New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant

New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant

Tuesday, September 1st, 2009 10:40am CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 26,126

Seibertron has uploaded new galleries of the latest ROTF figures Thrust and Gears. But that's not all folks! Also included is a darker variant of Breakaway which was made available due to Hasbro making a running change on the figure.

Check them out by clicking the links below.
Thrust
New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Varient

Gears
New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Varient

Breakaway
New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Varient

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 1st, 2009 11:43am CDT

Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987624)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 1st, 2009 @ 11:22am CDT
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987627)
Posted by Mkall on September 1st, 2009 @ 11:25am CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:I know about Breakaway varient for a long time, but it seems that the store near me all have the dark varient for some reason. :-?

Aye, the light variant was only available in the eraly runs before Hasbro did a Running Change and started producing him (and others) in the darker colours
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987637)
Posted by Seibertron on September 1st, 2009 @ 11:40am CDT
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987650)
Posted by Convotron on September 1st, 2009 @ 11:58am CDT
New galleries! Sweetness. Thrust and Gears are looking good. I'm so happy that Gears has more of a copper tone than what appeared to be orange in the early photos of the figure. I love the Breakaway mold, I love Thrust's colour scheme, it's a great combo.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987670)
Posted by Stockade on September 1st, 2009 @ 12:35pm CDT
Wonderful WOnderful job on these Galleries!! Gears is growing on me alot and Thrust is a must... Cant wait for these to show up here in Ohio...
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987673)
Posted by Kibble on September 1st, 2009 @ 12:40pm CDT
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987675)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 1st, 2009 @ 12:43pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:It's interesting to note that Thrust and Gears have the more traditional styled Decepticon and Autobot symbols on them instead of the movie styled ones, which is even odder because both are pictured on the back of the box with the correct movie styled symbols.

I'm curious about the Breakaway variant. That's a very dramatic change. Do you think the original color was a mistake, and the darker one was supposed to be the original color but the factory used the wrong paint? Or do you think they just didn't like how it looked and decided to change it?
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987683)
Posted by Bovril on September 1st, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
I got Dark Breakaway a couple of days ago, did the head mod literally a few moments ago. A needle file is the best way to go IMO... it looks good for my first mod! (Haven't modded anything since I last played Warhammer about 13 years ago!)

I love the breakaway mold, I just wish they'd made it to scale with the other Deluxes. He doesn't display well with the movie collection, to be honest...
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987697)
Posted by Convotron on September 1st, 2009 @ 1:13pm CDT
Kibble wrote:With all the hype around the mold, I was really looking forward to Thrust...after opening him the other night, can't say that I'm on the bandwagon. Transformation is ordinary and the bot mode is lacking...and it's not even the head. The upper torso is too hollow, the feet too big and flipper-like, and the wing placement in bot mode just doesn't do it for me. Maybe if they were flipped around and showed the insignia, I dunno. Jet mode looks pretty nice, though.

Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987703)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on September 1st, 2009 @ 1:25pm CDT
wait a second! WAIT A SECOND! WOAH WOAH WOAH
i just had a relaization hasbro knew that alot of fans cant buy botcon or henkei thrust and dirge so THEY RELEASE THEM IN THE REVENGE OF THE FALLEN LINE TO MAKE UP FOR THAT!
interesting . . . BUT AWESOME!
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987705)
Posted by Seibertron on September 1st, 2009 @ 1:26pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:What makes you say the movie-style symbols are the "correct" ones? These characters didn't appear in the movie, and they're G1 homages, so to me the traditional style symbols are the "correct" ones.

By "correct", I meant they should use the movie styled faction symbols on the toys that are part of the movie toy line. I'm also not a fan of when the movie styled faction symbols show up on toys outside of the movie toy line (i.e. TFA Prowl). Hopefully this will be a running change at some point.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987714)
Posted by Kibble on September 1st, 2009 @ 1:44pm CDT
Convotron wrote:How does the plastic feel? I saw a recent review on RotF Thrust where there's mention of criticism of the Breakaway mold for using thinner/cheaper feeling plastic.

Part of the mold uses a more rubbery plastic, but I don't find it to feel cheap or thin...different, yes, but not like it's low quality.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987717)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 1st, 2009 @ 1:49pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

hmm I never knew that :-? was it the same for Sideways dark varient?
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987719)
Posted by Bovril on September 1st, 2009 @ 1:52pm CDT

The thicker parts feel identical to the parts used on Deluxe Bumblebee.

Hope that helps.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987736)
Posted by Tyrannotaur on September 1st, 2009 @ 2:12pm CDT
Hmm I'll probably get Thrust. I dunno yet. I like the Breakaway mold. I just wish the Breakaway variant had a darker green too.

Should I get Gears or try to find Stockade? I'm not really sure. I don't have that mold yet.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987754)
Posted by Convotron on September 1st, 2009 @ 2:28pm CDT
Kibble wrote:

Bovril wrote:About the Breakaway/Thrust plastic - it is thinner, but not cheaper as far as I can tell. Part of the transformation requires slight flexibility in the plastic.

The thicker parts feel identical to the parts used on Deluxe Bumblebee.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback, fellas! I've held off on buying Breakaway. I love the design but I'm not crazy about the colour scheme. So from a pure aesthetics position, the colours of Thrust plus the mold of Breakaway results in a really desireable figure for me. I just didn't want to be let down on the toy's construction so this is good news for me. :D
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987775)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 1st, 2009 @ 3:11pm CDT
Tyrannotaur wrote:

A) You're not going to find Stockade anywhere, except maybe eBay for double retail price.
B) Gears is an awesome repaint, and IMO is way better looking that plain black Stockade, who'd kind of boring.
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987822)
Posted by Primus1101 on September 1st, 2009 @ 4:15pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Tyrannotaur wrote:

They have Stockade in a shop I go to. They also have Movie One Leader Megs. It's seriously astounding, they didn't even lower the price! In fact, I believe they increased it to £45... and the thing still fecking sold!!! :shock: WHAT THE HELL! :shock:
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987824)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 1st, 2009 @ 4:16pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Tyrannotaur wrote:

C) Just get both, Autobot vs. Decepticon :P
Re: New ROTF Galleries: Thrust, Gears and Breakaway Variant (987850)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on September 1st, 2009 @ 4:51pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Tyrannotaur wrote:

No, Stockade is still available on Hasbro.
In fact, I just bought one recently.

Anyway, I love the Breakaway mold.
But, I'm not a fan of Thrust's head mold, so, I dunno about him.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "MIP Loyal Subjects -Transformers - Blitzwing Glow in the Dark - HASTINGS" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2017 Exclusive The Last Knight Optimus Prime AND Transformers AOE Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Bonecrusher Longhaul Mirage Figure Lot Hot Topic Red" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "2020-Jada-Nano Hollywood Rides-TRANSFORMERS-Starscream,Bumblebee,Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY