Saturday, June 6th, 2020 9:06am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 59,264

Greetings Seibertronians! Today, fellow Seibertron user, Autobot N has informed us that some new Transformers toys have surfaced on the Chinese social media site of Weibo. The images were posted by user TFCLUB alliance club, and they show Earthrise Thrust, a test shot of a possible Earthrise Cyclonus, and possibly also our first look at an Earthrise Soundwave who may be a retool of his Siege mold.

Transformers News: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave

The Eagle eyed reader may have also spotted something else suprising in that last picture, so here it is again. No word on if this is official or not but here it is again, a possible transforming maverick from Top Gun

We also have an in package look at Earthrise Megatron, who will be available at retail sometime soon.

The user has not explained where these have come from.

What do you think of these reveals? Are you excited for a new version of Galvatrons right hand bot? Excited for new cone heads? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Autobot N from Seibertron, TFCLUB Alliance Club from Weibo.

Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066802)
Posted by Beachjezus on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:20am CDT
Why does that Earthrise Megatron have the Siege battle damage on his legs....

Something seems fishy here
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066803)
Posted by First Gen on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:21am CDT
As te french say "Le DOPE!"

Maverick will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066804)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:23am CDT
Holy crap! A seemingly licensed, Transforming F-14?! Sign me up!
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066805)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:27am CDT
Thrusts legs in jet mode yeuck :( not sure what the gun barrel*type thing photo bombing the pic is, could be a Blitzwing not that one is needed. * prob megatron, photo looked purplish on my TV.

Cyclonus might be studio series, that or the final earthrise toy will have ten holes drilled into him and greebling added. I think the wings look a bit too stubby/off but cyclonus is one of those toys where having fifty variants of him is okay. Def going to be out of scale with magnus but hey ho.

Topgun... Where as I give less than a flying duck for Topgun it's going to be cool to have a transforming tomcat and hopefully it's actually a decent toy on par with VFs *ungly hinge lumps on the top of jet mode might not bode well. Don't think I need another jetfire but it would be hard to say no if there is a repaint.
I'm all for a days of thunder transforming nascar :) and obviously maximum overdrive stuff.
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066806)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:27am CDT
That Maverick is HUGE.

And awesome.

Every time I think I'm out, Hasbro reels me back in!
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066808)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:31am CDT
These look great!

I guess I'm glad thy aren't stringing us along with the Seekers. Give me all the main ones.

Cyclonus has been a top pick for me for a long time. It's times like this that I miss a different paintjob from Takara so I could have one be him and another be his clone, but it's fine.

I don't normally do crossovers, but I'm a sucker for planes.

Soundwave - Shoulda never bought Siege Soundwave. Or Siege Megatron.
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066809)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:35am CDT
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066810)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:44am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:The box art makes it look like Maverick is based on Classics Jetfire, but given how sleek the jet mode looks. . . Could it be based on the T30 Jetfire mold?

Well Ectotron was based of CW Hot spot (with heavy retool img of course so anything is possible)
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066813)
Posted by TulioDude on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:56am CDT
TFW you wanted a updated Armada Cyclonus...
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066815)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:02am CDT
I don't think that's Earthrise Soundwave or a retool, I think it's a straight redeco of Siege Soundwave, and corresponds to that Walmart listing before. The "red" stands for "red eyes."

You can clearly see the Siege landing gear on his arm, I don't know why they would keep that in a retool. I'm guessing it's basically another wave of the 35th anniversary redecoes, just without the cel shading the leaders had.

Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066816)
Posted by Short Circuit on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:03am CDT
Cyclonus is buy on sight, I’ve been meaning to sell my battle in space Rodimus so that makes it easier to sell the complete set :lol: Soundwave looks good, I gave my siege one away for sound blaster so that worked out.

I absolutely need that Maverick figure to be real. I just love model jets. He’ll make a nice modern Leader-1 too :D
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066818)
Posted by Quantum Surge on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:17am CDT
Cyclonus looks promising, 50/50 on ThrustWave, but the Maverick looks cool! Still need Ectotron though.
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066823)
Posted by frogbat on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:27am CDT
Looks like a repainted wfc soundwave. I would have hoped they’d release an earth mode version for earth rise...

Cyclonus looks good. The g1 and generations versions are amongst my favourite figures. Never picked up the cw version,

Thrust.. will be nice to see how he looks in robot mode. Odd re the decepticon insignia being so small and not on the red parts of the wings.

The top gun cross over is cool. Not into top gun, tho the f14 was awesome etc... maybe this might one of a few interesting mix of 80s franchise crossovers After ghostbusters. Air wolf next perhaps...? Knight rider... back to the future...
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066824)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:34am CDT
I don't give a rat's ass about any and all of those upcoming "classics".

I'm all for that insane and original TOP GUN X-Over guy! :x
It would be totally awesome if it's a line of it's own, where they X-Over iconic vehicles from classic movies and series.

I would love an A-Team van and a Knight-Riders Kitt 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am. :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066825)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:55am CDT
Okay, Cyclonus looks to be a fine upgrade to the venerable Classics figure. Is he going to be a Voyager class?

Also, Thrust is looking decent. Probably my favorite Seeker, Conehead or Otherwise, because of his whack VTOL fans.

And if that Maverick thing turns out to be real, well...color me interested.
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066834)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 6th, 2020 @ 11:15am CDT
Thrust looks great! Hope we see the other two. Cyclonus is... Interesting. I would like a new Cyclonus, but at the same time I'm reserving judgement until we see the paint and how that looks. Right now it looks decent enough. And part of me thinks maybe Soundwave does have some retooling, specifically around the chest. But I don't really need a new Soundwave
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066835)
Posted by NemesisBee on June 6th, 2020 @ 11:24am CDT
Who is the green and yellow figure next to Soundwave?
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066837)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2020 @ 11:31am CDT
NemesisBee wrote:Who is the green and yellow figure next to Soundwave?
Cyberverse Thunderhowl
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066848)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 6th, 2020 @ 11:52am CDT
Beachjezus wrote:Why does that Earthrise Megatron have the Siege battle damage on his legs....

Something seems fishy here

That's looming large on my mind too. Seems very odd. The legs are the ONLY part with apparent "battle damage" paint apps too. Did some wires get crossed at the factory?
Re: New Pictures of Earthrise Cyclonus Test Shot, Earthrise Thrust and Possible Earthrise Soundwave (2066852)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on June 6th, 2020 @ 12:06pm CDT
Cyclonus looks like an updated version of the Universe mold. Hopefully this means having two working hands. Depending on Soundwave's vehicle mode, I might get him. As of right now he's a pass like Megatron unless I can get them at a discount. Thrust looks okay, he's exactly how I thought he would look. Nothing special there.

Anyone else think Cylclonus' gun looks similar to one of Hot Rod's?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #253 - Danger Zone
"Danger Zone"
Posted: Sunday, June 21st, 2020

Buy "PC-12 UPGRADE TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS/WARRIORS UNITE COMPUTRON US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure USED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Lionizer Act..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound ..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Wolfwire Weirdwolf Monxo Monzo MOC" on EBAY