New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks

New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks

Sunday, October 10th, 2010 5:26am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 46,876

Red Leader, member of fellow fansite TWF2005, has posted some new images there of Hasbro's upcoming deluxe-class, Generations Turbo Tracks figure. Along with the photos, he also gives a brief review of the figure, written comparisons to G1 and Alternators Tracks, and shares a bit of unfortunate news: no winged car mode! Apparently the way the wings are placed inhibits the wings from being flipped out in alt mode to give Turbo Tracks his trademark look. Other than that, he give the figure a 6 out of 10 and calls it "a worthy addition to your modern G1 collection". Turbo Tracks is part of the Series 1 release of the 2011 Generations line, expected to be released in November.

New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks

New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks

New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks

New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks

To view all the photos and read all the comments, click HERE.

Credit(s): Red Leader, TFW2005

This article was last modified on Monday, October 11th, 2010 1:13am CDT

Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133663)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 10th, 2010 @ 5:54am CDT
I know I'll get crucified for saying this but I'm really not bothered there's no winged car mode. I think they always look stupid. However, I admitt it would have been better to have the ability and not use it, than want it and not have it available. So I am sorry for those who wanted it.

Having seen those legs from the back, they should definately rotate for the Wheeljack figure. It'd look awesome. On the other hand that head is hideously undetailed. A full red face and full white helmet. Ugly. Certainly waiting for Takara's Tracks now.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133666)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on October 10th, 2010 @ 6:00am CDT
I could've sworn that Hasbro had said at BotCon that he will have his winged car mode, just like Jazz is supposed to have his speakers.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133667)
Posted by Torneira on October 10th, 2010 @ 6:08am CDT
Damn shame about his wings in carmode. I mean that is the guy's trademark afterall.
Especially if it's a homeage to G1, then it's a must for the fans.

I don't know about you guys but I just don't like they how they make the hands these days. I rather have 2 fists instead of open hands.

And the face all red is a tad too much. I can see some nice potential in this figure to make it a lot better.

I will get him, because he is missing in my classics line. He will be a nice addition.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133675)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 10th, 2010 @ 6:56am CDT
God he's so beautiful.... It shall boot Universe Prowl from my Top-10-Transformer-Shelf. :lol: Well, unless I get Wreck-Gar, or better, even Jazz or Perceptor... God, who am I kidding? Most of the upcoming figures are all tied for the same spot in the TTTS! Must mean Hasbro is doing too good for us! :lol:
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133682)
Posted by Rated X on October 10th, 2010 @ 8:10am CDT
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133706)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 10th, 2010 @ 9:30am CDT
Rated X wrote:The guy at Botcon on the Hasbro pannel said the car would have wings. Is it true he lied ???

You can definitely see how they fold around from the backs of the doors. I suspect he just didn't know any better.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133725)
Posted by Prowl1529 on October 10th, 2010 @ 10:15am CDT
Well as for the wings it would be good if he has a pair of those like the G1, as for the the paint job on his front i think reprolabels can handle that. The United one is super bought to me.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133730)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 10th, 2010 @ 10:27am CDT
A bit chunky for Tracks but nonetheless, an amazing figure.Excellent addition to my shelf.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133736)
Posted by ShardFenix on October 10th, 2010 @ 10:39am CDT
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133743)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 10th, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
ShardFenix wrote:this is pretty cool but really, Track, Wreck-Gar, Jazz, Perceptor....HELLO?!?! where are some decepticon figures, geez. What am i supposed to do arrange autbots fighting each other on my shelf?

In all fairness the Decepticons were pretty outnumbered back in '84 and '85 as well. I mean all they had were:

- Megatron
- Soundwave
- Shockwave
- Reflector
- 3 Insecticons (7 if you count the borrowed Deluxes)
- 6 Seekers
- 2 to 3 Triplechangers (Octane was 1986)
- 6 Constructicons
- 5 Stunticons
- 5 Combaticons

And look at the Autobot roster: way bigger.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133748)
Posted by Droptested Thrice on October 10th, 2010 @ 11:21am CDT

They're mostly dead. Didn't you watch the movie? -_-
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133754)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 10th, 2010 @ 11:41am CDT

Well, technically, when Wreck-Gar was first introduced, he thought of the Autobots as invaders, and vice-versa to the Autobots. Thus effectively making Wreck-Gar an enemy of the Autobots (for like 5 minutes), so you can, if you want, cross him out. Besides, you got Thunderwing coming up, but I don't think he was a part of the G1-verse. :lol:
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133766)
Posted by TeletranPrime on October 10th, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
well we all know whats gonna happen now. He's wing-less, so some third party company are gonna make the wings and then some, give them time to get their hands on the mold and will make the addition im sure. :x =P~ :BOT:
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133827)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on October 10th, 2010 @ 2:47pm CDT
I was having doubts, but with the revelation of no winged-car mode, I'm starting to wonder if the Wheeljack version of the mold really did come first, as some have speculated.

Still, the lack of a winged-car mode is no big deal to me. I still want that gorgeous thing.

(Incidentally, anyone else wondering if Jazz is going to have a speaker-car mode like they said he would? We've not seen any pictures of that, either.)
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133844)
Posted by HalfOfMe on October 10th, 2010 @ 3:18pm CDT
Without those wings, Tracks is just another car. They MIGHT have made up for it if he even slightly resembled a Corvette. But they didn't. He's now 100% generic.
Re: New Photos of Upcoming Generations Turbo Tracks (1133877)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on October 10th, 2010 @ 4:09pm CDT
Just guessing, but, could his doors possibly be opened out and rotated in vehicle mode to allow the wings to be extended? Although, I guess Red Leader would've found that...

Still, I reckon there's a chance.

Here's hoping!

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Wave 2 Acid Storm Toxic Terror RT T01" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 G1 STARSCREAM Evil Decepticon Original 100% complete" on EBAY