8:45pm CDT
OptiMagnus10 wrote:And oddly, I don't really like Skyhammer yet I love the look of voyager Optimus. Strange, I know.

Not strange at all, I'm not a big fan of Skyhammer either, and I won't be collecting a lot of the cyberverse either, that is, when the Deluxes are out. Since Cyberverse is coming out early they might be picked up otherwise...

The whole line is a too epic. 8)
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196843)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 18th, 2011 @ 9:44pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:

The whole line is a too epic. 8)

Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196844)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 18th, 2011 @ 9:46pm CDT
OptiMagnus10 wrote:I know. The epicness is too much for my mind to process. Uh oh... :shock: :BOOM:

NoooO!!! OptiMagnus!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously there's too much of the epicness!!!!
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196845)
Posted by jaws on March 18th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CDT
Me too! I'll be buying 8-12 deluxes, 3 voyagers, and 1 leader all on May 16th. Aug 1st I'm setting my sights on The Ark and Ultimate Prime.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196846)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on March 18th, 2011 @ 10:04pm CDT
I've done a complete 180 on the cyberverse already. Prime is pretty cool. I took him to work today and sat him on the desk so I could fiddle with him when I had the chances. I will give other cyberverse figures a shot, since they are small and fairly inexpensive.

As far as the main line, I'm going to be very selective. There have only been 2 or so must haves for me. Which saddens me somewhat since I bought most of the in-movie characters of the last two movies. But so far, I'm thinking LC SP and Ultimate OP. He's not the greatest looking figure, but he's gigantic and I can't pass that up.
Re: New Official Images of Takara DOTM Figures (1196853)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 18th, 2011 @ 10:16pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:

NoooO!!! OptiMagnus!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously there's too much of the epicness!!!!

Dont wurree...mie brane mattur iz bakk inn ordurr. I gud now.

But yes! This is just so epic.
I've never been more excited about toys in my whole life. I must return to the Toy Fair 2011 galleries at once! =P~ I'm really wanting voyager Ironhide and deluxe Topspin.
On top of that, I must catch up on all the movie 1 and 2 stuff I don't have.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY