New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures

New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures

Saturday, October 17th, 2020 12:54pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 12,412

Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from their announcement of Earthrise Thrust and Runabout, Takara Tomy have turned their attention to Studio Series 86, announcing that, just like before, preorders for the domestic releases of the Transformers Studio Series 86 figures will open next month. Accompanying the news is two group shots of three figures from the Studio Series 86 line.

Deluxe Class 03 Blurr, Deluxe Class 02 Kup and Voyager Class 04 Hot Rod

Transformers News: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures

Leader Class 06 Grimlock and Wheelie, Deluxe Class 01 Jazz and Voyager Class 05 Scourge

The Studio Series 86 range were announced at hasbros streaming event, Fans First Friday, click here for more of the reveals from the event!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084360)
Posted by Black Hat on October 17th, 2020 @ 1:07pm CDT
The more I see of Grimlock the more I like him. The grey bothers me far less than I'd expected- I'd still be tempted to repaint the yellow bits with gold and maybe the internal neck details with chrome but that would be easy enough.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084361)
Posted by Hokutron on October 17th, 2020 @ 1:20pm CDT
Grimlock’s looking pretty sleek, though that is a really, REALLY garnish shade of yellow. It looks kinda out of place.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084362)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 17th, 2020 @ 1:23pm CDT
I think I know what bugs people about Kup:
1. Bad posing - in several shots (including the latest), his ab joint is leaned back when it really shouldn't be, making him look awkward.
He's posed better here.
2. His shoulders are too low. Not quite as bad as on the original toy (dear Primus), but they're still set too far below the neckline. They needed a double-hinge or a slide to let them migrate 5mm or so up from where they currently are. Or have the existing hinge situated higher.
3. The backpack awkwardly sticks out instead of sitting against his back, so it looks like it's floating.

Hm... Maybe I'll be getting Legends Kup after all...
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084363)
Posted by Poly Wraith on October 17th, 2020 @ 1:25pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:The Geewunners versus Bayniacs flame-wars in this thread have gotten stagnant, we need a third faction like the Beasties to get here to change the dynamic of the conflict.

That is so disappointing to me. Both "universes" bring pros and cons to the table so I wish people didn't feel the need to argue and try and prove something.

GeekyGamer Gal wrote:That's the thing, I think us Beasties (Oh, Canada much? :lol: ) would just be so happy to actually get SOMETHING that didn't seem like a randomly thrown in pacifier...

Yeah...it really feels like the attention for BW has been tacked on the past 15+ years. Thrilling to finally be getting something more dedicated to the world of BW. Btw, Hasbro people are always saying "the fans are so passionate" which I hope means they are on these forums reading what we're saying...Hasbro, if you're reading this, thanks for showing us some love by showing BW some love.

Razorbeast88 wrote:...updated Bonecrusher could have an actual face like in IDW comics instead of the old toy looking like the nun from the conjuring
That and I would be hella psyched for an updated B'Boom, Depth Charge, Magmatron, the list goes on and on lol

Fingers crossed they eventually retool kingdom Dinobot to be BW Grimlock. Maybe just wishful thinking, or maybe in generations selects or as a convention exclusive

You are so right about Bonecrusher LOL.
!!GRIMLOCK PLEASE HASBRO!!
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084365)
Posted by Poly Wraith on October 17th, 2020 @ 1:27pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I think I know what bugs people about Kup:
He's posed better here.

Hm... Maybe I'll be getting Legends Kup after all...

To me, the proportions just seems like it's 'Young Kup'.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084367)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 17th, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT

Are Grimlocks dino arms on the wrong sides? Shouldn't the claws be pointing downward? Having them point upward makes it look like he is singing.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084372)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 17th, 2020 @ 2:09pm CDT
Yeah Grimlocks arms are on upside down in that photo, might have been done on purpose by whoever done that photo as a joke though, as you say, to make it look like he's singing :lol:
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084380)
Posted by Poly Wraith on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:01pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Image

Grimlock's arms faced upwards in the 1986 movie so that's why the toy is like that. ;)
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084385)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:32pm CDT
I'm in the extreme minority here, but I like the yellow on Grimlock. The gold has always turned me off. If his thighs were blue instead of black, he'd be Marvel comic accurate.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084387)
Posted by First-Aid on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:47pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I think I know what bugs people about Kup:
He's posed better here.

For me it's the coloring, and I FINALLY put two and two together and figured out what it was: his chest plate. In the movie the chest plate is a light-blueish-grey color; in this production model it's just too dark and doesn't provide color contrast, making this chest very boring. If they were to replace that translucent blue with a solid bluish-light grey, I think he'd look almost perfect.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084389)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on October 17th, 2020 @ 3:50pm CDT
I still can't decide if I want to get this Kup or stick with my generations Kup with the iGear upgrade.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084402)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 17th, 2020 @ 5:57pm CDT
Poly Wraith wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Question, for those complaining about the 86 line, will you feel the same way if the next subline is based on the Beast Wars movie(s)?

...the Beast Wars movie has to happen in the first place :lol:

Exactly...matter of fact it hasn't even been officially announced, right? What was the point of this question?

I was under the impression that the Japanese Beast Wars series got a "Movie" or two during its lifetime. Something that bridged between BW II and Neo? If I'm wrong, my bad. My point in asking was looking at the broader probability that the 86 line is the first step in expanding Studio Series beyond just the live action films and including all Transformers cinematic media.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084403)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2020 @ 6:00pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I was under the impression that the Japanese Beast Wars series got a "Movie" or two during its lifetime.
You are correct. The others who responded to your post didn't understand that that's what you meant and instead thought you were talking about the rumored Beast Wars movie that may or may not be coming from Hollywood.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084405)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 17th, 2020 @ 6:26pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

That may also provide possibilities, like that Bay-verse Primal :lol:

As for the BWII Movie, that was more of a side-story happening in the middle of the series. Run-of-the-mill stuff if you're an anime fan, except they did buck tradition a bit by not reusing transformation stock footage from the series, instead newly animating some especially for the movie.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084409)
Posted by Talon523 on October 17th, 2020 @ 6:41pm CDT
I absolutely hate Kup's head sculpt. It's like Hasbro did a crossover with the live action skeletor. I also think Blur's chin is too big.

I've pre-ordered the rest. I'll buy everything as long as the head sculpts reflect the characters accurately.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084411)
Posted by NeonPrime on October 17th, 2020 @ 6:59pm CDT
Any word yet on whether Wheelie transformers?
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084412)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 17th, 2020 @ 7:02pm CDT
Also, given that the Beast Wars II movie waz exclusively Japanese, its not likely to be on Hasbro's radar. Again, the only reason that Studio Series 86 exists is because there was no more room in Kingdom.

Edit:

Wheelie is a poseable non-transforming figure
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084415)
Posted by o.supreme on October 17th, 2020 @ 7:24pm CDT
Probably going to be some unpopular opinions here but just to reiterate, as a fan of the original series, these toys look great, but I do feel bad for SS fans as this line has been infiltrated by TFTM based toys. They Should have been their own subline.

But then again to all those fans complaining "there's too much G1"....well when most off these toys pre-orders sell out on Hasbro Pulse , you can see why they will continue to remake these classic characters. I went to Walmart today, most of the Netflix an ER toys they had were gone, but plenty of Cyberverse and SS sitting on shelves.

I sincerely hope the kingdom line does well, even though I'll only be getting a few of them. I'm mean for my dollars, more original Series Transformers is always good. But if you want more of other eras, or more new stuff, support it with your purchases. Actually the only Kingdom toys I've pre ordered so far are the Fossilizers which are arguably all new creations.

Edit-For the record the BWII movie is amazing fun, its nice the fansub is readily available, but I'd absolutely support an official release in North America. Also, until it comes from someone at Hasbro, I still don't believe SS 86 are just leftover Kingdom Toys, it doesn't make any logical sense.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084416)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 17th, 2020 @ 7:31pm CDT
Pretty sure people are saying they're overflow, not leftover.
Re: New Production Shots of Transformers Studio Series 86 Figures (2084418)
Posted by sol magnus on October 17th, 2020 @ 7:38pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm fairly certain that Grimlock used his sword often during the series, I remember seeing it more than his rifle. I'm calling it now, Daniel is going to be a retool of Whelie

I don't recall a single instance of Grimlock using his sword in the series.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "transformers robots in disguise. Lot MIB, Strongarm and Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction SLOG Voyager Class Dinobot Factory Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AD-14 JOLT Movie Advanced Series Takara Complete Rare!" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Powertrain Highjump Micromaster MOC" on EBAY
Buy "BNIP: Mcdonalds Transformers Strongarm Action Figure Happy Meal Toy, 2016!!!" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Robots in Disguise Hasbro 2002 Basic Used as pictured" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kre-O Robots in Disguise Decepticon Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY