New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy

New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy

Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 8:47am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 13,302

Following on from the latest pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime, we now have word that Takara Tomy have created and uploaded to their YouTube channel a trailer for this hotly anticipated Masterpiece figure. We have embedded the video for you to watch below!

MP-44 is stated for a release in August and comes with a whole host of accessories including Starscreams head so you can replicate scenes from the G1 cartoon episode "Megatron's Master Plan". Also included are three human figures representing Sparkplug, Spike and Carly.

Are you looking forward to this release? Or are you still on the fence? Does this video do anything to sway your opinion? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998245)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on December 11th, 2018 @ 10:18am CST
I do like this new prime, however...

What drew me to the masterpiece line was the perfect blend of original toy design and cartoon style. I really liked having the details from the g1 toy incorporated into the sculpts of the mp figures. I also really loved how the spirit of the g1 transformation was also put into them. to me, thats what made them masterpieces. I do appreciate the new almost cartoon perfect approach, and I think its well executed, but it does take away from the beauty of the toys imho. not knocking the design and effort it takes to pull this off, its astounding to see what they can engineer now. but maybe they are taking it a bit too far.

my feelings on that, added to the astronomical price (i understand having way more parts to accommodate the transformation means higher tolerances, higher piece-count which equals higher price)means I really can not justify buying this. sad too since one of the gas tanks on my mp10 just fell off. :-(
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998248)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 11th, 2018 @ 10:25am CST
Immortal Starscream wrote:I do like this new prime, however...

This is how I feel, except I do knock the design and effort because it is in my opinion effort expended unnecessarily and in completely the wrong direction. It's like messing up on a math problem through overthinking, the thought and effort put in doesn't make you any less wrong.

As to your MP-10's fuel tank.. Krazy-Glue is cheap
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998338)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on December 11th, 2018 @ 4:22pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:I do like this new prime, however...

As to your MP-10's fuel tank.. Krazy-Glue is cheap

the pin joint on the inside just crumbled. I could glue it, but it would never be move-able. I still want to be able to transform it. maybe I will wait and look for a cheap junker mp10 and swap parts
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998355)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 11th, 2018 @ 5:53pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:The more I look at this thing, the more I want it.
Price be damned.

Eh, I'm about to buy a 1000$ doll so a 600$ Transformers is not that far fetched. But one thing is sure, I'll be watching and reading a TONS of reviews before committing.

Out of total curiosity, what's the doll you're buying? Is it one of the larger scales?

So that transformation scheme looks like the best part to me because of how intricate it is, but I do wish we'd move away from cartoon accuracy... Maybe when the cast is complete we can finally look to the future again.

I'm looking into the 1/3 Dollfie Dream. Especially DD Hatsune Miku or the very elusive DDS Kagamine Rin. Those things are impossible to get from the primary source (Volks) at the "reasonable" 70000 yen price. The only way to get them is on the secondary market at a 10K yen or even 40K yen mark-up.

To put things in perspective, just imagine if the new MP Optimus 3.0 was only offered by Takara. Only 500 would be produced. Then for the preorders, people would have to ENTER A LOTTERY just to WIN THE RIGHT TO PREORDER. Then once you won, you get your 50K yen Optimus. Plus you have to pay shipping and other fees on top, of course.

Finally, half if not 3/4 of the preorders were won by resellers. Now the only way to get the new MP Optimus is from random stores or Ebay and he cost at the very least 1000$US.

That's the luxury doll world in a nutshell! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998357)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 11th, 2018 @ 5:56pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:The more I look at this thing, the more I want it.
Price be damned.

That's the luxury doll world in a nutshell! :HEADHURTS:

Wow :shock: thanks for explaining :)
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998363)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 11th, 2018 @ 6:25pm CST
The cartoon comparisons included a clip from an AKOM episode?!? Sweet Primus, now making the toy accurate to THAT really would be the epitome of wasted effort.
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998378)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 11th, 2018 @ 8:23pm CST
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998391)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 11th, 2018 @ 10:40pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Why, because AKOM actually inked the cab stripe as shiny white instead of inking the entire cab red?
Because it opens the door to Takara milking this and future Masterpiece molds by rereleasing it in a new single-shot-coloring-error-accurate deco every year. I'm genuinely troubled that one of the extra heads isn't the Rebirth grey-mohawk deco.
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998413)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 12th, 2018 @ 1:25am CST
that group shot needs Jazz and Mirage :(
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998421)
Posted by kiwijinxter on December 12th, 2018 @ 4:25am CST
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998467)
Posted by KVO Prime on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:48am CST
It better have like 40 sound clips of Peter Cullen saying stuff
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998469)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:54am CST
kiwijinxter wrote:I REALLY hate the fact that I'm feeling suckered kicking and screaming into buying the MP44, I've loved my MP10 to bits, but if this figure ends up being a whole heap better with better quality (maybe more die cast metal parts like the MP01), I may well "upgrade" from the MP10 to the MP44... but I seriously hope they drop a $100 or so...!

Die cast =/= quality
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998489)
Posted by kiwijinxter on December 12th, 2018 @ 1:02pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Die cast =/= quality

True, I just like the weight :)
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998510)
Posted by Emerje on December 12th, 2018 @ 3:33pm CST
KVO Prime wrote:It better have like 40 sound clips of Peter Cullen saying stuff

Curious if Hasbro's release will even have Cullen clips at all. If it's a straight release of Takara Tomy's release then expect it to retain the Japanese audio. Guess we'll have to see how hard Hasbro promotes it at Toy Fair in February, maybe they'll surprise us.

Emerje
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998530)
Posted by TulioDude on December 12th, 2018 @ 4:52pm CST
So he turns inside out,leaving little trace of the vehicle behind...they could use this method if they decide to do Movie Galvatron... :-?
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998555)
Posted by User897 on December 12th, 2018 @ 6:51pm CST
Still nope. MP-10 is king.
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998595)
Posted by Optimus Prime 23 on December 13th, 2018 @ 1:45am CST
User897 wrote:Still nope. MP-10 is king.

Sorry, bro. There's a new sheriff in town. And his name's MP-44.
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998600)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 13th, 2018 @ 4:46am CST
Optimus Prime 23 wrote:
User897 wrote:Still nope. MP-10 is king.

Sorry, bro. There's a new sheriff in town. And his name's MP-44.

For the looks. Yet.
But for the asking price, what will be the quality? How will it feel in hand? Will it have annoying detachable parts like MP-10's fingers? Will it feel "soft" and "hollow"? Will it feel damn premium at any times in hand like MP-01?

I'm seriously looking forward the video reviews to find out.
Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998625)
Posted by william-james88 on December 13th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Do you want a beautiful G1 Optimus Prime to receate iconic poses? But you can't afford MP-44? Well, some fans have been having fun using Transformers WFC Siege Optimus Prime and recreating all the poses used in the Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Ver 3 listings. Below you can see an image that recreates the famous movie pose among others that served to show poses MP-44 could do. While tongue in cheek, this does show that the latest Siege Optimus Prime toy is very poseable and has great articulation. Of course these are different scales, but it comes to show that some of the fun MP-44 may bring can be had right now with a much cheaper toy. And in the end, isn't fun what toys are all about? These were posted by TF Fan Xavier on Facebook and by Skyfire Prime on our boards.

Enjoy!

MP-44

Siege Optimus

Re: New Promo Video for MP-44 Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy (1998627)
Posted by Quantum Surge on December 13th, 2018 @ 9:54am CST
I hate sounding rude, but I kind of feel this belongs more in a non-news related category than being viewed as actual news (kind of like the post regarding how Cyberverse Shockwave fits in a CHUG collection)

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY