New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+

New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+

Sunday, November 25th, 2018 6:12am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 17,012

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Cyberpath, we have done brand new photographs to share of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+! These come couresty of Facebook user GenmonTCracker. The pictures show off more of MP 29+'s cartoon accurate paint job compared to the old MP 29, which is included for comparison. Also pictured is the Hasbro Asia exclusive coin that is being bundled with the release, and as usual with these releases, the coin's case has been made to resemble Shockwaves head.

The pictures have all been mirrored below for your convenience.

Transformers News: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+

What's your take on Shockwaves new colours? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Cyberpath from Seibertron, GenmonTCracker from Facebook

Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995350)
Posted by frogbat on November 25th, 2018 @ 6:44am CST

I probably prefer the new colour scheme cos it looks better in general but, the original’s works extremely well when he’s placed side by side with mp36
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995351)
Posted by angtre on November 25th, 2018 @ 6:51am CST
frogbat wrote:One of my least favourite mp figures... felt a bit lazy and phoned in. Too many visible screw holes and gaps.

Exactly my thoughts. If the character itself weren't this cool... the original toy color scheme suits it well, though. Not a huge fan of the subtle head retooling, by the way.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995353)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 25th, 2018 @ 7:10am CST
He's actually one of my favourite figures (I have the first release.) Looks good from every angle and so cartoon-like; the way that they got the sleek shape of his legs, made me a bit more bummed about MP-10's legs and the wheels pockets. (Before we were getting a new one.)
And the ease of transformation inspired me to transform the MPs more often.

I appreciate the light piping on him, not something I want in MPs, but suits him fine because his "face" is a light-bulb. The light-gimmicks are also nice, wish Megatron's cannon had it instead of sound bites (which I haven't even tried.)

Like the interchangeable hands and mini-me gun, too.

Some older pix --

Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995355)
Posted by Emerje on November 25th, 2018 @ 7:22am CST

Emerje
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995358)
Posted by Bucky on November 25th, 2018 @ 8:34am CST
Man...don’t get me wrong. I’m very, very happy that I got my MP Shockwave when I did, and for the awesome price that I got him at. But this dark purple version looks so good. And purple is my favorite color. As much as I’d love to have this, I think I’m fine with my first Shockwave. Unless maybe there are some fixes made to it that I’m not aware of. My lavender Shockwave has pretty poor legs. They’ve never held together that well, so his posability takes a huge hit. I also find his top heaviness to be slightly problematic, but there isn’t anything to be done about that. He’s all top.

If only they had released him in this darker shade first.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995359)
Posted by X3ROhour on November 25th, 2018 @ 9:30am CST
i waited for someone to fix it!

that lavender
ugh...
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995366)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 25th, 2018 @ 10:39am CST
Damn I like this better. This is why I now hold out. I'll have to sell some figures and save up for this one.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995422)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 26th, 2018 @ 1:33am CST
Emerje wrote:I had a couple minor issues with one of the original's legs tabbing together, but that was my only real physical issue with it. The darker colors are a must for me so I'm getting the second one, but I'm a little annoyed that the tube to his arm is purple instead of black. :roll:

Emerje

The purple arm tube is animation accurate, actually.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995433)
Posted by Emerje on November 26th, 2018 @ 6:12am CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Emerje

The purple arm tube is animation accurate, actually.

Isn't this supposed to be the toy accurate version, though? It has cartoon 'Con symbol tampographs on the arms for some reason instead of optional stickers, but the first version was supposed to be the cartoon accurate one so this should be the toy accurate one which would mean a black tube.

Emerje
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995446)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2018 @ 7:35am CST
Emerje wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Emerje

The purple arm tube is animation accurate, actually.

Emerje
TakaraTomy Mall boasts four times about how MP-29+ is cartoon colored.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995452)
Posted by william-james88 on November 26th, 2018 @ 7:59am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Emerje

The purple arm tube is animation accurate, actually.

Emerje
TakaraTomy Mall boasts four times about how MP-29+ is cartoon colored.

Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995459)
Posted by Combat Zero on November 26th, 2018 @ 8:23am CST
I missed out on the original MP Shockwave, good thing they reissued him but with better coloring.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995471)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 26th, 2018 @ 8:59am CST
william-james88 wrote:I wont deny facts, but this makes me wonder what the original MP 29 was supposed to be then.

Also cartoon-accurate. :))

Cyberpath wrote:

Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995532)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2018 @ 7:18pm CST
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995545)
Posted by Emerje on November 26th, 2018 @ 9:10pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:So, it's like, MP-29 Laserwave was "The Ultimate Doom" Shockwave, while MP-29+ is TFTM Shockwave. :P

I'm done trying to make sense of Takara Tomy. :lol:

Emerje
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995548)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2018 @ 9:57pm CST
In all (or half) seriousness, maybe Takara initially based MP-29's deco off of scenes where Shockwave is lighter purple, but then saw that his purple is darker in a lot of other scenes, and went :ic$: :ic$: :ic$:
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995549)
Posted by william-james88 on November 26th, 2018 @ 10:03pm CST
In the end, I think I am more happy with MP29 than MP29+. Not by much, I preffer the purple on 29+ but most especially preffer the grey for the gun barrel. What I dont like those are those ultra pink/fushia hands and the real deal breaker to me is that square hole around his eye. To me, Shockwave only has black inside his face with that solitary eye, making it extra creepy.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995566)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 27th, 2018 @ 3:36am CST
new pix of MP-29+ from U.NEM Studios --

More pix.
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1995645)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 27th, 2018 @ 7:14pm CST
The new colors look really awesome!
Re: New Pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave MP 29+ (1997135)
Posted by X3ROhour on December 5th, 2018 @ 4:05am CST
Emerje wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Emerje

The purple arm tube is animation accurate, actually.

Emerje

if so
it should be translucent purple.
thats toy accurate.

Shockwave G1.jpg

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY