New Simon Furman Interview

New Simon Furman Interview

Saturday, April 21st, 2007 10:34am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 13,978

Our own WhiteRabbit has brought us news about a new interview with Simon Furman. Comic News International has posted a new interview with Furman. In this latest interview Furman talks about the upcoming Devastation and Galvatron Spotlight comics and more. Check out the interview by clicking here.

Credit(s): WhiteRabbit and Comic News International

Re: New Simon Furman Interview (93034)
Posted by Hotrod on April 21st, 2007 @ 10:39am CDT
Front paged and credited.
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (93410)
Posted by Satanatron on April 21st, 2007 @ 5:57pm CDT
Well I like the fact he hasn't bring Unicron into any of this stories. Plus I dislike how he crammed Grimlock into the Beast Wars . I mean I like Grimlock but in the comics he was sort of overrated. Still this new incarnation of G1 is quite refreshing and I'm enjoying it 100%.
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (93811)
Posted by Anonymous on April 22nd, 2007 @ 5:05am CDT
Spotlight: Galvatron?

I will have two scoops of that please!
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (93963)
Posted by partholon on April 22nd, 2007 @ 10:40am CDT
furman does seem to be a really nice guy doesnt he. im intrigued to see where the galvatron thing will go and what his revised origin is. but its the terminator thing thats got me interested too, always liked the idea of john connor so its nice to see him get some development. should be fun :grin:
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (93980)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 22nd, 2007 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (94327)
Posted by Hairball178 on April 22nd, 2007 @ 5:41pm CDT
Simon's taking a liking to Sideswipe? Can't go wrong there, I say. Now I want a Dinobots Spotlight mini, with each issue focusing on a different Dinobot.
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (94405)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 22nd, 2007 @ 7:04pm CDT
Another very good interview with Furman, who's work is getting better and better. The Furmanverse is continually growing, yet everything is inter-related, its almost like Furman could have written episodes for "Lost". (except stuff happens and gets explained in the Furmanverse)

Furman manages to let so many little details out, yet does not ruin a single future comic with spoilers.
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (94424)
Posted by Neko on April 22nd, 2007 @ 7:34pm CDT
I hope he means what I think he means when he mentioned Sideswipe. 8)
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (96681)
Posted by Windsweeper on April 24th, 2007 @ 1:03pm CDT

Seconded.

After Dreamwave's Sunstreaker, IDW Sunstreaker just seems like a whiney wimp. Much prefer the badass Streaker. Don't normally like 'badass' characters so this is strange.

This is going to hurt but I don't like Galvatron being a seperate entity to Megatron.

Also, am I the only one who thought Stormbringer was hollow and an insult to Marvel's much superior version of Thunderwing.
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (96694)
Posted by Leonardo on April 24th, 2007 @ 1:14pm CDT
Stormbringer's problem was that it was rushed. It wasn't a four-part story, and deserved to have been spread out over maybe two more issues. Therefore, yes, in a way, it did seem hollow as, to me, it came out as underdeveloped.
Re: New Simon Furman Interview (96824)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 24th, 2007 @ 3:13pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:"I admit this all seems interesting and I will be picking up the comics. Though, I also have to admit that the mainstream IDW G1 series (Escalation, etc., etc.) has been my least favorite G1 comic universe to date. I just don't get that same vibe, I dunno... Love the spotlights though!"

Seconded.

I agree with each point there, after you agreed with me! :lol:

I know the original Galvatron toy (tech spec) wasn't Megatron reformatted, but he was in every storyline until this. To me, this is a bigger change than anything anyone has complained about the movie having done.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Trypticon Action Figure (B0773)" on EBAY