New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR

New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR

Monday, May 18th, 2009 9:52pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 32,519

Seibertron.com is proud to present its first ROTF gallery almost two weeks prior to the official release date of the new highly anticipated toy line. Behold, the evil Decepticon DEMOLISHOR! View the full gallery here and check back throughout this week for more ROTF galleries!

New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR

New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR

New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR

Credit(s): Seibertron

Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923281)
Posted by ultra_magus on May 18th, 2009 @ 10:05pm CDT
I've never been a fan of the movie line figures, but this looks like the worst of a bad bunch. Does this apeal to ANYONE? People have argued that, as aliens, Transformers would not neccessarily be humanoid, but a bad design is a bad design, surely?
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923283)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on May 18th, 2009 @ 10:15pm CDT
I know it is fairly accurate to the movie, but that is THE UGLIEST bot mode I have seen on a transformer in quite some time.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923290)
Posted by Zeds on May 18th, 2009 @ 10:26pm CDT
Ohhhhh. I just tasted my dinner from three hours ago. Excuse me while I go hug my toilet and throw up. Before I go though this has my vote for the biggest shelf warmer of the line. Watch this be in a case assortment of 4 figures and there are two of these wastes of plastic out of the 4.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923310)
Posted by harvester on May 18th, 2009 @ 10:57pm CDT
If the arms could rotate at the elbows and maybe even the hands too, it would make the fig much much better. I'd probably have no complaints if it had that [and combination].

With it lacking those two things, it's hard to justify that it's a good fig, but Id still say the worst fig is Armada Sideswipe

Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923314)
Posted by Kibble on May 18th, 2009 @ 11:02pm CDT
Sofa king tara bowl. The other constructicons I've seen are nearly as fugly, too.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923325)
Posted by Blurrz on May 18th, 2009 @ 11:42pm CDT
I don't really like how this toy rolls, if you catch my drift :P
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923328)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 18th, 2009 @ 11:56pm CDT
Worst Transformer ever created
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923336)
Posted by travicon on May 19th, 2009 @ 12:24am CDT
yeah looks pretty crappy but you gotta give ryan photog props, i mean in a couple of the shots the fig doesnt look too bad.

edit: does hasbro pay you Ryan to do these galleries? if not they should becasue i think your pics are decision making helpers and help hasbro make a lot of sales. like if im on the fence about a certin fig i look up their gallery here and see that if posed right it can make a nice display piece i'll get it.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923341)
Posted by Ironhide63 on May 19th, 2009 @ 12:44am CDT
no matter how crappy the figure is it'll work brilliant on screen, and for that fact(probably the only one) i will definalty add this to my TF collection...even if it doesn't move and just collects dust :grin:
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923345)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 19th, 2009 @ 12:54am CDT
Props where props are due, I now appreciate Armada Sideswipe for the engineering marvel that he is...

And Hasbro needs to re-evaluate their conversion level ratings, I'm sure that Demolishor is barely a level 1 toy, whereas the deluxes will be closer to levels 3 and 4...
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923351)
Posted by Bumblebeast on May 19th, 2009 @ 1:15am CDT
What a waste of plastic. The Earth hates you, Demolishor.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923364)
Posted by jaydisc on May 19th, 2009 @ 3:06am CDT
Great photos as always.

I was hoping that this guy was capable of the sort of motorcycle-mode you see him in a few shots in the trailer, but no pics like that were shown. Does the mold not "support" that look?
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923365)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 19th, 2009 @ 3:09am CDT
If they are alien and dont have to have humanoid bodies then why do they all have fairly humanoid heads/faces?

This is possibly the most laughable attempt at a Transformer ever. It must have been designed by the work placement lad.

I'm predicting the shelves will be nice and warm this summer.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923369)
Posted by MNsor on May 19th, 2009 @ 3:21am CDT
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923370)
Posted by Mach on May 19th, 2009 @ 3:22am CDT
Quite an unusual robot.... but this thing got a fairly nice alternate mode
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923374)
Posted by TheAllSpark on May 19th, 2009 @ 3:35am CDT
DEfinatly not getting my attention and my money... Trash!
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923381)
Posted by Warbreaker on May 19th, 2009 @ 4:22am CDT
*Holds up a military-grade Flame Shield*

Well, I think he's a great fig, and I like how such a boxy, compact, slow vehicle designed for creating buildings turns into a thin-bodied, lithe and fast destroyer. I have him as my first '09 movie figure just before getting Voyager Megatron and Starscream (awesome toys too, latter's really an improvement over his predecessor) and he doesn't disappoint, especially once I found how to stand him up in various ways (having one wheel for a foot's probably the biggest gripe about him from the fandom if I may say so myself).

jaydisc wrote:Great photos as always.

It does, You can bend his wheels backwards and forwards and rotate his head upwards to simulate the motorcycle-mode, though the head might be abit obstructed by the front wheel. His large wheels roll as well, albeit on a wobbly ratchet joint. Not a bad figure at all, no siree.

MNsor wrote:Demolishor is one (if not THE ONE) of my favourite and most anticipated figure from the ROTF line. I must admitt it could have been finished better, I'm not blind, or, even better, it could have been given the leader class treatmente, but I like it after all. It just leaves the same unfinished taste that had blackout and bonecrusher from the 1st movie - the latter are also my favourite from their line. I hope justice will be done to these 3 models; meanwhile I cherish the original design that makes it a pretty impressive character when in the right size (see trailer). I like it so much that I'd rather skip the preview figures (they've yet to come out here in Italy) and jump forward to this one!

True, he's not exactly in-scale given his massive size in the trailer but he can still be a fun figure - I find his Mech-alive Gimmick more noticeable (and hence more interesting) than Starscream's - just be careful of his brown handrails - made of rigid plastic, a small bend can cause the things to get stress-marks.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923388)
Posted by bossbot on May 19th, 2009 @ 5:19am CDT
^ what Warbreaker said

I like it to....its so weirdly out there that it actualy becomes cool.....
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923391)
Posted by JesWal on May 19th, 2009 @ 5:50am CDT

:shock: You, my friend, are a lone onion in a sea of spuds. :shock:

This has to be the worst figure of the line. I like the look of the CGI model, as I think it looks quite menacing. But this is just embarassing.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: DEMOLISHOR (923394)
Posted by Autobotic9 on May 19th, 2009 @ 6:05am CDT
I cannot wait for this figure. I think he looks awesome!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY