New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Monday, January 13th, 2014 10:03pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,707

Site sponsor TFsource just uploaded several new images of recently revealed Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack! Check out the great new prototype images below, they give us good looks at the highly anticipated figure in both modes. Pre-order yours at TFsource by clicking here.

Update: Shogo Hasui has also tweeted an image of the prototype from a slightly different angle. It's been added to the images below.

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Credit(s): TFsource, Shogo Hasui

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 8:46am CST

Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541726)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 13th, 2014 @ 10:04pm CST
The TFSource Facebook page has posted five additional images to give us a better and clearer look at the MP-20 Wheeljack prototype. They give us more angles to study this newest Masterpiece in both robot and alt modes. It even shows us Wheeljack with out his weapon in hand. Check out the pictures mirrored below.

Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541727)
Posted by EagleTron on January 13th, 2014 @ 10:08pm CST
OMG, I can't look any more. This what it seems like to be Transformers perfection is blinding me.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541730)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 13th, 2014 @ 10:21pm CST
I am seriously excited for this figure. So far, it looks awesome.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541731)
Posted by megatronus on January 13th, 2014 @ 10:21pm CST
That head sculpt is to die for. The bot mode looks OK, but I think it will improve with color.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541734)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 13th, 2014 @ 10:32pm CST
Looks great from the ankles up.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541749)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 13th, 2014 @ 11:24pm CST
I feel like there's something about this one that takes it a good notch or 2 down from MP-10 through 19... I'm not quite sure what though. :-?
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541750)
Posted by 80sgeek on January 13th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CST
I hope that split in the roof is due to mirror casting for the prototype and the final mold is one piece. Also, am I the only one that feels that the shoulder rocket is a little to, um, phallic? Or is it a tampon launcher now? Either, way it doesn't look right/appropriate.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541751)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 13th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CST
Looks pretty sweet. I love the head sculpt but i'm really excited for that car mode and some colour photos.

I hope for a pristine Takara paint job on this release. A real primo spare no expense type of paint job.

Wheeljack has my favourite alt mode of all the car formers......ever.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541752)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 13th, 2014 @ 11:33pm CST
80sgeek wrote:am I the only one that feels that the shoulder rocket is a little to, um, phallic? Or is it a tampon launcher now? Either, way it doesn't look right/appropriate.

I looked really, really hard and I don't see it... Just looks like a rocket launcher to me? :-?
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541754)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on January 13th, 2014 @ 11:36pm CST
I think once the painted design is on the roof, the split will be less noticeable.

I would like them to simplify his hand guards to be more like the g1 toy and also g1 animation.

I hope the wings are the clear smokey gray just like the G1 toy!!!!!!

Shoulder cannon is g1 accurate...so its all good!
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541770)
Posted by morphobots on January 14th, 2014 @ 12:23am CST
Stormrider wrote:
El Duque wrote:They could have also went with the Immobilizer.

Or the remaining four MP Dinobots, either would be fine I guess.

lol. I'll take the latter please.

Might I suggest something a tad more attainable which would also provide enhanced MP interaction and display possibilities: the reformatted brain module he developed for Grimlock?
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541779)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 14th, 2014 @ 1:16am CST
Car mode is pure sex, coz the lancia stratos all beefed up just is.

Robot mode is okay. Couple things right, couple things eh... like those thighs being super thin. I'll take the Generations robot mode over this, even if it ain't as G1.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541783)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 14th, 2014 @ 1:34am CST
So nice. I do agree his thighs are looking a little skinny, and somehow he could use a bit more detail, but otherwise... so good. I can't wait! :D
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541784)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on January 14th, 2014 @ 1:37am CST
Hope he comes with his shock blast cannon! :D
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541796)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 14th, 2014 @ 3:16am CST
The designer posted a photo, too:

MPシリーズ最新作「MP-20ホイルジャック」の情報が本日より解禁です。設定通りランチアストラトス ターボからの完全変形を実現していますよ。予約を受け付けている店舗もありますので、チェックしてみてください#TT_TF
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541797)
Posted by frogbat on January 14th, 2014 @ 3:42am CST
Wheeljack was the 2nd ever tf I owned. It was an Italian GIG diaclone import with the big orange dumbbells. I think I was quite disappointed with his robot mode and he definitely was kept in his car form most of the time. I remember also losing the things on his back and in play, I'd imagine the side thingies on his head light up as he explained his latest crazy contraption to prime.

i said to myself that i will stop buying masterpieces - in fact I haven't since they introduced mp10 prime and skipped rodimus too. I wasn't too enthused with sideswipe etc... but somehow I just ordered smokescreen and well this wheeljack will probably join him as will soundwave and ultra magnus :(

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541798)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 14th, 2014 @ 4:00am CST
Pre-ordered from HLJ! I have good experience with them.

But Anime Export is even $8 cheaper. Has anyone ever tried them?
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541802)
Posted by DinobotSix on January 14th, 2014 @ 4:32am CST
Wow!!! Sure, there are a few minor things...(thighs a bit thin and rocket is a bit too fat at the tip. Don't remember any "knuckle guards" on the hand covers either) but...I DONT CARE. This is freakin awesome lookin!!! Can't wait to see it painted!!! The screw beneath the windshield will doubtlessly be painted and far less visible when finished.

The Amazon extra IS a bit tiny, but it comes from the early, classic Ultimate Doom serial...so I think it's fine....unless of course Slag, Sludge, Swoop and Snarl ARE an option!! =D. The Negavator or the Immobilizer would have been cooler lookin no doubt. Or Maybe a Teletran 1 console.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541805)
Posted by wewyllenium on January 14th, 2014 @ 5:36am CST
I love the way the wheels hide in the legs and the body. Transformation seems simple enough. I like.
Re: New Prototype Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1541806)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 14th, 2014 @ 6:13am CST
This is yet another home run for the Masterpiece line. It makes me even sadder that the current designer has left and we are getting the original designer back.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Impactor+Earthrise Micromaster Astro Squad" on EBAY