New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020

Transformers News: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020

Friday, May 17th, 2019 11:26AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 21,631

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Powered Convoy, we have learned the Official Transformers Facebook page has set up a new poll to decide on another G1 Reissue for 2020! The victor of this poll will go on to join the winner of the last poll, Astrotrain, in appearing in Walmart for next year's wave of reissues.

The choices this time round is between Blaster and Skywarp.

To vote, go to the poll page and click on the character you wish to see return to toy shelves!

Who do you think should win this poll? Who would you want to see reissued? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): Powered Convoy from Seibertron, Official Transformers Facebook page

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021789)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 17th, 2019 @ 12:34pm CDT
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021790)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 17th, 2019 @ 1:18pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Skywarp all the way! We've had Blaster reissued in the U.S. TWICE now in the past decade. We don't need a third. It's easy to find him if you want him, honestly, and he even comes with three of his cassettes.

Its the same for Skywarp. I think both these choices are lame. I'd rather see a figure that we haven't already gotten reissued a dozen times before.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021792)
Posted by snavej on May 17th, 2019 @ 1:35pm CDT
I'm not in the US but perhaps Walmart could stock Skywarp with the teleportation feature reactivated! After all, they reactivated the missile firing function years ago. ;)

Failing that, bring back Blaster with a sound chip that plays Rick Astley and can't be turned off.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021796)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 17th, 2019 @ 1:49pm CDT
If they keep going like this, they may get round to reissuing the original headmasters ;)
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021797)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on May 17th, 2019 @ 2:04pm CDT
I voted for Skywarp simply because we already had a very recent reissue of Blaster, which is clogging store shelves in many different parts of the world, and I would like a Skywarp.

That said, if they were to make a Blaster (which will probably happen because the poll is leaning that way), I need it to be in the original G1 colors. Alot of reissues, including the new one, have a slightly beige plastic with sparkles in them, and the orange appears lighter, so I would like Blaster to have his true G1 colors back
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021800)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 2:22pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

Skywarp reissues arent as recent though. But I agree, neither of these are great choices. but I think hasbro is banking on character popularity. really wish they could throw us another curve ball like with trypticon or even the coneheads (not saying I want these rereleased, I mean I want releases LIKE those).
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021803)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 17th, 2019 @ 2:38pm CDT
I was really excited at first but then it kind of sank in and I think some of you have a point they both are just a little...underwhelming? They both hold real personal nostalgia for me but I don't know if I'd need to really havehavehave either of them despite them being two of my favorites.

But, I'm trying to think of someone who never got that Blaster when they were young, or man, if they'd just been able to find that awesome black and purple Seeker. I mean I can totally see it being awesome for someone else they're iconic classic characters with cool figures.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021805)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2019 @ 2:52pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

Its the same for Skywarp.
The last time Skywarp got a U.S. reissue was in 2003, sixteen years ago. Blaster's had two U.S. reissues since then, once in 2008 and again in 2015.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021806)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

Its the same for Skywarp.

That's before some fans on this board were even born, think about that Ironhidensh

Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021807)
Posted by JasonM32 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:04pm CDT
I really want Skywarp. My favorite Transformers are from the first wave in 1984 and Skywarp is one that I never had as a kid.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021808)
Posted by hausjam on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:10pm CDT
I don't see the point in any more seeker reissues because they are going to come with the Fisher Price style ion cannons.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021809)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:10pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

It's not just that. It's the mold availability. Those Geewun are cheap to reissue because of that.

Still, I'd like Blaster. Simply because the latest (Platinum?) reissue was never found in my area.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021812)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:18pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

Your right, it wasn't. But since the platinums were readily available in China (and I think made specifically with that market in mind), they were available on e-bay at the same price we would find them in stores.

In fact, that Blaster set is one of my best articles on this site simply because I showed the new stuff with the slides that came with perceptor and how to do it correctly (because it so happens people cant be bothered to read instructions).

we missed out on a few platinums, like the unicron.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021818)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:46pm CDT
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021819)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:49pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:What will be really exciting is to see some of the original Autobot cars get reissued. We've gotten Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Blaster, Perceptor, and the Insecticons multiple times over the past 10-12 years, but nothing of the likes of Prowl, Jazz, or Sideswipe since the TRU reissues in the early 2000's.

But please, no stepper. There were enough from that first batch to still get one for cheap today.

Jazz would be super cool though.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021821)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 17th, 2019 @ 4:03pm CDT
Neither. I'd rather reissues from other lines instead. It's not like these even sell anyway going by the steep discounts on the other figures. It's just like the last few times they reissued G1 figures. They sell well for a few weeks then they clog shelves until they get marked down by around 80%.

Give me a Cybertron Galvatron reissue or another redeco of Tigerhawk or something. They'd sell just as poorly as the G1 figures but at least they'd be more interesting. Or do something similar like Takara did with Unicron of Light and reissue altered versions of exclusive figures from Botcon and the like. I'd love me a Deathsaurus and TM3 Megatron. Predacus, Terrorsaur, Dawn of Future's Past Maximals and Predacons, SG figures, Megazarak, Bugbite, Roulette and Shadow Striker, the list goes on and on.

I grew up on G1 figures, I bought the first bunch of reissues for about $4 each from Toys R Us, then I sold them a few years later as I realized how much I didn't actually like them. I moved on, so should Hasbro. There will always be a place for G1 reissues but Transformers is more than just G1 now and that's putting it mildly.

Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021822)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2019 @ 5:02pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:So in short, bring back the Universe line and don't limit yourself to just G1 reissues.
While I don't disagree in theory, the Universe line came about due to a demand from retailers for more Transformers product. Hasbro didn't have enough new product at the time during Armada/Energon to meet that demand, so they had no choice but to turn to redecoing reissues of preexisting molds.

Nowadays, however, with the runaway success that the live action movies have brought to the brand, Hasbro has plenty of new product to offer retailers. So much so, even, that some of it doesn't even make it to certain retailers, like tail-enders and such.

With the current spread of Siege, Cyberverse, Studio Series, the normal Bumblebee movie line, and even BotBots (Rescue Bots is by a different branch of the company and sold in a different toy aisle than the main lines), that's five lines worth of product available to retailers from Hasbro, in contrast to significantly less abundance of product that was available during the Unicron Trilogy, making a line like the old Universe line an unnecessary endeavor in Hasbro's eyes.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021824)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 17th, 2019 @ 5:20pm CDT
one of those damned kids wrote:

Get off my lawn.
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021832)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 17th, 2019 @ 7:16pm CDT
Re: New Poll To Decide Next Walmart G1 Reissue Exclusive for 2020 (2021833)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 7:50pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:I've said it before, but I will say it again--it all comes down to if they will do anything "special" to these like they did with the first wave of minibots and with Starscream. Since Starscream had painted eyes, I would "hope" they would paint Skywarp's eyes. But if they were do something nice with Blaster...

Like make him a functional radio again? I'd buy that for sure.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters LIONIZER 2019 MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Titans return Trypticon Transformers generations brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Cog Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Tank Original Part(s) Works!" on EBAY
Buy "1980’s Hasbro Transformers G1 Sinnertwin and Warpath Tank plus Bonus NR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Brunt - NIB" on EBAY