New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine

New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine

Friday, December 28th, 2018 7:29am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 29,036

Thanks to Seibertron stalwart Cyberpath we got some new shots of MP-44 Optimus Prime. Coming in the form of scans from Figure King magazine no. 251 via Loopaza Mega Store there are a lot of shots we've seen elsewhere, but there are a few notable ones. We've got some examples of Prime's articulation (thanks to another pose straight out of the movie), our first look at the Matrix inside Prime's chest, and the humans interacting with the trailer.

Transformers News: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine

Transformers News: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine

Transformers News: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine

Transformers News: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine

At this point if you're still on the fence I'm not sure what it'll take to convince you. Is there anything missing? Anything you wish they didn't include to bring down the price? Sound off below in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook

Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001350)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 28th, 2018 @ 7:37am CST
600$CAN plus taxes is completely absurd for a price. Bring it down to 300$CAN and I might consider it.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001351)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 28th, 2018 @ 8:06am CST
I still love that they say the damaged face plate is from that scene in the movie but it's not there in the animation :lol:

To those who are buying Prime, I salute you. He's too much for my budget though, despite how much I would like to transform him
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001355)
Posted by Amelie on December 28th, 2018 @ 8:30am CST
I know its cartoon accurate, but I really hate the grey roller. The worst part is I expect a blue one to be with the "toy" version of this release late, too. Ughhh....
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001358)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 28th, 2018 @ 8:38am CST
carytheone wrote:So who Nancy Kerrigan'd Spike's leg?

20181227_072310.jpg

“I used to be a figure skater. But then I took a crowbar to the knee.”
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001380)
Posted by DMSL on December 28th, 2018 @ 9:58am CST
I do not like the cab mode, it just looks way too plain. Also Roller should not be grey.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001389)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:46am CST
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001392)
Posted by william-james88 on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:55am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:I want this, but that price tag is disheartening. Hopefully it'll drop in price on a sale of something.

If you want it for cheaper, get it off amazon japan for 315$US shipped. It wont be cheaper later no matter how much BBTS might discount it from their 440$ price. 100$ off next black friday is still more expensive than getting it off amazon japan today.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001393)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:58am CST
william-james88 wrote:

That price is still way, way too much for me.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001395)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on December 28th, 2018 @ 11:13am CST

On an unrelated side note, I am willing to trade my complete CW Ultra Magnus for a Hasbro Masterpiece Bluestreak. I just want one MP figure, and I guess Bluestreak might be the closest value to what I can trade for. PM me if you're interested.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001398)
Posted by Randomhero on December 28th, 2018 @ 11:28am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Huh, guess I should have posted where I found these photos yesterday. Ah well. Anyway, I wish I could afford this, because it looks awesome.

Get a MP bumblebee. Most sites have him under $50 now and the G2 one is even cheaper and he’s worth it. I sold mine and regret it but I’m planning on getting the G2 one to stand next to my original G2 Bee I’ve miraculously lugged around for 26 years and stayed with me through 4 moves.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001400)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on December 28th, 2018 @ 11:46am CST
Randomhero wrote:

That is a good idea, I like it. The G2 version is pretty lovely. Unfortunately though, I am in a kind of position where I cannot spend money on one, so right now, I can only trade. Your suggestion us really good though, thanks for sharing ;)
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001403)
Posted by Randomhero on December 28th, 2018 @ 12:11pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Hope someone is willing to help ya. I don’t have any MPs. I got out of that game when I realized they were just collecting dust on a shelf. Best of luck to ya though!
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001405)
Posted by william-james88 on December 28th, 2018 @ 12:18pm CST
Nathaniel, for your best odds just write a post in our Buy Sell Trade forum.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001435)
Posted by ilikerobits on December 28th, 2018 @ 7:35pm CST
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001440)
Posted by william-james88 on December 28th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CST
ilikerobits wrote:You can post pic after pic after pic ... you can show me all the accessories ... you can do whatever you want - I STILL CAN'T AFFORD IT, and there is no amount of "convincing" or "asking me if I'm still on the fence about it" that is going to change the fact that it's out of my price range.

Same for me. But I dont actually like it enough anyway. That bare bones deco in alt mode (especially with the trailer) is a rather big turn off.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001455)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 29th, 2018 @ 12:34am CST
the cab isnt cartoon accurate enough
download.jpg
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001462)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 29th, 2018 @ 3:22am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:the cab isnt cartoon accurate enough
download.jpg

Well they need to keep something back to sell the version 4...
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2001480)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 29th, 2018 @ 9:09am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Appart the price, my main reason to skip on this is that I already have both MP-01 and MP-10. So that MP Optimus 3.0 is getting redundant. I may have triple-dipped if he was the same price as MP-10. But 600 freaking dollars? Oh HELL no. That money would go for a Dollfie Dream instead. Because at least, that's a thing I don't already have.
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2004398)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 13th, 2019 @ 9:27am CST
Well I just saw that In Demand toys are sold out of their MP-44 Prime pre-orders, at £320... Outrageous. I know it could be perceived as hypocritical of me to decry the price meanwhile paying £230 for MP Beast Wars Megatron. The main difference is there is no other BW Megatron figures in the line to choose from. Plus I know he is the biggest figure in BW Season One, so the ceiling in terms of price. But the Prime fetish has certainly reached its apex here.

Besides, how can MP-44 be the most cartoon accurate ever? He isn't Grey...
Re: New pics of MP-44 Optimus Prime from Figure King magazine (2004401)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 13th, 2019 @ 9:38am CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Besides, how can MP-44 be the most cartoon accurate ever? He isn't Grey...

Dunno about the grey but, but the real issue is the ginormous backpack. I find this unforgivable.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 74 BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Prowl Hasbro  2000 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY