New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout

New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout

Saturday, October 17th, 2020 12:36pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 13,333

Greetings Seibertronians! Takara Tomy have taken to their Twitter account to share the news that preorders will be going live next month for the domestic release of the Target Exclusives (in the USA at least), Thrust and Runabout! Included with the tweets was a brand new image of the figures in question!

Voyager Class Thrust

Transformers News: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout

Deluxe Class Runabout

Transformers News: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout

It is unknown at this point if these two will be Takara Tomy Mall Exclusives or not.

Thrust and Runabout were announced at hasbros streaming event, Fans First Friday, click here for more of the reveals from the event!

Thrust is a redeco of the previously released Amazon Exclusive Dirge and Ramjet two pack (they are themselves retools of the Earthrise seeker mold).

Runabout is a direct redeco of his partner Runamuck.

What did you think of these? Did you manage to secure a preorder? Or are you gambling on finding them in store? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed

Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084359)
Posted by aronjlove on October 17th, 2020 @ 12:58pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
aronjlove wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Part of my Mindwipe's wing/lower-leg broke off a few months ago. This re-release can be an opportunity to replace him. It's a figure I've already experienced though, but he's also part of a "set" (the Rebirth cast.) So it sucks. Is there a price yet?

I'm in the same boat, the very tip of the wing that becomes the back of the leg, and it was the Takara version so this would be a perfect replacement. I also never got Hardhead as I mainly went for the Decepticon Headmasters, ugh, I mean Titanmasters, so I might pick him up if I see him.

Yours, too? #-o

So it can happen again with this new release then?

(Mine was also Takara.)

It all depends on if these are straight re-releases or if they did something with the materials. A few figures in Titans Return used a type of rubbery plastic for pieces, and I've heard reports of the others breaking as well. Specifically, the flap on Skullcruncher/Krok where the Titanmaster sits has broken on a bunch. No idea why they used this type of plastic for the pieces they did.

Went to Target, Walmart, and two Walgreens with zero signs of any new Earthrise. One of the Walgreens did have a shelf sticker for WFC Deluxe but nothing on the shelf. Was hoping to see a Sunstreaker or Bluestreak.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084381)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:07pm CDT
Bombshell0001 wrote:So will Thrust and Runabout be in stores ? Or was the only chance to get them the pre order that I am sure sold out in 3 seconds .

They should be. Leadfoot was similarly sold out of preorders almost instantly, but at least at my Target, they ended up getting two cases of him, at 6 to a case. Same with 'Cracker and Skywarp.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084382)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:21pm CDT
Just got my Airwave today from Pulse (seems they're shipping out Wave 2 Deluxes one-by-one) and I noticed something interesting.

After messing around with them a bit, I noticed that there's shared engineering between Airwave and fellow Decepticon Brunt. Specifically the softer metallic plastic parts and paler orange come from Brunt (knees, hips, wheels, elbows, and chest peg).
ImageImage
Airwave's a nice solid Decepticon, though he isn't as fun of a modulator as Ironworks (who's basically a living set of building blocks). I am head-over-heels for this color-scheme (wish there were more orange and blue guys out there). It's interesting to see that the Titans Return method of shared engineering still lives on with the Weaponizers/Modulators.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084384)
Posted by o.supreme on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:32pm CDT
Yeah Airwave is really good, but in some of his other firms he just seems loose and unfinished, whereas Ironworks ( and Greasepit) seem to have everything tab in nicely together reinforcing the toys strength and stability.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084386)
Posted by aronjlove on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:42pm CDT
Screenshot 2020-10-17 134053.png
Ha!
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084388)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:49pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:
Screenshot 2020-10-17 134053.png
Ha!

Scalpers gonna scalp.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084391)
Posted by transformers_va on October 17th, 2020 @ 4:13pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:
Screenshot 2020-10-17 134053.png
Ha!

Damn! For $20-$30 more, might as well get the MP :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084392)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 17th, 2020 @ 4:17pm CDT
A real pity we can't reach through the screen and strangle these filth.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084417)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 17th, 2020 @ 7:37pm CDT
Well, Wave 2 of Earthrise Deluxe figures are just now trickling out to retail in the U.S., after an eight month wait between Waves. Yet, surprisingly, Seibertronian Mindmaster has already found Wave 3 Deluxes at two different Targets in El Paso, Texas. Photo proof is below.

This Wave, consisting of Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker, seems to be showing up right on time, as most preorders were scheduled for October. Hopefully, this won't mean that Wave 2 will be scarce on the ground.

So are you all excited by this news? Do you plan on picking up any of the figures from this Wave? Let us know below, and happy hunting!
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084421)
Posted by aronjlove on October 17th, 2020 @ 7:57pm CDT
Man, I hit a Target, two Walmarts, and a Walgreens today and found nothing new. The coolest thing on the shelf was a couple of Sky Lynxes at Target, but he was next to five Siege Shockwaves :BANG_HEAD: finally got my $12.99 Siege Springer at a Ross so the trip wasn't a total bust.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084422)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 17th, 2020 @ 8:24pm CDT
Man, Wave 2 hasn't even shown up here in San Jose yet, now Wave 3's coming in and it's gonna be forever until it shows up as well.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084424)
Posted by LordBludgeon on October 17th, 2020 @ 8:45pm CDT
Woah, slow down, I'm still waiting on wave 2 in my area.... unless scalpers are snatching them all up and I have yet to see any. Ha, ha. -sigh-
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084438)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 18th, 2020 @ 1:14am CDT
My target had the new battle masters, so I was finally able to pick up slitherfang and double-crossed, but everyone bis swimming in wave one stuff that they just barely started putting out. Hell, one Walmart has put out 10 cases of the wave 2 as leaders in the last week. Time to drive over to el paso
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084439)
Posted by o.supreme on October 18th, 2020 @ 1:27am CDT
I only want Fasttrack. My original Target online pre order said 11/1, but I cancelled it when Amazon had the deluxe cheaper $18.88) even if after getting pushed back to 11/4. At this point it's unlikely I'll see wave 3 in any Target store before then , so I'll stick with my Amazon pre-order. I just feel sorry for everyone wanting to see wave 2 in store, ER wave 2 could be the next TR wave 5...as in ,. not sold in most stores, which is unfortunate.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084461)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 18th, 2020 @ 9:30am CDT
My wallet! #-o
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084477)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 18th, 2020 @ 12:17pm CDT
That's kind of a bummer that Sunstreaker's chest is the only area with a decent yellow color...
I haven't seen any of this wave, although I don't think I'm getting any of them anyway (really was considering Sunstreaker).
Looks like I'll have some more money for SS86 Slag, Kingdom Galvatron, and hopefully ER Bluestreak.
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084491)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on October 18th, 2020 @ 2:09pm CDT
Here is hoping to see ER wave 3 in the future. I am personally wanting to snag Runamuck and Fasttrack. As others have stated, still hoping to see Wave 2. I have only managed to spot ER Airwave from Wave 2 at a Walmart.

SGM
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084493)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on October 18th, 2020 @ 2:45pm CDT
Wave two hit at one Wal Mart down here, now wave 3 is on it's tails.. The hunt goes on!
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084503)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on October 18th, 2020 @ 5:04pm CDT
What is going on with stores on the east coast ? No wave 2 in MD or PA and now we already have wave 3 in the west . Do I need to chew out a Target toy manager ?
Re: New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout (2084510)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 18th, 2020 @ 7:45pm CDT
Snapdragon thinks Bayverse Bumblebee's head is delicious.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY