New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives

New Seibertron Galleries:  Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives

Sunday, August 29th, 2010 8:51pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 56,527

Another set of 'must see' galleries here at Seibertron.com, the quite HOT, and quite exclusive, not to mention quite clear TakaraTomy Sons of Cybertron Animated Set.

This set was one of the first releases in the TakaraTomy 2010 Campaign, being preceded by the Masterpiece Sleep Convoy.

Now why is this set so HOT? Well, if the clear plastic doesn't get you, maybe this will... Animated Hot Rod. Sure no big deal now right? The TRU exclusive (Animated Rodimus Minor) is starting to show up in many stores. This exclusive set happened to be the first release of Animated Hot Rod/Rodimus/Rodimus Minor, so it fell into a lot of collector's hands and on their want lists just for that reason. Oh and there's an Animated Optimus Prime figure in colored-clear plastic in the set as well.

Wait no longer! Check out the preview pics below, and then follow the links or click a pic to see the entire gallery of THE SONS OF SEIBERTRON! (Sons of Cybertron-- I kid!)

Sons of Cybertron Rodimus Gallery

Sons of Cybertron Optimus Prime Gallery

TakaraTomy is going to follow up this set soon with more special releases including the G1 styled-repaint/remold of Armada Unicron (Micron Legend), the repaint of Cybertron Primus (Galaxy Force), the 'Sons of Cybertron' Henkei version, and Masterpiece Rodimus Prime.

Credit(s): Seibertron

This article was last modified on Monday, August 30th, 2010 4:34pm CDT

Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119085)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 29th, 2010 @ 9:18pm CDT
Already got a regular op so I wasnt to interested in spending the 60+ usd to get this set-however, if anyone out there just wants one or the other there is a seller on ebay from china selling these individually-i picked up a clear roddy for 19 bucks + very reasonable shipping. :D

ps-just search "clear rodimus"
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119110)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 29th, 2010 @ 10:07pm CDT
That is a really nice deal!
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119112)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 29th, 2010 @ 10:10pm CDT
Yup-i was quite happy. I think I caught on when that seller had just started selling them so there wasn't a lot of bid warz. I plan on doing the same for the classics clear roddy too cuz that OP is just fail.
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119113)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 29th, 2010 @ 10:16pm CDT
i got the henkei set on the way, cant wait til they get here
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119165)
Posted by Bass X0 on August 30th, 2010 @ 6:45am CDT
I have clear Animated Optimus Prime coming in the post from China which I paid for last Monday. So another week at least before he arrives.

I actually didn't want Optimus Prime that much. I just bidded on it to see how much it would sell for, expecting to be outbid. Now that its coming, I'm not that bothered about winning it. I don't own the original mold, its cheap for a Japanese exclusive (just a bit more than the RRP of a Deluxe here in england) and the clear plastic looks great.
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119166)
Posted by Meister79 on August 30th, 2010 @ 6:47am CDT
Just wondering if this set has a serial number out of 2010?
The Henkei version has a serial number.
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119277)
Posted by --B-- on August 30th, 2010 @ 1:05pm CDT
That deluxe prime mold looks 1000 time better without the terrible "battle damage".
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119282)
Posted by bvzxa on August 30th, 2010 @ 1:22pm CDT
I bought the set and it is fantastic. Besides the clear colors, the Rodimus stands out the most. Now I'm gonna wait for the other Sons' Of Cybertron set to come to my house.

Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119284)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 30th, 2010 @ 1:28pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:Prime is decent. I like him. I too agree the battle damage annoys me. Also Japan is getting the Deluxe Cybertron Megatron I hope without the battle damage along with Cybertron Mode Prime in a two pack.

Both are without the Battle Damage, but with Shiny Paint. Megatron's hip joints remain to be seen.
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119563)
Posted by Blurrz on August 31st, 2010 @ 5:00am CDT
Three different Rodimus variations to choose from.. all great figures!
Re: New Seibertron Galleries: Animated Sons of Cybertron Exclusives (1119582)
Posted by Stockade on August 31st, 2010 @ 6:36am CDT
Nice set and nice pics, but not my cup of tea though...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "GRIMLOCK - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "2015 McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy - Hasbro Transformers #2 Grimlock Green Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Cliff Jumper Battle Hammer Autobot Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY