New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight

Transformers News: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight

Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 3:08am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,801

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian Deadput has spotted yet another new trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight, featuring Anthony Hopkins who heard you like Transformers in your Transformers - so they put Transformers throughout more of human history, so you can look at Transformers while watching Transformers.

The 'Secret History' of Transformers has been embedded below, inviting you to Rethink the Past (as well as your Heroes) and looking at old proof for the presence of Hot Rod, Optimus Prime, Hound, Drift and more throughout major historical events. Check it out, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion!

Credit(s): Comicbook.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 3:02pm CDT


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880390)
Posted by Deadput on May 9th, 2017 @ 3:28am CDT
Va'al wrote:Fellow Seibertronian Deadput has spotted yet another new trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight, featuring Anthony Hopkins who heard you like Transformers in your Transformers - so they put Transformers throughout more of human history, so you can look at Transformers while watching Transformers.

Image

I see your also a man of etiquette taste in memes.

I guess this late night trailer means I got more reasons to stay up for 18 hours a day now got to catch all dem trailers when their posted.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880391)
Posted by Deadput on May 9th, 2017 @ 3:33am CDT
Edit: double post
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880393)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 9th, 2017 @ 3:42am CDT
I like this trailer. He's got some cool figurines too. Wonder if he's got a big room in his house full of every transformers figure ever made. Maybe he's the ultimate collector.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880397)
Posted by Barricade.it on May 9th, 2017 @ 5:00am CDT
Well.. I'll watch this movie, as i did with the previous ones, but the more I consider this "rethink the past" idea for TFs, the less I like it.

Not to mention ugly toys, trying to reach human-shaped bodies from vehicle modes (thet're all shellformers :SICK: ).

I only hope that the plot won't be worse than "AOE" but I dont't think this is a risk: AOE had no plot! :D
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880398)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2017 @ 5:18am CDT
The one thing, one, that I'm so torn about I am basically Natalie Imbruglia, is the New!Hopkins.

We've seen him:

- Use camera filters on Instagram.

Image

- Call Michael Bay a genius, on par with Oliver Stone and Steven Spielberg.

Image

- And now, call Mark Wahlberg DUUUDE.

Image

Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880405)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 9th, 2017 @ 7:49am CDT
Except neither Bay, Stone, or Spielberg are geniuses.

I find myself much more excited for this film than I did for Age of Extinction. Maybe it's the historical context.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880409)
Posted by Big Grim on May 9th, 2017 @ 8:15am CDT
This is starting to get me properly interested. This is a major feat after the pile that was AoE.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880410)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 9th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Getting a bit fed up with this place...
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880416)
Posted by MrBlack on May 9th, 2017 @ 8:31am CDT
I'll admit, I was starting to get a little...excited isn't the word, but perhaps a bit more optimistic about this film. The basic plot is lame (the secret history of the Transformers on Earth has been a plot point in EVERY Transformers film so far), but the action scenes looked good, and the robot designs have vastly improved. I thought it might be a fun film.

Then we get Anthony Hopkins saying "Duuuuuuude," all the robots are comic relief, and Hot Rod has an OUTRAGEOUS FRENCH ACCENT!!!

Not for me. I'm out.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880417)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2017 @ 8:32am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Getting a bit fed up with this place...


How so?
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880430)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2017 @ 10:11am CDT
The "dude" thing had its full context condensed and removed from the MTV clip. There are more lines exchanged between Hopkins and Wahlberg in that scene that the MTV clip cut out and which will hopefully be in the actual movie itself. Said lines provide a better flow for the "dude" line in that Hopkins was using it as a follow up to some of those missing lines, which had Wahlberg being a bit rude and dudebro-ish, leading up to Hopkins playfully mocking Wahlberg's impetuousness with the "dude" line.

What we got here was a case of bad editing that presented an unfortunate misunderstanding of the line.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880432)
Posted by Scramjet on May 9th, 2017 @ 10:14am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The "dude" ... the "dude" ... the "dude"
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880433)
Posted by Scramjet on May 9th, 2017 @ 10:15am CDT
I had to do it!!

THE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880434)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2017 @ 10:17am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:I had to do it!!

THE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
Should've been this one:


;)
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880435)
Posted by Scramjet on May 9th, 2017 @ 10:19am CDT
Any dudeness of The Dude worked, I just wanted to mention that it was your opinion on the editing :lol

REGARDLESS!!

Who's buying or already has bought the Schick razors?! Also, where is Megatron?!
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880437)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The "dude" thing had its full context condensed and removed from the MTV clip. There are more lines exchanged between Hopkins and Wahlberg in that scene that the MTV clip cut out and which will hopefully be in the actual movie itself. Said lines provide a better flow for the "dude" line in that Hopkins was using it as a follow up to some of those missing lines, which had Wahlberg being a bit rude and dudebro-ish, leading up to Hopkins playfully mocking Wahlberg's impetuousness with the "dude" line.

What we got here was a case of bad editing that presented an unfortunate misunderstanding of the line.

Did the extended clips you saw also have the tank bot transform back into a tank? because that is that part I found really amateurish in this clip, with bulldog turning into a robot and then just being a tank behind HOpkins in the following scenes.

itscramtastic wrote:I had to do it!!

THE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!

You know, i showed my wife that film last year because she had not seen it yet and that easily became the best movie we watched in 2016.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880458)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 9th, 2017 @ 12:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The "dude" thing had its full context condensed and removed from the MTV clip. There are more lines exchanged between Hopkins and Wahlberg in that scene that the MTV clip cut out and which will hopefully be in the actual movie itself. Said lines provide a better flow for the "dude" line in that Hopkins was using it as a follow up to some of those missing lines, which had Wahlberg being a bit rude and dudebro-ish, leading up to Hopkins playfully mocking Wahlberg's impetuousness with the "dude" line.

What we got here was a case of bad editing that presented an unfortunate misunderstanding of the line.

Did the extended clips you saw also have the tank bot transform back into a tank? because that is that part I found really amateurish in this clip, with bulldog turning into a robot and then just being a tank behind HOpkins in the following scenes.


It did not. I honestly thought that was a bit weird too, but at the beginning of the footage, Bay said the scenes weren't finished. I just assumed that was an instance of it being unfinished.
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880460)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 9th, 2017 @ 12:46pm CDT
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880465)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The "dude" thing had its full context condensed and removed from the MTV clip. There are more lines exchanged between Hopkins and Wahlberg in that scene that the MTV clip cut out and which will hopefully be in the actual movie itself. Said lines provide a better flow for the "dude" line in that Hopkins was using it as a follow up to some of those missing lines, which had Wahlberg being a bit rude and dudebro-ish, leading up to Hopkins playfully mocking Wahlberg's impetuousness with the "dude" line.

What we got here was a case of bad editing that presented an unfortunate misunderstanding of the line.


Nope.

What we got here is Hopkins saying:

Image
Re: New 'Secret Past' Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight (1880466)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2017 @ 1:19pm CDT
The official Transformers: The Last Knight Instagram account has uploaded a small version of a new poster for the movie, following from the dude-tastic clip revealed earlier claiming that 'They Have Been Here Forever' - Cybertronians, that is. Check it out below, and stay tuned for an inevitable better quality version soon!

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #239 - Secrets and Scope Creep
Twincast / Podcast #239:
"Secrets and Scope Creep"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 26th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Breakdowns Apex Armour Transformers Prime Cyberverse Beasthunters 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS: MEET QUICKSHADOW (PASSPORT TO By Brandon T. Snider NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SCRAPMASTER figure  Abt 2 1/2"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide : Passport to Reading Level 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Lot Autobot Optimus Prime Bumblebee Megatron Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Lot Of 4: Optimus Prime, tow truck race car" on EBAY
Buy "2014 PLAYSKOOL HEROES : TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS - HIGH TIDE RESCUE RIG" on EBAY