New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal

Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 12:21pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,691

Courtesy of Twitter user tagoal, who has been effectively live-tweeting the programming on Japanese channel Tokyo MX, we have some new renders for the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Primal. The images, mirrored below, give us an idea of how the transformation on the figure might work - you can sort of see the stomach to chest conversion, and some further panelling - and how it compares to the two modes from the animated series. Check them out, and keep the discussion going in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal

Credit(s): tagoal

Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757125)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:05pm CST
That has to be the best-proportioned season 1 Primal toy design we've ever gotten.

But the big heels on the feet in both modes concern me.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757129)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:17pm CST
So Cool!

:-D :APPLAUSE: :DANCE:
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757131)
Posted by Seibertron on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:20pm CST
Emerje wrote:I'm sure. I thought I was being careful, but a put some pressure on the back of the part to get it on the back of Magnaboss' head and the whole piece caved in. TFWiki says GPS is rare on him, but I think it's more like owners just don't transform him enough to notice.

It's not rare on him, just have to be careful. All it takes is one little slip up unfortunately. Mine has survived so far, but mostly because of lack of use. I have a few backups from the Seibertron.com store though that I'm holding on to just in case. :D
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757135)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:36pm CST
I'm liking the look and the aesthetic. I likes a lot. :BOT:
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757136)
Posted by william-james88 on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:38pm CST

Cant wait to see this guy in finished to form!
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757150)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Ok, I am back in. They are doing a totally new and different transformation here. And I get it. The gorilla head is far better proportioned and thus too small to turn into the chest. So instead, it fold into the backpak.

Cant wait to see this guy in finished to form!

Welcome back aboard the hype train :DANCE:

I cannot wait to seem more of this guy, weighed down only slightly by the appearance of a button on his back that might interfere with his articulation - still cautiously hyped :DANCE:
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757154)
Posted by Mkall on January 19th, 2016 @ 1:57pm CST
*sigh* I think I'll have to get this and BWMP Megatron whenever it comes out.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757209)
Posted by Overcracker on January 19th, 2016 @ 3:46pm CST
Color me intrigued. The general wire frame render looks quite interesting. However, was the chest thumping gimmick of the original so iconic we need to recreate it on the MP version? I would have been happy with all the accessories, and a head swapping gimmick.

But, I just keep wanting this guy more and more the more we see of him.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757230)
Posted by dragons on January 19th, 2016 @ 4:47pm CST
Could at least bot arms in beast mode to make it more beast like instead half beast and robot in gorilla mode
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757244)
Posted by kurthy on January 19th, 2016 @ 5:36pm CST
I have to admit, it looks pretty awesome.

Too bad I won't be getting one. I'm holding out hope for MP transmetal OP and Megatron. I need monkeys on skateboards and dinosaurs on rollerskates.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757274)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 19th, 2016 @ 7:21pm CST
kurthy wrote:I have to admit, it looks pretty awesome.

That's a shame; but why are you hoping for a MP TM o/p and megs?

They are already show accurate, and fully functional and poseable. If you were saying a re-issue (in new non-breaking plastics) I could get behind that, but not MP's of them - unless you just wan them to get bigger figures :-?

I could see megs' mp getting rolling wheels, multi-directional fans, gun barrels molded into the dino fingers, and alternate tail-claw plug-in's for a golden disk accessory. Don't get me wrong, they'd be great, I'm just wondering why you are holding out for this, when there doesn't really seem to be a reason for them.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757275)
Posted by Zeedust on January 19th, 2016 @ 7:21pm CST
This is beautiful. My only complaint is that I'll have to pay import prices because Hasbro has decided to snub Beast Wars entirely.

Hope we get a Megatron to go with.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757276)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 19th, 2016 @ 7:24pm CST
Only BW fig I own

Magmatron
Big
Lio
Glamvatron 8-}
Megastorm
BB and Starsrem
Dirge and Thrust

That's how I "despise" the line ;) but this munkky is sooooo bought the moment the pre-orders are in!

He just looks soooooooo KONG!
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757278)
Posted by Emerje on January 19th, 2016 @ 7:25pm CST
Meh.

Bot mode looks OK, but from what we've seen I just can't get behind that gorilla mode. Just doesn't feel like a Masterpiece to me, more like a Voyager or maybe a Leader. Perhaps the actual figure will win me over, we'll see.

I'm still going to buy it either way since it's a Masterpiece, but I wont be happy about it. :lol:

Emerje
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757286)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 19th, 2016 @ 7:32pm CST
Emerje wrote:Meh.

Emerje

And yet, no one has answered my question: What are they supposed to do to make it look like a fully-fur-covered gorilla? - unless you are referring to some issue that I cannot glean...

Seriously, he is working with minimal mass, they would have to have an extraordinary amount of panel forming to cover all of his bot parts...

I can sympathize that those parts will stand out when molded in white plastic, but my point remains, that TT just can't do it and have him be an equitable, poseable, over-fiddly, toy [-(
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757301)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 19th, 2016 @ 8:03pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:Meh.

Emerje

Sticking felt like materials (?) on the surface or mold the "organic" monkey part surface in a fuzzy like consistency?
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757303)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 19th, 2016 @ 8:07pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:Meh.

Emerje

Well they probably will be, these are just the wire-frame, base render, textures would have a separate layer, and the textured molding would also have a separate layer. Turning them off lets you see the model in better detail.
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757307)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 19th, 2016 @ 8:19pm CST
will it have real fur :-?
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757310)
Posted by Cobotron on January 19th, 2016 @ 8:29pm CST
It would be hilarious if it was flocked.

Like this...

Hilariously disappointing. >:oP
Re: New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal (1757313)
Posted by Zeedust on January 19th, 2016 @ 8:31pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:will it have real fur :-?

I think gorillas are an endangered species, so probably not. :-D

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Skytread" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bumblebee RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Cliffjumper RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 USED" on EBAY
Buy "KRe-O Transformers KIT #A4583 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Autobot Jazz Hasabro" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o Transformers Loose Lot Optimus Beast Hunters Starscream Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Arcee loose COMPLETE" on EBAY