Tuesday, March 14th, 2017 2:55pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 32,575

With March Madness upon us, it seems Transformers has decided to get in on the fun! A new Robots in Disguise commercial was shown off on their Facebook feed, and features Crash Combiners Sideswipe and Bumblebee, Activator Combiner Strongarm, and Warrior Soundwave doing some fun stuff with the sport of Basketball. Check out the video below!

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook Page

Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866543)
Posted by Kurona on March 14th, 2017 @ 2:59pm CDT
... damn. That Warrior Soundwave looks too good... :michaelbay:
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866546)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2017 @ 3:14pm CDT
That sure sounded like a male voice saying "Whoa!" when Strongarm hit the billboard and bounced backward from it.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866548)
Posted by RAR on March 14th, 2017 @ 3:29pm CDT
Has anyone got a link to the videos that does not involve Facebook ?
(perhaps the seibertron account can mirror them?)

Also did this get missed out - I don't recall it being linked too before :

Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866565)
Posted by Dr Lockdown on March 14th, 2017 @ 6:09pm CDT
"Stop motion photography used"

Not only that, YOU USED GUNDAM MARKER!
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866608)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 14th, 2017 @ 11:53pm CDT
Dr Lockdown wrote:"Stop motion photography used"

Not only that, YOU USED GUNDAM MARKER!

Horridly applied marker at that.

Also, I recognize that Transformers: Prime score anywhere, 0:27.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866609)
Posted by Dr Lockdown on March 15th, 2017 @ 12:22am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Dr Lockdown wrote:"Stop motion photography used"

Not only that, YOU USED GUNDAM MARKER!

Horridly applied marker at that.

Also, I recognize that Transformers: Prime score anywhere, 0:27.

Ah...I miss TFP. I wish Netflix would make a Transformers series for adults.

Or Studio Trigger.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866626)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 15th, 2017 @ 1:25am CDT
*ahem*

Isn't he the cutest fwoggywoggy? Yes he is, yes he is :x

I should stop passing on him... maybe make him a spokesfrog for thread derailing
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866655)
Posted by Cobotron on March 15th, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Topic: Is Scorponok worth picking up? He's started showing up in my local toy store and he looks pretty cool.
He's pretty great. I put him on that top tier of awesome Decepticons from the line. His bot mode has that great evil brooding posture to it. The parts formy nature of his pincers is strange, but they don't detach, and in the end it works well and makes for an interesting transformation.
Plus he comes with that dope scimitar! ;)^
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866689)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:15am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:*ahem*

Isn't he the cutest fwoggywoggy? Yes he is, yes he is :x

If you're going to use him as a thread dereailer, at least let me take a better picture! That guy was frikkin' bigfoot the day I took that pic. My phone just couldn't focus no matter what.

Also, stop passing on him. He is worth every penny
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866691)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:20am CDT
Praise Doradus! That Amphiboid is adorable!
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866757)
Posted by RAR on March 15th, 2017 @ 1:51pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Anyone seen Ratchet yet in the UK? I really want Ratchet.

Me too - and Bisk and Scatterspike - I don't know yet what the case stuffers are for the Thermidor/Bludgeon wave - but I suspect there is at least a chance some of the wave might show up - if only by judging what Toyfair Australia had on their displays.

When BBTS or someone puts that case pre-order up I guess I'll know but as is I think I may have to just order them on Amazon (reluctantly) or import them some other way - I had the same problem with not being able to get half of the Predacons Rising or Clash of the Transformers stuff either.

I'm especially irked by not having that black and red Optimus warrior class or the alternative Megatronus & Grey/blue sideswipe.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866778)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 15th, 2017 @ 2:28pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:RID toys. Go!

*doesn't have any RiD toys*

...dangit!
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866781)
Posted by Kurona on March 15th, 2017 @ 2:30pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Cobotron wrote:RID toys. Go!

*doesn't have any RiD toys*

...dangit!

I've got non-Weaponiser Dragonus!

He's not that great but I like him to some sort of degree!
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866783)
Posted by o.supreme on March 15th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Oooooooooooooooooooo? /:)

Seriously guys. RID toys. Go!

searches random stores, mostly futilely for Cyclone Mini-Cons. Patiently waits for RiD Combiners, that's about all I got.

If all that other stuff could be moved, yeah that would be great, I'd love to continue it elsewhere. Thank you.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866784)
Posted by Evil Eye on March 15th, 2017 @ 2:39pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Cobotron wrote:RID toys. Go!

*doesn't have any RiD toys*

...dangit!

I've got non-Weaponiser Dragonus!

He's not that great but I like him to some sort of degree!

The Mini-cons in general have been a joy so far. I've got Sandsting, Ratbat and Divebomb and even with their minimal articulation they're just so much fun. I need to get myself a Dragonus, a Back and possibly an Airrazor (if I can get one separately). Maybe even Glacius and Swelter. Hell, I want them all!

I dunno. Teeny tiny robots scratch a very specific itch.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866786)
Posted by Kurona on March 15th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
Eh, my main problem is that he can't do anything. If he could move his arms and head a little or if he could turn into some sort of accessory for a larger figure. And I don't mean a vaguely torpedo-esque shape being fired underwhelmingly by a brick.

It's why I want the Weaponiser version. Sure he's got a weird edgy new colour scheme going on, but dammit, he can be a gun for Bruticus now!
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866788)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 15th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Cobotron wrote:RID toys. Go!

*doesn't have any RiD toys*

...dangit!

I've got non-Weaponiser Dragonus!

He's not that great but I like him to some sort of degree!

I dunno. Teeny tiny robots scratch a very specific itch.

I got my Airazor from a deployer Fracture on sale for $9 on ebay, so i'd take a peek there!
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866798)
Posted by o.supreme on March 15th, 2017 @ 3:01pm CDT

Carzybolt on the other hand...ugh....why he was never released in the U.S. still puzzles me to this day, as is the case with *most* Cyclones.
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866799)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 15th, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:All the deployers that were readily available (Drift in either color, Fracture, and Overload) have been super cheap, as stated above $9 recently on Amazon & HTS, though I don't think they are there now, but yu can probably find them by other means relatively inexpensively.

Crazybolt and the weaponizers are a sore point for me. I really wanted them but could never see them
Re: New Robots in Disguise Commercial with Soundwave, Activator, and Crash Combiners (1866809)
Posted by Cobotron on March 15th, 2017 @ 3:10pm CDT
I wasn't that miffed about the Weaponizers not showing up in the states, or at least my part, until I saw the show.

I had to pester some random Canadian dude to find them for me.
I'm very thankful for random Canadians. :D

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Combiner Wars 2015 G2 Deluxe Class Air Raid Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers BumbleBee Studio Series Dropkick 22 Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers generations armada starscream" on EBAY