Transformers News: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online

Sunday, February 5th, 2017 2:58PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 38,105

Many thanks to the Seibertron community for letting us know that the Super Bowl spot for Transformers: The Last Knight has been officially released by Michael Bay and Paramount. Most of the additional footage not in the shorter version of this trailer is actually of scenes we have seen in previous trailers, so there isn't much new. The one new element is that Optimus Prime's name is heard after the "your world is dying" quote, which leads one to think that it is indeed a "Creator" talking. Then again, isn't Optimus Prime's world already dead? Or is his world Earth? Let us know what you think!

Michael Bay wrote:I’m not going to let you wait ’til super bowl. I have have diehard fans, some are very good at hacking.

Since someone found it and hacked it (does this person work for the Russians?), I’ve decided to release the extended ad before the games. So you guys are the first to see it.

Credit(s): Michael Bay
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857321)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on February 5th, 2017 @ 3:08pm CST
He posted the Youtube video on Twitter too.

Edit: Sorry, I only saw the Vimeo vid in the new post before posting this.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857325)
Posted by Bronzewolf on February 5th, 2017 @ 3:56pm CST
Transformers: The Last Knight news seems to be everywhere today, eh? Trailers everywhere, and now the reveal of the Transformers 5 mini dinobots! On the Last Knight twitter account, they advertised the reveal, before the Super Bowl, and the video is now available on their Facebook page!
Here's the full caption, and accompanying teaser image, and the Football-themed reveal video below that!

[quote]Ever wish football had more robots? Get ready, the Mini-Dinobot Pre-Bowl Player Profile is coming up on Facebook! #Transformers [/quote]

[quote]The Mini-Dinobot Pre-Bowl
Welcome to the first Transformers Mini-Dinobot Pre-Bowl Player Profile! Make sure and let us know which Mini-Dinobot you think should be MVP![/quote]
[facebook]1290464580988986[/facebook]
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857328)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 5th, 2017 @ 4:39pm CST
Aww..they're so cute ;) even the Seibertron staff just wanna hug them :-P
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857329)
Posted by Randomhero on February 5th, 2017 @ 4:41pm CST
Even if it was just a smal cameo I was not expecting to see the Ark!!! This looks so good I can't wait.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857337)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 5th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CST
That unknown yellow bot's got some damage in the extended trailer he didn't have before.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857343)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 5th, 2017 @ 7:01pm CST
Mini Dinobots video(full audio)
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857351)
Posted by Deadput on February 5th, 2017 @ 8:29pm CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:Mini Dinobots video

Why are you using an unofficial channel's video that doesn't even have the sound or the dude talking instead of official sources like the official instagram page?
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857365)
Posted by noctorro on February 6th, 2017 @ 12:23am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

Not that I'm not going to see it,

But you probably are going to have an opinion about it like you actually did see it ;)

The whole hero thing, pretty sure it's going to be wattered down. That's not why I"m going to see it about 3 times in theaters. It's because of the fights, designs and a little bit the story.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857371)
Posted by RAR on February 6th, 2017 @ 2:29am CST
Well I never expected them to be THAT SMALL !!!

Oh well I guess they are going to merchandise the living heck out of them then - if they are actually in the Movie.

Here is a question though if they are Transformers .... what do the Transform into - tiny Knights like something from the latest Kaman Rider show.
or do they combine into a single smallish humanoid robot (bit like Armada Perceptor).

Or do they combine into Cade's gun ? or do they each have an individual weapon mode.

As being Cybertronian Targetmasters used by 6" beings makes some sense.
they could be inspired by RID Tricerabot.

I agree though they are super adorable little things... though how they are going to explain the Dinobots having mini-mes will be interesting - are they avatars of the larger Dinobots so they can interact and learn human ways and not wreck everything around them ?

They are to small to combine with the bigger ones in any meaningful way really (i.e. to small to be weapons or heads). They could be literal infants I guess so "Son Of Grimlock" and Co.

Also why only 3 of them ? I guess they decided to pick the closest analogues of the one most seen in the last movie.

And Scorn got ditched.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857373)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 6th, 2017 @ 3:52am CST
RAR wrote:Well I never expected them to be THAT SMALL !!!

As being Cybertronian Targetmasters used by 6" beings makes some sense.
they could be inspired by RID Tricerabot.

And Scorn got ditched.

Thanks ;)^ i'm glad at least someone appreciated it that doesn't bitch about the source of the material(of which i've changed btw....to the proper english audio version)

dunno if they have robot modes? probably hopefully....i guess we'll find out during the proper full trailer(if they are shown in it...that is)

aye Scorn did get ditched....at least in that Superbowl vid, hopefully he'll be there in the film...who knows?
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857374)
Posted by Kurona on February 6th, 2017 @ 4:00am CST
Well those are just absolutely adorable. I hope they make life-sized plushes of these; I can't imagining them not to be honest and it'd be such a wasted opportunity if they didn't. I prefer his G1 counterpart but I would so pick up [strike]Swoop[/strike] Strafe in an instant.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857376)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 6th, 2017 @ 4:15am CST
Btw if those do combine in the movie, they'll prob be no bigger than a child :-? i would imagine + we dunno if it's just the 3 or any more yet ;)
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857389)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on February 6th, 2017 @ 7:37am CST
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857427)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on February 6th, 2017 @ 10:35am CST
Ok, catching back up here.

I am willing to give that that unknown yellowish guy could be the WWI tank. I really thought he was a Hound stripped of his outer armor, but he looks more like that tank. And man, poor guy is beat up.

I love that they are tying together all the films, what with the Ark and such. Very nice.

Mini-Dinobots. That is all. :x :x :x :x :x
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857487)
Posted by Deadput on February 6th, 2017 @ 2:42pm CST
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I absolutely did not expect them to be that tiny. The fact that their names are the same names as the regular-sized Dinobots, I wonder if they would appear in flashbacks when the Dinobots were in their youthful states.

I don't think that's their actual names just either place holders or they have no names a all and are just what type of Dinobots their molded out after.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857489)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on February 6th, 2017 @ 2:49pm CST
Garboil wrote:Man, that clip with The Ark, it hit me hard the third film came out almost six years ago. :shock:

Whilst like everyone else, I am really excited to learn about the betrayal of Optimus Prime, I am still curious about the role of Megatron, will he also be under the influence of The Creators? :-?

Or will it be yet again another "Megatron has returned... Anddddd' he's dead again, c'ya next revival." :CON:

I'm thinking it's going to be something along the lines of: Bots and cons ally in the face of human threat and of fear of the creators, Megatron eventually betrays autobots, knocking cons out of the fight and leaving the bots to face Prime and the Creators alone
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857490)
Posted by Va'al on February 6th, 2017 @ 2:51pm CST
Here at Seibertron.com we're known for our in-depth galleries, so our latest update is the full works for Transformers: The Last Knight, now that Super Bowl weekend is over! Check out below a sample of the images you will find in the full gallery of screencaps from the latest trailer - also available below for your viewing pleasure - titled 'Maker'. The human cast, from Wahlberg to Hopkins to Haddock to Moner, and the robot cast, from Optimus Prime, his fight with Bumblebee, Grimlock, the submarine, the planet collision/Moon scraping; those and more in the gallery, found here (or by clicking on any of the images).

The movie will be out next June 18th, released by Paramount Pictures and potentially the last one by director Michael Bay. Join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857501)
Posted by o.supreme on February 6th, 2017 @ 3:36pm CST
Virus wrote:otherwise the introduction of Onslaught, would have made me think we would get to see Bruticus. :(

Funny enough, Some guy at one of the stores I was at a while ago was going on and on about how Bruticus was going to be in TLK. Usually when people talk like that...I remain silent, or contribute as little as possible so as not to keep the conversation going...but my son who was with me asked, and I cleared up for him that there is a Transformer referred to as "Onslaught", but there is no indication Bruticus will be in the film...

Was there any information to the contrary? Or was this someone pretty much taking name association and running with it?
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857504)
Posted by Kurona on February 6th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CST
o.supreme wrote:

Pretty much someone taking name association and running with it, like you said.

Admittedly there is a bit more merit to the idea than usual due to how combiner-crazy Transformers has been lately (obviously there's Combiner Wars; IDW kept on adding combiners; RiD's Combiner Force etc.), but there's no solid proof so far.
Re: Extended Super Bowl "Maker" Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight Now Online (1857506)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 6th, 2017 @ 3:48pm CST
We may still get a Bruticus toy(although so far no toy listing has stated one) but yeah....no Bruticus in the film ;)

btw Va'al.....NEXT june? don't you mean this coming June(YES! i know next could also indicate the June that approaches)

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Go! SAMURAI Team Microns JIN, ZAN, GAN - Amazon Japan Exclusives - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 51 minutes 48 seconds
KRE-O Transformers Robots In Disguise UnderBite JetPack TakeDown Kreon B0950 New - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 53 minutes 46 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX SCAMPER HASBRO FIGURE SA AQ4017 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 55 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Bumblebee Camaro New w Starscream - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 59 minutes 16 seconds
New Open Box Takara Tomy Transformers Go G19 Hunter Ratchet JAPAN IMPORT Rare - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 59 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers PRIME BEAST HUNTERS ARCEE MOC Mint COMP.  2014 - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 59 seconds
Transformers Armada Optimus Prime & Demolisher Mint Complete M433 - Time Remaining: 7 days 17 hours 1 minute 36 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Titanium Series - Hot Zone Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 1 minute 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem