New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai

Friday, February 6th, 2015 9:36pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 43,171

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A little more than a month ago, pictures of the prototype for Art Storm's EM Gokin God Ginrai had surfaced, and now we have images of the finished product.

These new images of the now colored figure come from a post on twitter by the designer of Art Storm's EM Gokin line, Alan Moriguchi.

This is a stylized non transforming figure representing God Ginrai from the Transformers Masterforce series, who we know in the west as Powermaster Optimus Prime.


Transformers News: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai

Transformers News: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai

Transformers News: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai

Credit(s): @AlanMoriguchi on twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647687)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:40pm CST
I just wet myself.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647688)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:40pm CST
So there's a bit of both show- and toy-based influence in the deco.

The Katana's still an odd inclusion, but not a bad one.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647694)
Posted by jgilkinson on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:52pm CST
Looks pretty cool but does anyone know if the sword was featured in anything or is just something they threw in for the heck of it?
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647706)
Posted by shajaki on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:10pm CST
thats a damn fine lookin figure. but if i bought him, id probably "lose" ;) that sword.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647715)
Posted by bvzxa on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:20pm CST
Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647722)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:32pm CST
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647730)
Posted by bvzxa on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:45pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647732)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:53pm CST
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.



Image
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647734)
Posted by bvzxa on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:01pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.



Image



Why are you telling me the history of transformers because I had a difference of opinion. My goodness the internet creates stupidity on a grand scale, and memes aren't helping you either. You literally wasted precious kilobytes because I just told you and you response to go implode on itself. My,my,my we feel special.

yes I'm a bad ass, thank you. Now run along with your posts and drool over Super God Gundam...err I mean Ginrai :CON:
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647735)
Posted by bvzxa on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:02pm CST
Image[/quote]

Memes?
Why are you telling me the history of transformers because I had a difference of opinion. My goodness the internet creates stupidity on a grand scale, and memes aren't helping you either. You literally wasted precious kilobytes because I just told you and you response to go implode on itself. My,my,my we feel special.

yes I'm a bad ass, thank you. Now run along with your posts and drool over Super God Gundam...err I mean Ginrai :CON:
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647736)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:06pm CST
I don't see what the issue is with Transformers occasionally having some legitimate action figures on the side of the main stuff, unlike Action Masters which were the main stuff at the time. It not like this thing is taking away from some hypothetical main line transformable "what could have been" figure, what with most of the ones we've gotten in recent years having come from other companies that aren't Hasbro or Takara and that don't produce transforming Transformers toys.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647737)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:06pm CST
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.


You do know that in anime, everyone gets an inspiration from everything? Starsaber looks like a Gundam Core fighter connected to a G-booster etc etc.

Moriguchi just made the Godginrai form more proportional. The original is as blocky as a cube (which I sure love) and the gun it is sporting comes from the Godbomber version that was not produced.

Not even trying to convince you to buy this but I think it is uncalled for to burn wj88 for his post.

It not transforming............well you had the Action Masters.

On the record, once this gets a retail release date, I'm getting one.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647738)
Posted by bvzxa on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:10pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.


You do know that in anime, everyone gets an inspiration from everything? Starsaber looks like a Gundam Core fighter connected to a G-booster etc etc.

Moriguchi just made the Godginrai form more proportional. The original is as blocky as a cube (which I sure love) and the gun it is sporting comes from the Godbomber version that was not produced.

Not even trying to convince you to buy this but I think it is uncalled for to burn wj88 for his post.

It not transforming............well you had the Action Masters.

On the record, once this gets a retail release date, I'm getting one.


Nah he deserved it by implying I didn't know how many lines Transformers borrowed from and posting that stupid meme. As I have stated it needs to transform and look less Gundam-y.

I want an up-to-date Ginrai and GodBomber not an add on kit or statue that really does not embody what I saw in Super God Masterforce.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647740)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:14pm CST
bvzxa wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.


You do know that in anime, everyone gets an inspiration from everything? Starsaber looks like a Gundam Core fighter connected to a G-booster etc etc.

Moriguchi just made the Godginrai form more proportional. The original is as blocky as a cube (which I sure love) and the gun it is sporting comes from the Godbomber version that was not produced.

Not even trying to convince you to buy this but I think it is uncalled for to burn wj88 for his post.

It not transforming............well you had the Action Masters.

On the record, once this gets a retail release date, I'm getting one.


Nah he deserved it by implying I didn't know how many lines Transformers borrowed from and posting that stupid meme. As I have stated it needs to transform and look less Gundam-y.

I want an up-to-date Ginrai and GodBomber not an add on kit or statue that really does not embody what I saw in Super God Masterforce.


What you said! If there be a kick@ss MP of Godginrai, I'll triple wet my pants! :lol:
And those katanas/swords are really out of place I'd grant you that.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647742)
Posted by megatronus on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:16pm CST
I'm perfectly happy with my DX9 kit for Evasion Prime... now that's a nice God Ginrai!
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647744)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:17pm CST
Anyone who wants an updated transforming God Ginrai figure are never going to get one from Art Storm.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647746)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:18pm CST
bvzxa wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.


You do know that in anime, everyone gets an inspiration from everything? Starsaber looks like a Gundam Core fighter connected to a G-booster etc etc.

Moriguchi just made the Godginrai form more proportional. The original is as blocky as a cube (which I sure love) and the gun it is sporting comes from the Godbomber version that was not produced.

Not even trying to convince you to buy this but I think it is uncalled for to burn wj88 for his post.

It not transforming............well you had the Action Masters.

On the record, once this gets a retail release date, I'm getting one.


Nah he deserved it by implying I didn't know how many lines Transformers borrowed from and posting that stupid meme. As I have stated it needs to transform and look less Gundam-y.

I want an up-to-date Ginrai and GodBomber not an add on kit or statue that really does not embody what I saw in Super God Masterforce.


But dude, this isnt even a proper Hasbro or Takara release. They just licensed the character to Art Storm for them to make a toy as part of their Gorkin line which isn't based on Transforming figures. It's akin to the Roadbuster release pictured below. I am assuming that since you know so much about the brand, you were aware of this and that it isn't Hasbro or Takara making this figure. It's like all the superdeformed transformers figures out there, just another take from another company on the characters. If anything transformers related had to be a transforming figure to you, then does that mean we can't have any other kind of transformers merchandise?

Image
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647752)
Posted by bvzxa on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:27pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Pass...it doesn't transform and looks like one of my Gundam model kits. Either make it transform or stop stealing design cues form other robot lines.


WHAT?! Did you know that Transformers itself exists because it took cues from at least 7 other lines?

Takara Diaclone
Takara Microchange
Tomy Plarail
Tomy Zoids
Tokatoku Dorvack
Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie series
and a toy from ToyCo called 4 Changeable Astro Magnum

So Jetfire and Omega Supreme look terrible too, I guess, because they are taken from other robot toylines?


Stop =; =; =; ...you don't know who you're talking to. Don't let your post count fool you. I know my Transformer history well.

That figure looks like a Gundam. Sorry I think it stinks.


You do know that in anime, everyone gets an inspiration from everything? Starsaber looks like a Gundam Core fighter connected to a G-booster etc etc.

Moriguchi just made the Godginrai form more proportional. The original is as blocky as a cube (which I sure love) and the gun it is sporting comes from the Godbomber version that was not produced.

Not even trying to convince you to buy this but I think it is uncalled for to burn wj88 for his post.

It not transforming............well you had the Action Masters.

On the record, once this gets a retail release date, I'm getting one.


Nah he deserved it by implying I didn't know how many lines Transformers borrowed from and posting that stupid meme. As I have stated it needs to transform and look less Gundam-y.

I want an up-to-date Ginrai and GodBomber not an add on kit or statue that really does not embody what I saw in Super God Masterforce.


But dude, this isnt even a proper Hasbro or Takara release. They just licensed the character to Art Storm for them to make a toy as part of their Gorkin line which isn't based on Transforming figures. It's akin to the Roadbuster release pictured below. I am assuming that since you know so much about the brand, you were aware of this and that it isn't Hasbro or Takara making this figure. It's like all the superdeformed transformers figures out there, just another take from another company on the characters. If anything transformers related had to be a transforming figure to you, then does that mean we can't have any other kind of transformers merchandise?

Image

Do you have Tourette's or something? :roll:
Dude I know what companies do and non-transformable transformers yada yada yada. Geez man you keep posting responses like I dont know anything about Transfomers I have been collecting since I was 11 in '84. Man please you want to prove your point...here then:
Yes I was so unaware of other companies making non-transformable figures and I just posted randomly because-- oh lawd forgive me I's not know this was not *gasp* not made by Hasbro/Takara


You really should stop now...I get it, the internet gets it. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647753)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:31pm CST
bvzxa wrote:Do you have Tourette's or something? :roll:
Dude I know what companies do and non-transformable transformers yada yada yada. Geez man you keep posting responses like I dont know anything about Transfomers I have been collecting since I was 11 in '84. Man please you want to prove your point...here then:
Yes I was so unaware of other companies making non-transformable figures and I just posted randomly because-- oh lawd forgive me I's not know this was not *gasp* not made by Hasbro/Takara


You really should stop now...I get it, the internet gets it. :BANG_HEAD:


But then what is the point of complaining if you know that this company doesnt do transforming toys? You know there are a bunch of products out there for all sorts of collectors, so why do you stop at this one to call it out for it not being the collector's figure it never said it was.

It really does sound exactly as random as you wrote it above.
Re: New Pictures of Art Storm's Transformers EM Gokin God Ginrai (1647760)
Posted by shajaki on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:44pm CST
for the record, i dont see gundam, i see another japanese'y TF like starsaber.
and i thought the meme was funny.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Pounce and Wingspan Incomplete Transformers G1 Hasbro 1987 Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise - WFC / Pounce Wingspan Decepticon Twin Set War Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY