New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy

New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy

Thursday, May 29th, 2008 2:43pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 16,615

TheMonarch of the TFW2005 Boards has come across an auction on eBay for the recently revealed Henkei Crystal Convoy figure. In the auction we get a good look at the figure from multiple angles and close up.

The auction ended in a Buy it Now purchase of $119.99USD, but to view the original auction, click here.

Credit(s): TheMonarch

Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710695)
Posted by rhinox555 on May 29th, 2008 @ 3:08pm CDT
Whoever transformed that needs glasses and an instruction manual. Both the arms and the front bumper are mistransformed.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710696)
Posted by Editor on May 29th, 2008 @ 3:09pm CDT
I thought the first images looked good, but Damn!!

That is one sweet looking figure.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710789)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:25pm CDT
*ahem* WAAAAAANT!!!!!!! *AHEM*
Yet, sadly, I'll likely be too poor to afford it.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710804)
Posted by Sledge on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:34pm CDT
So... er... I guess I'm the only person who doesn't like it?

Not trying to start a fight or say anyone's wrong, but I really can't see the appeal of it. Looks... cheap, somehow.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710806)
Posted by Tekka on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:35pm CDT
Sledge wrote:So... er... I guess I'm the only person who doesn't like it?

You're not alone. I don't much like these clear variants myself, but I don't want to rain on the parade of the people who do.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710813)
Posted by Sledge on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:39pm CDT
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710817)
Posted by Nekoman on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:40pm CDT
Tekka wrote:
Sledge wrote:So... er... I guess I'm the only person who doesn't like it?

Rain on my parade! If it’s your honest opinion feel free to post it!

I like this figure though, but I doubt I’ll be able to afford it so I’ll just imagine it doesn’t exists…
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710827)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:46pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:
Tekka wrote:
Sledge wrote:So... er... I guess I'm the only person who doesn't like it?

Rain on my parade! If it’s your honest opinion feel free to post it!

I wish I could do that, but he already sits in my head as a distinctly desired trinket...
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710847)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on May 29th, 2008 @ 4:59pm CDT
I MUST HAVE THAT!!! but does anyone know its selling price?
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710854)
Posted by waaaaghlord on May 29th, 2008 @ 5:03pm CDT
Sledge wrote:I'd quite like to get a Ghost Starscream at some point. And a Classics Mirage cast in as much clear plastic as possible would kick ass, but other than that... meh. Hey ho, different strokes for different folks. As long as people who want one get one, it's all good.

I take it that the Botcon 07 Mirage ain't clear enough for you then? I'd have liked to have seen that figuge clear where he's clear blue and clear blue where he's solid blue, and a lighter shade of clear blue used, but it's probably the best we're going to get. Thundercracker and Skywarp are one thing, but I don't see much chance of a Henkei clear Leiger anytime soon.

3550 yen I believe, but that's only at a three day toy show in Japan. I'm expecting preorders on this to be at least $60 when they start to show up.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710858)
Posted by Anonymous on May 29th, 2008 @ 5:04pm CDT
Well I have no need for this toy because I have the firdt one, not the Japenesse one. It must be more money too online.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710860)
Posted by skeletal13 on May 29th, 2008 @ 5:05pm CDT
Should taste like cherry, blueberry, and pineapple. I'll pass.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710873)
Posted by Sledge on May 29th, 2008 @ 5:11pm CDT
It was like they didn't even try with Mirage. http://www.insecticons.com/insecticomics/v4/324.html
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710883)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 29th, 2008 @ 5:21pm CDT
I like it, the fingerprint on the windshield just pushes it over the edge for me.

If it's within reason, I may get it.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710993)
Posted by Gojira Prime on May 29th, 2008 @ 7:35pm CDT
Coming in 2028, Indiana Prime and the Kingdom of the Crystal Convoy. :grin:
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (710997)
Posted by primeoptimus on May 29th, 2008 @ 7:45pm CDT
IT'S AN OPTIMUS PRIMESICLE :D

DAT TRUKK IZ SO AWSOM!
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (711004)
Posted by Firebird on May 29th, 2008 @ 7:50pm CDT
Gojira Prime wrote:Coming in 2028, Indiana Prime and the Kingdom of the Crystal Convoy. :grin:

LOL

Seriously though, I really want this guy. After getting the Club combiners, the ghost of Starscream statue, and my "Invisible" Mirage from 2 years ago I think I got a thing for clear transformers…

All I need is a preorder
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (711018)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 29th, 2008 @ 8:10pm CDT
I like it.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (711033)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 29th, 2008 @ 8:29pm CDT
I liked the original picture better. Not feeling it in these pictures.
Re: New Pics of Takara Henkei Crystal Convoy (711040)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 29th, 2008 @ 8:41pm CDT
When is the event he comes out at occuring?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Grimlock Turbo Changer (2016) Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY