New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron

New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron

Monday, April 20th, 2020 1:00pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 42,517

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Powered Convoy, has brought some new images of the eagerly anticipated Transformers Generations Selects Super Megatron figure! These images were posted to the official Japanese Transformers twitter account and show the toy off in all different versions the character takes (Super Megatron, Ultra Megatron and Ultra Megatron Omega). The images also shows the changes in the torso between each form, and highlight that there is a place to store Megatrons cannon on his back if you so wish.

Transformers News: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron

Transformers News: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron

Transformers News: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron

Transformers News: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron

Have you got your Pre-Order locked in? Still on the fence? Let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Powered Convoy from Seibertron, Official Japanese Transformers Twitter Account

Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061528)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 20th, 2020 @ 1:20pm CDT
Even though I have no context for the design it looks like a really fun Megatron toy. I wish I had experience with TR Galvatron to get a better idea of if I actually want this
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061535)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 20th, 2020 @ 2:21pm CDT
Man they just keep going with this April Fools prank, don't they? :roll:

It's still kinda weird to me that this is an actual thing. They announced it on April 1st, so of course I didn't think it was real. Why would they use a design that, for the longest time, I thought was just concept art? I mean, where does this design even come from? What series? I love it, and I want it, but I don't know where it came from other than from ONE picture that I saw years ago. Why does it have TLK Megatron's battle mask? Again, I love it, but why?

And how many Sir Robert Bordens will it cost me?
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061536)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2020 @ 2:43pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Man they just keep going with this April Fools prank, don't they? :roll:

They announced it on April 5, 2019 Japan Time (which was April 4, 2019 U.S. Time).
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061538)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 20th, 2020 @ 2:55pm CDT

And how many Sir Robert Bordens will it cost me?

It's not concept art as back in 1991-2, it was never going to be a toy. This was how super Megatron looked in the Return of Convoy art that was produced for the story pages.

As for the battle mask, I'd say that was a fun homage to the last bay movie.
I'm curious as to why you think it was an April Fools given that it was revealed after then. Plus they've been teasing it since last year, when we learned of Star Convoy... If memory serves.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061539)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 20th, 2020 @ 2:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Oh, didn't even know that. My only knowledge of it was this article. https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... led/44683/

My fault for being too lazy to read a single paragraph at the time. I dun played myself. I mean, almost a week afterwords I was like "oh this is real" but that's still an embarrassingly long time.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061541)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 20th, 2020 @ 3:06pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

You're not alone. I too, never knew that Megs was a thing.
I feel I should preorder it. Even then, maybe it will be at a better price at Mandarake. Since when it will come out, Corona Chan should have calmed her tits by then, no?
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061542)
Posted by Flashwave on April 20th, 2020 @ 3:08pm CDT
So, I dont really care about "Super Megatron", I just want this as "Megatron". He reminds me of a Generations take onbthe Movie/Prime Megatrons with a wickedly destructive tank and jet mode suitable the Emperor of Destruction.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061543)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 20th, 2020 @ 3:12pm CDT
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061545)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 20th, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:You could argue that this is a generations take on Animated Megatron, just without the helicopter alt ;)

Wait.
It IS Animated Megs, but improved and more dangerous than ever!

This make me want him even more.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061546)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 20th, 2020 @ 3:32pm CDT
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061550)
Posted by Skritz on April 20th, 2020 @ 4:01pm CDT
I'd argue Animated and DOTM Megatron were very much in the vein of this guy, even more so now that the figure has triple changer feature. Yeah he's a bit much but honestly I've splurged on far worse before and, beside, I've cut down on Earthrise and am skipping most of that line now so it doesn't bother me as much.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061557)
Posted by megatronus on April 20th, 2020 @ 4:30pm CDT
OK OK... I was critical in the podcast, and he's still not my ideal, but dammit, this is really growing on me.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061560)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 20th, 2020 @ 4:35pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeas. It looks very cool, but the new photos just reinforce how over priced it is.

The only thing "overpriced" about him is the "exclusivity tax". But with all the added parts compared to the TR Galvatron original, the added parts make him at least jump into the Leader bracket.

Too bad about the horrible exchange rate for me though...
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061566)
Posted by Rysquad on April 20th, 2020 @ 4:51pm CDT
This Megatron is glorious. All hail Megatron.
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061569)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 20th, 2020 @ 4:54pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:The toy is heavily retooled from Titans Returns Galvatron, with only the legs being instantly recognisable from the molds previous user.
The forearms and shoulders are pretty obvious too IMO
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061574)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on April 20th, 2020 @ 5:15pm CDT

I guess eventually everything on TFWiki with a G1 tag will get a Generations or Takara release?
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061578)
Posted by Skritz on April 20th, 2020 @ 5:20pm CDT
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061579)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 20th, 2020 @ 5:20pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I'm glad so many of you are happy about this, because it looks like the ugliest $60 Transformer I've ever seen. Hopefully we don't see buyer's remorse on the same scale as with Big Powered.

At this point can you honestly say you'd be suprised?
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061580)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 20th, 2020 @ 5:24pm CDT
Skritz wrote:People really hated the Big Powered set due to QC and yet...this is not an issue mine has. At all. Guess I got lucky.

That was the big let down with mine. Dai Atlas just doesn't like to stay together. his mid-torso connection is crap
Re: New Pictures of Generations Selects Super Megatron (2061584)
Posted by Skritz on April 20th, 2020 @ 5:41pm CDT
Mine is wobbly, sure, but it's mostly fine. Guess I got lucky?

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Studio Series Constructicon Scrapper #60 Voyager Class Case Fresh" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collaborative Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron with Slimer MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titanium series Robots in Disguise Optimus prime" on EBAY
Buy "Dropkick Transformers Studio Series 22 Deluxe Bumblebee Movie Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Lot Springer and Starscream" on EBAY