Transformers News: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar

Friday, April 13th, 2018 11:46AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,521

We know there are several Transformers Power of the Primes exclusives coming our way and we now have new images featuring packaging elements for two of them: Deluxe Wreck-Gar and Leader Nemesis Prime. These images come from the TF-Factory Weibo account.

For Nemesis Prime, we get a look at his partner, Giza, whi is a bird that transforms into his sword. This is another reference to yet another Nemesis Prime, in this case the one from the Prime line which had a transforming sword partner with the same name (although it was a shark, and not a bird).

We also get the (slightly obscured) bio which tells us that this Nemesis Prime is simply an evil clone of Optimus Prime. For Wreck-Gar, we get the character art that will appear on his packaging.

You can see actual images of these previously revealed toys here and here.

Credit(s): TF Factory

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952574)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 13th, 2018 @ 12:43pm CDT
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952578)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 13th, 2018 @ 12:46pm CDT
I'd rather have had G2 Groove than Wreck Gar. >:oP
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952581)
Posted by o.supreme on April 13th, 2018 @ 12:57pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:For Nemesis Prime, we get a look at his partner, Giza, which is a bird that transforms into his sword. This is another reference to yet another Nemesis Prime, in this case the one from the Prime line which had a transforming sword partner with the same name (although it was a shark, and not a bird).

Was TF: Prime - Nemesis Prime a :TAKARATOMY: exclusive? That is the only one I can find online, I cannot find any reference to a Hasbro release...
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952582)
Posted by william-james88 on April 13th, 2018 @ 12:58pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Yes he was. There were quite a few exclusive toys from TT in he Prime line. Its probably the most infamous line for TT exclusives. And each of their toys deluxe and up came with partner transformers model kits that were all exclusive to TT.
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952584)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:04pm CDT
I was LITERALLY just about to tweet about how it's about time to get some information on Wreck-Gar.

I'd like to see Special Edition Prime Masters with both. Maybe get second versions of each Prime Master with "Exclusives" and Predaking. if we could get each of the Takara-versions of the Technobots as exclusives, each with Exclusive Prime Masters and POTP Hand/feet, that would go a long way for getting a better Hasbro Computron that also matches Abominus AND brings us closer to a special-edition set of Prim Masters

Bounti76 wrote:I'd rather have had G2 Groove than Wreck Gar. >:oP

Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952587)
Posted by o.supreme on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:10pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Good to know, thanks. I love the Prime animated series, but never got any of the toys, well except the Legion Abominus set when it was at Target on clearance. THIS was unknowingly my precursor to see if my son could handle more complex toys, and in some ways I think Hasbro prepping me for the line I love to come. ;).

DecepticonFinishline wrote:I'd love to have a whole G2 set. Defensor got left out of the G2 sets, and is getting left out of Earth Wars too. He's SO underrated... [-(

You can add me to the list of those lamenting the lack of a G2 Defensor. Also, I don't play the mobile app game, but are no other characters being added? How do we know there will be no Defensor?
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952594)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:27pm CDT
Well, this should put all the conspiracy theories to rest, finally, about Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime and Wreck-Gar either being hoaxes or Russian exclusives. I've got a feeling we may be getting quite a number of exclusive PotP figures before we roll into "War for Cybertron (part deux)."

william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

It might make it more clear for fans to label the Takara version of Prime by their toyline's tagline "Arms Micron," to differentiate it from the Hasbro releases of those molds.

Hotconvoy wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Do we know who's in the other figure slot(s) of Wave 3? I assume it's a repack (or two) from a previous wave.

It's going to be two of Jazz per-case

Thanks for that. I had a feeling it was Jazz, but I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be in Wave 4 and I was misremembering what I had read months ago. Here's hoping the Jazz in Wave 3 has been modified to be "MAGA-less."
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952598)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:32pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Um, weren't sites going to band together and NOT post leaks like this that are basically done to milk an image, like a Ken Burns documentary?

This is the first I've heard of about this, was it decided on the back of the titans returns leaks?

I love how they try to hide these images, which makes me question who actuallyleaks them
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952599)
Posted by Rated X on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:35pm CDT
Look the guy with the purple marker is back. Let me leak the artwork but not the photos. Maybe he can leak the trump piss tape too but blot out his head in purple.
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952600)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:36pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

I'd love a proper G2 Defensor set too, but we may have to settle for getting it piecemeal as double homages, such as we have so far with PotP Inferno homaging G2 Hot Spot in torso mode and PotP Wreck-Gar homaging G2 Groove in limb mode. The ideal for me, though, would be to release a proper G2 Defensor set alongside a redux of the G2 Bruticus set, using the space shuttle mold instead of the jet for Blast Off and applying the correct G2 Decepticon faction symbols to the figures as well. Seriously, how did Hasbro get that right initially and THEN screw it up on the third G2 set? Unbelievable.
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952601)
Posted by Rated X on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:39pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Damn....wave 3 already in one of the most remote countries on earth smh. Wave 2 is almost non existant in some of the largest cities in the US. I only found Rippersnapper. At this rate Easter Island will start getting figures before us too...

Further proof that the US is no longer all that important a country.

I sort of agree. No free health insurance, no wave 3 potp....wtf is wrong with my country? :-(
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952604)
Posted by Rated X on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Further proof that the US is no longer all that important a country.

Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952612)
Posted by william-james88 on April 13th, 2018 @ 2:06pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

There is no such thing, each site is run independently. Essenially we want to share everything relevant with the community. If Hasbro tells us to ake it down, then we will. But essentially, anthing posted online for all to see is fair game.
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952618)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 13th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT
The bird is called Giza? After a sawshark Arms Micron? Me thinks they got a bit confused with the pets there, as the only bird associated with a Prime would be RiD 2015 Aerobolt:

Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952620)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on April 13th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT

You'll pardon me if I don't get excited about this. I-)
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952623)
Posted by Hotconvoy on April 13th, 2018 @ 2:25pm CDT
WeatherManNX01 wrote:Looks just like the leaked images that supposedly pointed to Blastoff getting a release using Takara's shuttle mold, a leak that has yet to be backed up in any way.

You'll pardon me if I don't get excited about this. I-)

There's a listing with bio on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Spe ... rtron07-20?tag=seibertron07-20)
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952648)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 13th, 2018 @ 3:27pm CDT
I need a Wreckgar but those who didn't can chuckle at the following image.

Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952677)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 13th, 2018 @ 5:45pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

I asked the design team about Bruticus's faction symbol at the last Botcon, and their response was, "Wait, he doesn't have G2 symbols?"
Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952679)
Posted by Hotconvoy on April 13th, 2018 @ 6:06pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

Re: New POTP Packaging Images with Bio and Giza Reveal for Nemesis Prime and Art for Wreck-Gar (1952684)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 13th, 2018 @ 6:45pm CDT
[quote]Ha ha ha ha :lol: . I realy hope the you're joking, but i know that you're not and that scares me :shock:[/quote]
They seemed genuinely surprised. I imagine that the figure was supposed to have G2 insignias, but that got lost somewhere in translation. Could be something similar to the Jazz MAGA situation.
Transformers products from AMAZON