New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie

Transformers News: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie

Friday, August 10th, 2018 5:09PM CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 14,153

Thanks to Entertainment Weekly Online we have a new screencap from the upcoming film, Bumblebee: The Movie. In this scene you can see Charlie (Played by actress Hailee Steinfeld) and Bumblebee. It looks as if she is comforting him which tells us a great deal about how different the mood of this film will be compared to the previous live action flicks. If you can remember from the movie trailer Bee looked pretty freaked out about landing on Earth. Of course this is just a speculation on what is happening. We will find out when this movie hits theaters on December 21, 2018.

Transformers News: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie
Credit(s): Entertainment Weekly
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977860)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 10th, 2018 @ 5:22pm CDT
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977861)
Posted by Octobotimus on August 10th, 2018 @ 5:43pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:So Charlie being comforting to Bee makes the movie automatically different from the other movies. I guess that means Infimity War having death automatically makes it more different than all the rest of the otherwise similarly made MCU films (except for Phase 1)

go hate on the movie (that hasn't even released) somewhere else.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977866)
Posted by Qwan on August 10th, 2018 @ 6:12pm CDT
Well... yeah?
[quote]I guess that means Infimity War having death automatically makes it more different than all the rest of the otherwise similarly made MCU films (except for Phase 1)[/quote]...Still yep. (Not the presence of death per se, but the fact that [spoiler]half the cast gets killed off at the end of the movie[/spoiler] (is that still a spoiler?) makes it tonally different than other MCU films, on the whole.)

Things like death (in a franchise that avoids it much of the time), or characters expressing kindness, or in fact any genuine emotion whatsoever, can and will drastically change a movie's tone compared to generic kill-the-bad-guys-we're-so-cool action stuff. Doesn't mean the action stuff is bad, just that this is different, whether you personally think so or not.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977872)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2018 @ 6:55pm CDT

I think the bad guy winning definitely makes Infinity War far different than any other Marvek film. Thanks for that great comparison, it means this TF film will indeed be different than the rest.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977874)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2018 @ 7:42pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

The bad guy did kinda win in Civil War too. He was taken into custody, but his goal was met.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977879)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 10th, 2018 @ 8:47pm CDT

whats wrong with this movie being different >:oP
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977888)
Posted by TulioDude on August 10th, 2018 @ 10:04pm CDT
I like how clean this design is!
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977906)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 11th, 2018 @ 2:10am CDT
I feel for the actors having to do these kind of scenes when there's nothing to act against, still looks like Hailee is doing alright with it though :-)
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977988)
Posted by Jaszczombs on August 11th, 2018 @ 4:56pm CDT
SHIPPERS ARE COOOMING
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977993)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 11th, 2018 @ 5:20pm CDT
We've got some interesting rumours now for Bumblebee: The Movie. Thanks to blog, Discussing Film, we've learned that possibly the movie not just opens on Cybertron, but will also feature several classic bots as well! The rumours also go further and say that these will feature cgi models that resemble their G1 looks. A few names are also hinted at, fan favourite names at that. These are Shockwave, Soundwave and Cliffjumper.

Take everything with a pinch of salt though, as anything could change. To fully be certain, we'll just have to watch the film when it debuts on December 21st this year!

Here is one snippet from the article.
[quote]So what iconic transformers can you expect to see in 'Bumblebee'? Fans will have a fun time scanning the battlefields on Cybertron for many instantly recognisable characters. Three that stand out in the film are Soundwave, Shockwave and Cliffjumper. Note that these are only brief cameos and most of them are not speaking roles[/quote]

The article aslo points out how they will potentially look in the movie, but again this is not confirmed.
[quote]Fans of Transformer’s “Generation 1” will be pleased for the film will showcase many iconic autobots and decepticons- all which sport designs identical to their 1980s cartoon counterparts[/quote]

What do you make of these rumours? Let us know in the comments below!
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977995)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 11th, 2018 @ 5:34pm CDT
I don’t think I can say much since we haven’t seen how they actually look, but I’m hoping they retain the feel of the previous movie TFs. From what we’ve seen so far, I think they will. I’m intrigued by Shockwave, a mix of his G1 and DOTM forms could be pretty cool looking

I’m SUPER excited to see the Cybertronian modes for the movie bots, though! I remember one of the DOTM novels had Optimus and Starscream in that opening scene on Cybertron, and I was a little disappointed that we didn’t see them in that scene of the movie.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1977996)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 11th, 2018 @ 5:36pm CDT
Right off the bat, I feel that these will just be generics that look visualy similar. I mean yeah we have seen some prequel material (that seems obsolete) where these characters were shown on Cybertron, but they didn't look exactly G1 inspired. I mean, CJ was Bumblebee but in red, Soundwave had his ROTF design, and Shockwave was in his DOTM design (which changed overtime).
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978023)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:13pm CDT
a soundwave boom box? it would be very fitting for the time period
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978050)
Posted by fruityrobo on August 12th, 2018 @ 12:16am CDT
the key word is most of them dont have voice roles

meaning that they really dive deep into the lore of cybertron and thus the war will also be included and there will be voice acting for some of the listed characters

once again this makes my hopes for this movie go up and higher
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978083)
Posted by Qwan on August 12th, 2018 @ 6:28am CDT
fruityrobo wrote:the key word is most of them dont have voice roles

once again this makes my hopes for this movie go up and higher

Or like, Soundwave gets a single generic line during the 30-to-90-second Cybertron sequence.

Personally I'm guessing it's somewhere in between those two, but we I wouldn't advise getting your hopes too high for a lore deep-dive, since this movie is pretty definitively about the emotional core of a relationship on earth.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978086)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 12th, 2018 @ 6:47am CDT
Qwan wrote:
fruityrobo wrote:the key word is most of them dont have voice roles

once again this makes my hopes for this movie go up and higher

I'm thinking along those lines as well, cybertron is just starting the plot. We'll see snippets of battles then prime will tell bee to get to earth.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978159)
Posted by Deadput on August 12th, 2018 @ 5:08pm CDT
Even if just a cameo I look forward to a movieverse Cliffjumper, always loved the guy.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978387)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 13th, 2018 @ 4:01pm CDT
[quote]Three that stand out in the film are Soundwave, Shockwave and Cliffjumper. Note that these are only brief cameos and most of them are not speaking roles[/quote]

So they stand out by not getting to speak? Uhhh okay then.

Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978404)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 13th, 2018 @ 5:08pm CDT
With only two villains in the film, I'm hoping that they get some development more than previous villains in the movies...or movies in general these days.
Re: New Screenshot From Bumblebee: The Movie (1978511)
Posted by Deadput on August 14th, 2018 @ 10:13am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:[quote]Three that stand out in the film are Soundwave, Shockwave and Cliffjumper. Note that these are only brief cameos and most of them are not speaking roles

So they stand out by not getting to speak? Uhhh okay then.

As much as I do think that this will be a good movie. I do hope they don't focus too much on Bumblebee. Don't get me wrong I don't wanna sound negative but Bee gets to be in everything and is often a main character with a lot of merch. I just wanna see some of the others get the spotlight outside of the big 3.[/quote]
[quote]most of them are not speaking roles[/quote]

So at least some of them Speak I presume that these cameos are brief and are small generic war lines like.

"Take cover!", "He's over there!", "Watch that sniper!" Those kind of lines.

You do know they also don't have to speak to standout regardless anyways for example Cliffjumper could be an Autobot that get's killed by Shockwave in front of Bumblebee or something.

Also it's Bee's movie he is the main character so of course the focus will mostly be on him, after that it will be the Decepticons of the movie, then Optimus since he's more then a cameo although still not that big a presence overall, then the cameos which can either be characters in the background as screen fillers or minor characters that get a couple of minutes and lines to themselves. (Like Say Barricade is an after credits scene or something)

That's not including the human characters as well since there is Charlie who will most certainly have a lot of spotlight, her family and friends including that male friend or brother, Burns and the rest of Sector Seven and who knows who else.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked