New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron

New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron

Tuesday, March 16th, 2021 11:00pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 57,205

We knew someone had the toy so it was a matter of time before we got better images. And now we do. The photos below were posted on the Vector Sigma Facebook page. We see Galvatron in robot mode along with a close up showing that he will have battle damage deco. The robot mode is not transformed properly since the small shoulder pylons are not oriented correctly. We see that they can be positioned properly in a black and white phot that was also posted. Another black and white photo shows a photo of the cannon mode.

Galvatron comes with guns shaped like his Revenge ship. These are said to be in scale with Haslab Unicron, and are also said to combine into a bigger gun. We have an image comparing this Galvatron to the show model so let us know what you think. Galvatron should be out in midsummer, though as is typical with summer waves, he may be more plentiful closer to the back to school reset many stores have.

Transformers News: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Galvatron

Transformers News: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Galvatron

Transformers News: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Galvatron

Transformers News: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Galvatron

Transformers News: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Galvatron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098483)
Posted by william-james88 on March 16th, 2021 @ 11:08pm CDT
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098487)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 17th, 2021 @ 12:27am CDT
I’m definitely a fan. The Generations Galvatron of my dreams, and comes with a pair of miniature Revengees. But Titans Return Galvy wasn’t exactly a high bar to beat so as long as he doesn’t have a lame/hindering Headmaster gimmick, he’s the right size and the cannon can be placed on the side of the arm, I’m 100% sold.

*chucks Titans Return Galvatron out the nearest window and into the dumpster* KOBE!
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098488)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 17th, 2021 @ 12:31am CDT
I might get the rumored toy colors version, but Galvatron looks pretty good. I especially like the Nemesis guns
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098490)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 17th, 2021 @ 1:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Just wondering when people are gonna start complaining that they are paying $50 for a bot that's just a hair taller than Cyclonus.

I'm just wondering when people are gonna start complaining that they are paying $50 for a bot that's just a hair taller than Cyclonus and still has hollow forearms.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098491)
Posted by Chriphord on March 17th, 2021 @ 1:44am CDT
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098492)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 17th, 2021 @ 2:07am CDT
Chriphord wrote:I kind of feel like the scuffing and lack of painted goatee might point to a possible MP Galvatron soon. The combination of us getting our Mini-MPs as well as the major price hike the actual masterpieces have been getting lately have been pushing people to be transitioning to main line instead of MP (based on what I’ve read in the forums at least). I’m sure that the Hasboys know this to some extent and are trying to make sure that people still have reason to get the Masterpiece (if one is indeed in the works.)

If either company was trying to push for MPs, it'd be Takara because they're solely responsible for them, from design to release. Hasbro has just started to distribute them as well
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098494)
Posted by mikeb on March 17th, 2021 @ 3:35am CDT

I think you're on the money. I bet we see an MP Galvatron in a year or two. This one looks like a nice figure, but for folks who really want an '86 movie-accurate deco, there's enough room for improvement that I suspect there is an MP planned, a third redeco of this figure, or both.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098496)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 17th, 2021 @ 4:36am CDT

If Galvatron cannot magically shrink down to be able to ride inside Cyclonus's cockpit, I'll be really upset. [-(
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098498)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 17th, 2021 @ 4:51am CDT
A lot of things seem off about Galvatron but dunno what they are. It will be nice to see him transformed correctly. I was thinking a red belt buckle might help but it might accentuate his waist damage from wearing a corset for too long. Other colors might work better on him but he's not the definite purchase I thought he would be.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098499)
Posted by frogbat on March 17th, 2021 @ 5:27am CDT
Never like it when figures get a new iteration so soon after a recent one. Unfortunately (due to monies spent), this is a total upgrade on the TR version which besides the head issue, was pretty ok.

Will deffo pony up for this. Surprised re the gun - I liked his g1 rifle...

would be a fun Easter egg if he had electronics too :D
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098502)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 17th, 2021 @ 6:21am CDT
Lights and sounds is no longer a thing in the Generations and movie lines for some years now. I don't think they'll make a comeback any times soon.

For the little I've seen, this Galvatron look a bit goofy. But it's too early to really judge.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098505)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on March 17th, 2021 @ 6:34am CDT
You know, when I first saw this picture I thought his shoulder placement seemed kind of weird, and then I realized that that's how its always been and he just kinda looks like that. I don't know if I'll go in on this since I'm not really a big fan of Galvatron (making him crazy after the movie was a waste as far as I'm concerned)
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098509)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 17th, 2021 @ 6:54am CDT
Looks pretty good. The best Galvatron we've ever got! Which isn't saying much.

Parts of it are off, but it's no worse than how off other toys in the line are and better than most. Overall I like it!
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098514)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on March 17th, 2021 @ 7:55am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Please...

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS RIDICULOUS BATTLE DAMAGE.

Hasbro I'm upset enough to be typing in all caps.

Whoever thinks this stuff is a good idea needs a talking to.

Gotta agree with this 1000000%. Now some figures it looks ok on. But most times it just looks like someone spilled silver paint on the figure. This is really true on the original Siege Optimus and Megatron, who's grey plastic had a semi translucent surface which made the paint splatter even worse. I alcohol'd that crap right off.

Now I really liked the TR Gavly and Roddy, but they were definitely done an injustice. Why now then when they have the chance to correct the wrongs of the past would they choose to add another blemish.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098515)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on March 17th, 2021 @ 8:01am CDT
I hope he and Rodimus Prime scale well together !!!
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098518)
Posted by Notimus Crime on March 17th, 2021 @ 9:08am CDT
So I'm definitely going to be getting Galvatron. I really liked the TR figure outside of the cannon placement in robot mode and the whole head debacle (just to be clear I don't mind Galvatron or really anyone being a headmaster in it of itself but the Halloween mask approach just didn't work) but yeah this is a pretty obvious improvement. I don't mind the battle damage, and even though I don't have any use for the mini-revenges as ships they look pretty okay as guns I guess.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098519)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 17th, 2021 @ 9:14am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

Kingdom Galvatron is perhaps the best looking (in terms of G1 accuracy) and most in-scale version of the character we've had over the past 15 years, but it feels like it falls noticeably short of benchmark of screen accuracy set by other contemporary figures like Hot Rod, Scourge, and especially Cyclonus. The torso is overall a bit too bulky, some of the other proportions are a bit off, some paint apps are missing, and the color of purple used is still not really correct. As weird as it is to complain about this, Kingdom Galvatron is actually missing some alt-mode kibble in robot mode. The general shapes and details are all there, just a bit off in some cases. It would help if we could get a picture of the toy at the same angle and pose as the G1 character model above for a better comparison.

Maybe it's too hard to nail a "true to life" Galvatron based exactly on the G1 character model that still converts into the right alternate mode(s) at the Leader Class price point. There is always some mass shifting and selective resizing done in the cartoon, and I can appreciate when Hasbro eschews perfect on-screen shape or form to use the real parts of the alt mode when they can, like Siege Sideswipe's chest being a bit too broad because it's the vehicle's real hood. Maybe some of the design differences in Kingdom Galvatron are because it's got a third mode we don't know about yet? There's probably a good reason for the compromises made, and it'll feel better knowing why those had to be made, but for now, we're just left to wonder.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098521)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 17th, 2021 @ 9:31am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image
While not quite the same (based on the heavily use of shadow coloring), I'm glad to see this comparison pic use a cartoon model that's closer to the correctly-colored one:

Instead of the incorrectly-colored one that's been floating around the Internet for years, now (which seems to be from where this and many other Galvatron figures got their purple):

Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098524)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 17th, 2021 @ 10:20am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Please...

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS RIDICULOUS BATTLE DAMAGE.

Hasbro I'm upset enough to be typing in all caps.

Whoever thinks this stuff is a good idea needs a talking to.

I'm digging this figure so Far. I agree about the battle damage though. I'm not a fan, altoug te way they did it on the netflix variations looked pretty good.

Looks like he'll have his cannon mode, but I'd like to see the alt modes. I'm betting he wont have part that you fold down to make his gun mode though, or maybe he will and they'll call it a submarine mode. But yeah, I want to see the alt modes.

I like the Gun/Ship they made for him as well. That'll look pretty nice with the arc on Unicron, though it would be nice if one of them were the correct color.
Re: New Photos of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron (2098525)
Posted by Seibertron on March 17th, 2021 @ 10:34am CDT
I'll toss my hat into the anti-battle damage ring as well. It doesn't look great. I'd rather they spend those funds on better overall paint-aps or tampo details than making it look like these Transformers don't know how to clean themselves. I'm not a fan of the battle damage unless it's an appropriate battle damaged deco of an non-battle damaged toy.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY