Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 11:47pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 21,277

Thanks to Instagram users Kathyapplebaum and Instasloggett, we have our first group of images from the set of the Bumblebee movie! The images show the crew buildings and some of the vehicles that were shipped in to Point Bonita, California for the film. Most excitingly, we also the first photos of Bumblebee's new VW Beetle alt mode! This is the first time Bumblebee has taken on a Beetle alt mode in the live action films, and two of them were spotted on set: a "hero" car (one used for most shots) and a rigged-up stunt car. Check all the photos out below!
Transformers News: Re: Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Live-Action Movie Thread

Credit(s): Kathyapplebaum, Instasloggett

Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905884)
Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse on August 22nd, 2017 @ 11:57pm CDT
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905885)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:02am CDT
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:I love those 80's cars. I was hoping they would have an 80's Lambo. But I do see what looks like an orange Datsun 280ZX (at least the rear end of one.)

Oooh, you're right!! :x :x
But yes, a Countach would be awesome. Or an Aston V8 Vantage if that license is still valid/if Paramount's still on good terms with AM.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905888)
Posted by Deadput on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:23am CDT

So since filming is just starting and we have seen Bumblebee which Transformers do you guys think are going to be in this movie besides Bee? For Autobots while it could easily be just Bumblebee and a cameo of Optimus (I'm sure Prime will have a short scene whether it's flashback or by communicating with Bee) other Bots I can think of are Hot Rod since it's established in TLK that the two worked together in the past during at least WW2 and since this movie doesn't take place too long after I could see how this movie shows Hot Rod separating from Bee and ending up working for the Witwiccans, Cliffjumper as Bee's partner and the sports car Autobot of the movie who gets killed in the end or middle of the movie, maybe another Autobot as well with the same fate as Cliff, this is a personal wish but I hope there are speaking cameos from Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet who are presumably with Optimus since their part of the same group, Jazz himself could benefit from even a small scene like this since he was the least developed of the 2007 group.

For Decepticons I think Barricade has a high chance of being in this movie due to being Bee's rival and just having been in TLK, Soundwave is established in DOTM in having been on Earth long enough to shut down the space programs which I think was around the 1970's according to the movie so he has a good chance of also being in this movie it helps that he was sort of Bee's designated fight in DOTM, with that said Laserbeak and Ravage could also be in the movie and they wouldn't have to make new designs for them since Ravage was in Cybertronian mode and Laserbeak's robot kibble never changes regardless of what he turns into and it would be some reason for him to disguise himself as a pink Bumblebee during DOTM, I think there could be a couple of other Decepticons who are just there to be bad guys and die, maybe a new guy could be the main con in the movie but I doubt it, for cameos I could see Starscream giving orders offworld like Optimus, maybe a shot or two of frozen Megatron if S7 are involved in this movie, there is also that leaked image from a supposedly upcoming movie toyline that shows a character called "Stryker" although it is labeled for "Tf6" so who knows.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905890)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:53am CDT
Deadput wrote:I'm kinda excited for this movie actually! I for one hope that Bee talks with his real voice in this movie since it's not actually established in the movies when Bee lost his voice the only thing said that is was lost in battle.

I personally don't think there will be many other bots besides Bee, if at all. This movie has a significantly lower budget than the others, and CGI still isn't cheap.

As far as other points, at the time this movie is set, the main Autobot live-action cast hadn't come to Earth yet (except Hot Rod). If there is a Decepticon antagonist, Soundwave would be a good guess- I'm with you on that. Barricade has only appeared in odd numbered movies so far (1, 3, 5).
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905912)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2017 @ 6:53am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

That's not always true. This is a director who comes from a CGI background. Those kind of directors know how to use computer effects with small budgets. Neil Bomkemf made district 9 on a 30 million dollar budget and those aliens still look like their part of the scene. That movie still holds up for being almost a decade old.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905943)
Posted by jamiko on August 23rd, 2017 @ 9:07am CDT
So, it just dawned on me that there's a possibility we'll get a Bumblebee Vdub toy out of this! I haven't purchased a movie toy in almost a decade but, I would most definitely spring for that!
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905954)
Posted by Marcdachamp on August 23rd, 2017 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1905957)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2017 @ 9:39am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:For some reason, I kind of assumed we'd see a seeker like Thundercracker or Skywarp as the main villain. Not sure why. But I would be VERY happy with Soundwave. One catch: if Bumblebee gets his 80's look, Soundwave has to, as well!

