New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Monday, April 19th, 2021 5:20pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: -Kanrabat-   Views: 31,711

We've gotten some new pictures of Transformers Selects Transmutate. They come from Instagram user tonezone.mp4.

We see more details than ever before, including her unique headsculpt. Select Transmutate will be available as a regular Select figure, meaning you'll be able to buy her pretty much everywhere.

Are you planning to get this radioactive and mutated take of Kingdom Paleotrex? Do you think this repaint/retool is a nice update to the tragic Beast Wars character? Let us know what you think!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Transformers News: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate!

Credit(s): Tonezone.mp4 on Instagram

Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102349)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 19th, 2021 @ 5:23pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:Those colors really look good, and I frankly enjoy the crap out of these fossilizers.

Hell yeah! Vanilla Paleotrex does not interest me at all. But this Transmutate is SPECIAL. For me, it's an alternate universe version where instead of self-destrucing, Transmutate secured herself an altmode and stabilized herself. But she's still oozing dangerous radiations from her ever glowing bits!
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102352)
Posted by TulioDude on April 19th, 2021 @ 5:43pm CDT
This make me want a new Rampage to go alongside her.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102353)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 19th, 2021 @ 5:49pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:This make me want a new Rampage to go alongside her.

Sign me up for an updated rampage and an updated depth charge, yyyesssssssss
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102358)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 19th, 2021 @ 6:56pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I love how the back of the bot head sticks up out of the dino head kind of like a tuft of hair on a little kid.

I never noticed that before, and now I love it
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102365)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on April 19th, 2021 @ 7:10pm CDT
I recently revisited the Beast Wars episode where the titular character appeared, and I’m now especially hyped to get my hands on this figure. The colour scheme is great, and the head sculpt is uncanny. They died without ever developing a beast mode, but had they survived, this beast form
Would’ve suited them well.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102402)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 19th, 2021 @ 8:40pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I never noticed that before, and now I love it

Wait WHAT?
Oh, sweet! This make Transmutate even more worth getting because she have an unique beast mode. Nice!
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102419)
Posted by Changewinds on April 19th, 2021 @ 11:50pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I like that head canon! I did get Paleotrex already, but I’m still tempted by Transmutate and Skelivore. They are both great reprints.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102428)
Posted by Spotter5 on April 20th, 2021 @ 5:59am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I never noticed that before, and now I love it

Wait WHAT?

Makes her alt mode look a lot like a Cryolophosaurus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryolophosaurus
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102548)
Posted by Lucky Logician on April 20th, 2021 @ 8:35pm CDT

Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102551)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 20th, 2021 @ 8:40pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Has anyone else seen the live-action Cutie Honey movie? Transmutate reminds me of when Scarlet Claw opens her mouth to shoot a laser out of it.

Good catch!
And not only did I saw the movie, I saw it at the Fantasia festival in Montreal aeons ago. I even got the director to sign the page of the festival brochure where there was an article about that movie!

Ah, good times...
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102650)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 21st, 2021 @ 5:16pm CDT
Mouth open reminds me of a halo spartan helmet.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102664)
Posted by o.supreme on April 21st, 2021 @ 8:47pm CDT
I made the comparison a while back to newborn alien from Alien Resurrection, but it scares me too much to dig up the pictures ;)
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102698)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 22nd, 2021 @ 10:14am CDT
Greetings Seibertronians!
Prime VS Prime have just released the video review of Generations SELECTS Abominus! This version come with different paint aps than the original Power of the Primes original, and some new accessories notably a brand new chest part. The paint apps also hew more closely to the animation accuracy that Takara is known for.

Do you have this combiner on preorder? Are you thinking about getting it? Or is it just a "been there, done that"?

Let us know what you think!

Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102703)
Posted by o.supreme on April 22nd, 2021 @ 11:39am CDT
When the announcement was made about Volcanicus, it was extremely disappointing, not because I dislike the toy or character, but because it was a wasted opportunity for something new. Same goes for Abominus. I mean, I am all for Giftbox packaging (though these pale in comparison to the beautiful UW Boxes). I'm also all for Animation accurate decos. But this all just doesn't sit well with me. Yet, here I am, hypocritically with them BOTH on pre-order...I hate myself sometimes. Also. I know the track record of TT selects getting delayed by many months is to be expected, but if PvP has Abominus NOW, you would think it would be released via TT in about a month or so, then shortly after via Pulse. Currently the estimated release date for Abominus is 7/6/21 (this is the 2nd delay). *Was originally scheduled for end of March, then beginning of June.

I guess it will be a miracle if Volcanicus actually gets released on 5/6/21 PvP reviewed it about a month ago, but I'm not sure if it has been released via TT Mall yet.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102704)
Posted by aronjlove on April 22nd, 2021 @ 11:51am CDT
I had both pre-ordered but with all the other new stuff being released I have little incentive to buy these again. If Black Zarack wasn't released I'd still have the new Volcanicus on pre-order, but I have two titans coming so there went the combiner money as the Ark took the money for Abominus. I really like how they updated Hun-Gurr with the removable chest plate.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102706)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 22nd, 2021 @ 12:21pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:if PvP has Abominus NOW, you would think it would be released via TT in about a month or so, then shortly after via Pulse.

I think there is something else at play here. Every single Takara release (Selects or MP) has been delayed additionally a minimum of almost 2 months between when Takara releases them and when Pulse releases them going all the way back to the seacons.

It is almost like this may be intentional to give Takara a little bit of a head start on their own releases that Hasbro Pulse just facilitates. Either that or Pulse pays for the slowest shipping possible for Takara releases.

Forget container ships, rowboats are where its at.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102709)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 22nd, 2021 @ 12:26pm CDT
Personally, I would have been all over that Select Abominus set if I didn't already had the PotP original.

But since I do have it, I'm good. Especially for that premium price.
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102710)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 22nd, 2021 @ 12:27pm CDT
PrimeVsPrime may have gotten him from here to be fair:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3 ... o0b2VT_rCE
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102715)
Posted by o.supreme on April 22nd, 2021 @ 1:18pm CDT
Re: New pictures of Generations Select Transmutate! (2102717)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 22nd, 2021 @ 1:40pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:That's cool. I knew he was not a sample stealer, I never put him in that category, since he has talked about some other sites that have provided him product early. But I was not aware of which sites were able to get official product before the "home" company, for lack of a better term.

In Demand Toys is quite good like that apparently, as last year they were sending Skylynx, Scorponok and others out early. If I had the cash (and space) I would have preordered the Ark to see if the same rang true.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY