New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream

New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream

Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 4:55pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 29,182

Greetings Seibertronians! This is a fun tweet that we were alerted to by fellow Seibertron users, Cyberpath and -WonkoTheSane-. Takara Tomy have tweeted out a new image of MP-52 Starscream ver 2.0, standing next to his forebearer, the original Generation 1 Starscream!

Transformers News: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream

The tweet that accompanies the image say thats the same designer that worked on the original Starscream toy is also working on MP-52. It also reminds viewers that the figure can be preordered now, so if you want this forthcoming Masterpiece, get your orders in!

Are you getting this version of Starscream? Do you already have MP-03 and MP-11? Will MP-52 join them? Will you be putting him with his original G1 toy? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084796)
Posted by Lore Keeper on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:13pm CDT
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084798)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:20pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:There's no debate that the MP is an engineering improvement, but there's just something off about it to me. I find it kind of... ugly, to be honest.
I think it's the gray. It's a tad too dark.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084800)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I think it's the gray. It's a tad too dark.

I literally just thought the same thing!!
Really should’ve been a little lighter... His head & face should contrast with that color more.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084801)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I think it's the gray. It's a tad too dark.

May be a camera/monitor thing.
Personally, I think this may be THE MP Starscream MP-11 should have been since the very start. Not counting Meteor that I skipped because IMO, 3P don't count.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084808)
Posted by Lore Keeper on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:36pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I think it's the gray. It's a tad too dark.

May be a camera/monitor thing.

I prefer the more realistic asthetic of MP-11 over the puffy cartoon look, personally. If they could make an MP with that asthetic, but this engineering, I'd consider it perfect.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084815)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 20th, 2020 @ 7:03pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I think it's the gray. It's a tad too dark.

May be a camera/monitor thing.

I prefer the more realistic aesthetic of MP-11 over the puffy cartoon look, personally. If they could make an MP with that aesthetic, but this engineering, I'd consider it perfect.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084829)
Posted by Seibertron on October 20th, 2020 @ 8:43pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:My thoughts exactly. MP-11 was almost perfection, with a few small nitpicks. I don't see how this surpasses it. Like you saud, it's kinda ugly, but for me it's not the gray or light blue. It's more the body itself in robot mode.

I agree. The new one seems too cartoonish and his Seeker boobs look off (the inner hole should be deeper or something, not sure what's off about it). I think I'm also just generally annoyed that we are going to cycle through Masterpiece Seekers again for the 3rd time when there are so many other characters that I'd rather have, especially when I'm very happy with MP-11 Starscream.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084831)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 20th, 2020 @ 9:06pm CDT
Maybe you guys got the Hasbro version of MP-11 at a good price.
For the 300+$CAN I paid, I got scammed with what felt like a regular 60$ leader with his damn loose chest.

Plus this new one being "too cartoony" make it different enough to be worth it IMO.
Let's hope there's no QC or design flaws like for Hound and New-New Optimus.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084841)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 20th, 2020 @ 11:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm also just generally annoyed that we are going to cycle through Masterpiece Seekers again for the 3rd time when there are so many other characters that I'd rather have, especially when I'm very happy with MP-11 Starscream.
Same here. I've been waiting for MP Blaster ever since we got Soundwave. It's not like the engineering is that different.

Anyway, back on topic, obviously they're going for the same result they did with MP-44. Though IMO 44 is an improvement over MP-10. But I think in this case it's too much of a good thing. It's like when you put too much icing on a cake.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084853)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 21st, 2020 @ 7:21am CDT
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084855)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 7:27am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I really liked the overall look of the original Starscream MP, the one that was like steel blue. I loved the more "realistic" look of it. I'm not a big fan of the more cartoony look of this one. I agree the engineering is pretty fantastic though.

I too, ADORE my original MP-03. But I think of him as "Alternate Universe" Starscream. For a more "toon accurate" Screamers MP-11 should have done the job, but I felt betrayed. This newer MP is what will finally satisfy my Toon Screamers need.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084869)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2020 @ 10:19am CDT
Thanks to Burn, AllNewSuperRobot and Cyberpath, we have several online internation listings for the upcoming new Masterpiece Starscream:

For UK you have In Demand Toys and Kapow:

£219.99 ID Toys

£214.95 Kapow Toys

Of Note, ID Toys gives the release date as 'June 2021', Kapow 'July 2021'

Amazon Japan for most people in the world wanting the best deal

19,419 yen ($185 USD) before shipping/fees

And for Australia, here is what our resident Australian found:

Burn wrote:
EB Games pre-order

For the low low price of $50 ... you can place a deposit and pre-order him, then come 30 June 2021 you can take him for an extra $459!
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084871)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 10:56am CDT
So, Will, did you preordered him, or are you skipping?
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084873)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:07am CDT
Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084875)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:18am CDT
hausjam wrote:Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.

Also up on Anime-Export for a similar price.

Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084876)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:18am CDT
hausjam wrote:Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.

Either you got the wrong link, or the price is already increasing due to high demand with the diminishing quantity.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084877)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:20am CDT
I think ¥21,361 is for people living in Japan.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084878)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:22am CDT
Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.21 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.22 AM.PNG
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084879)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:26am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:I think ¥21,361 is for people living in Japan.

I am in the US.

I preordered last week at this price. That is the price it has been all along.

If there is some secret club link to getting that price, please let me know.
Re: New Production Shot of MP-52 Starscream Ver 2.0 with Original G1 Starscream (2084883)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:29am CDT
hausjam wrote:
Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.21 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.22 AM.PNG

Mine shows this price as well

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC Siege Smokescreen 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Ultra Magnus (Meijer/Kohl’s Exclusive) Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S20 CHROMIA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS06 Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects DINOBOT RED SWOOP Deluxe Class Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Ricochet - Stepper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON EARTHRISE MICROMASTER BOMBSHOCK & GROWL BM1" on EBAY