Yeah and Onslaught's inclusion was a definite confirmation that bruticus was gonna be in Last Knight and Hot Ross inclusion also meant he would be magenta with flames on his chest and become rodimus Prime.

Seriously it's the movie universe
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1906022)
Posted by Marcdachamp on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Seriously it's the movie universe

Naw kidding. Just wishful thinking based on the setting.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1906028)
Posted by Deadput on August 23rd, 2017 @ 3:03pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

At the very least there has to be a hero and a villain because I honestly doubt that Bee is the only guy in the film period, I don't think there will be a lot of characters either but this is my guess.

Autobots: Bumblebee: As the main hero who starts as a vw and maybe upgrades to the old Camaro from 2007 or some other sports car.

Hot Rod: TLK would set him up for this movie as Bee's brother in arms and would explain why he and Bee separated even though they worked together for at least WW2 which isn't too far off from the 1980's (And presumably were sent to Earth together since Bee was on Earth to find the Allspark)

Cliffjumper: Only new Autobot who is Bee's partner on Earth as a counter to Bee in character and would be the sports car guy (Because product placement and to sell toys) and would be the Autobot death of the movie.

Optimus Prime: Cameo only via voice only radio or a mug shot of giving Bee orders to go to Earth.

Decepticons: Soundwave: Would be the main villain but more of a behind the scenes guy and he is established as having been on Earth during the 1970's in DOTM where he shut down the space programs so it makes sense for him to be in this movie and during DOTM he was kind of Bee's rival, he could either be on Earth in a new vehicle mode or in space like ROTf which would save on making a new cgi model.

Barricade: He would be the main "attacker" doing Soundwave's dirty work for him on the field and since he is Bee's rival they would fight a couple times in the movie and as a police car he would probably be a threat to the human protagonist as well.

Laserbeak and Ravage: These two would be sent to locations by Soundwave to do his work for him also Laserbeak like Soundwave was said to be on Earth in the 1970's and presumably Ravage as well and for an irl benefit these guys wouldn't need new cgi models since Laserbeak's robot kibble doesn't change regardless what alt mode he takes and Ravage is just in cybertronian mode both robot and missile mode.

Frenzy: I doubt it but he could also be in this as Barricade's partner, like Laserbeak and Ravage he wouldn't need a new cgi model.

Stryker: This isn't really a guess but I'm going off that leaked movie toyline which is presumably for the Bee movie since there are not many Transformers in general this time around but in that leaked photo there were a bunch of old characters with placeholder pictures such as Lockdown, Ratchet, Crowbar and Stinger but there was a placeholder logo for a character labeled "Tf6 Stryker" not sure if that's for this movie or not.

Starscream and Megatron: Cameos only with Starscream being either voice only or mug shot ordering others around, Megatron if Sector 7 is in this movie would be a cameo in his frozen form only so no new cgi models or anything.

Rounding this all up there would be a total of 3 or 4 Autobots, 5-8 Decepticons but only one or two of those are new designs (Cliff and Stryker) assuming their not model reuses like Onslaught from TLK and only 3 or 4 slightly new models (Bee, Hot Rod, Barricade and Soundwave if not in space) 4 completely unchanged models (Laserbeak, Ravage, Frenzy, frozen Megatron) and a couple of mug shots of Optimus and Starscream if not radio voices.

Bounti76 wrote:Barricade has only appeared in odd numbered movies so far (1, 3, 5).

That's not a law or anything nothing is stopping Barricade from being in this movie but heck he only had "large" roles in 1 and 5 but even then he was supposed to die in 1 but they somehow forgot to film the scene, Barricade in movie 3 wasn't really meant to be there either since Barricade wasn't in any of the scripts if the adaptations say anything about it and if he was he presumably would have had a bigger role, having his police car on set, and his own voice actor instead of using Soundwave's lines.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1906704)
Posted by Chibi Starscream on August 26th, 2017 @ 7:14pm CDT
After what I already knew and what I read everyone post, I'm looking forward to this movie. I hope it really makes a "fresh new look" for the Transformers movies and that it does better than TF5. I always like movies/shows with more explanation and a deeper plot than 'SPLOSIONS'! The fact it's going to have little kids in it is good. That reminds me of the cartoons of the past. Bee (and Hot Shot) have always had good bonds with the kids and seemed closest to the humans in general. Whatever the plot is, hope everything is enjoyable and makes sense.' SPLOSIONS should be a thing...but massive destruction isn't entirely necessary, especially since operations at this point wouldn't have progressed so much without Megatron around. One thing I personally want to see though is Starscream with a more G1 look.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1907441)
Posted by Va'al on August 30th, 2017 @ 4:48am CDT
According to Instagram user dbrum, we have learned that the filming for Transformers Universe: Bumblebee has currently moved to Mt Tamalapais (still in North California), as can be seen in the images below showing three yellow Volkswagen Beetles! We can also report that cast member Jason Drucker has now arrived on set, as seen in his Instagram story on his account - images and screenshots included below!

#bumblebee shooting up at the top of Mt. Tam today with some great kit including a chopper parked up at the fire tower pad

Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1907475)
Posted by dragons on August 30th, 2017 @ 9:33am CDT
Who is this guy?
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1907559)
Posted by Barricade.it on August 30th, 2017 @ 1:15pm CDT
Welll... I don't know why but I feel this will be a good movie, far better than TF4 and TF5.

I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE :-(
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1908643)
Posted by Va'al on September 5th, 2017 @ 10:54am CDT
According to local news outlet Kion546, there is a new call for extras to be used in some shoots for Transformers Universe: Bumblebee in Santa Cruz, California! If you're in the area, and fit the 'beach type' description, head to the site linked above, or read some more information below first.

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Officials with Paramount Pictures say a new Transformers movie will be making its way to shoot scenes in Santa Cruz. And if you've ever wanted to act, now is your time as they’re looking for extras to be in the film.

The spinoff titled "Brighton Falls" based on the character of Bumblebee will be shooting in the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk area from September 20th to the 22nd according to casting coordinator Maryellen Aviano.

They are looking to cast ‘beachy types’ like surfers, skaters, hippies and beach babes and dudes. Extras will be paid $104 for eight hours plus overtime, but must be available on all three days.

Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1908660)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 5th, 2017 @ 12:04pm CDT
Wait a minute, IS THAT A G1 RATCHET AND RAVAGE!?!?
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1908663)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2017 @ 12:11pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:Wait a minute, IS THAT A G1 RATCHET AND RAVAGE!?!?
Looks like the fan-owned custom van that was at BotCon 2011.
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1908671)
Posted by Va'al on September 5th, 2017 @ 12:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:Wait a minute, IS THAT A G1 RATCHET AND RAVAGE!?!?
Looks like the fan-owned custom van that was at BotCon 2011.

Image is actually from Long Beach Con in California. I wanted a beach photo with a Bumblebee in it!
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1908684)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 5th, 2017 @ 2:23pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:Wait a minute, IS THAT A G1 RATCHET AND RAVAGE!?!?
Looks like the fan-owned custom van that was at BotCon 2011.

Aw, welp, there goes a chance of this film being enjoyable
Re: New Set Images from the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie; Cars, Buildings, VW Beetles (1908709)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2017 @ 5:14pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:Wait a minute, IS THAT A G1 RATCHET AND RAVAGE!?!?
Looks like the fan-owned custom van that was at BotCon 2011.

Aw, welp, there goes a chance of this film being enjoyable
What, just because a fan-owned van with a fake Ravage isn't in it?

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G21 Judora Free Shipping with Tracking# New Japan" on EBAY
Buy "RIPPERSNAPPER - TR1 - ABOMINUS - TRANSFORMERS - G1 - COMPLETE - VINTAGE - 1987" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The prime PP-16 Moon Racer Free Ship w/Tracking# New Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Autobot Beachcomber 1985" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix Series CHROMIA, HOUND, IMPACTOR, MIRAGE, SCRAPFACE..LOT" on EBAY