New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron"

New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron"

Monday, April 14th, 2008 9:18pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 24,026

Newsarama have posted up an assortment of images from the upcoming IDW Publishing Transformers Series: "All Hail Megatron", thanks to "All Hail" writer Shane McCarthy.

While many of the page previews have already been released in the preview issue "Focus on the Decepticons" which was released by IDW last week, there are a couple of new, never before seen pages as well, showcasing life on Cybertron, and the Decepticon fliers doing what comes naturally to them, as well as our first look at Guido's take on the Insecticons.

"All Hail Megatron" will be a 12 part series, written by Shane McCarthy, and illustrated by Guido Guidi, taking place deep within the pre-established IDW Universe, set 1 year after the completion of the Furman penned "Revelation" Saga.

You can check out all of the posted images on newsarama.com, by clicking here, or the new images that were not previewed in "Focus on the Decepticons" below:

Credit(s): Newsarama.com, Shane McCarthy

Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680720)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 14th, 2008 @ 9:23pm CDT
For those who have yet to read "Focus on the Decepticons", the page where the skies are filled with Decepticons is an indicator of the mayhem and carnage that will be wreaked over the course of this series.
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680736)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on April 14th, 2008 @ 9:45pm CDT
Mindless destruction and rampage. Hundreds of thousands of slaughtered humans. Earth torn apart by the Decepticons... oh, yes, I think I'm gonna love this series.
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680739)
Posted by ponycorn on April 14th, 2008 @ 9:46pm CDT
I'm so happy! I wish I could just go to sleep at night and see that second sky picture in my dreams. Like counting sheep to sleep, only evil flying robots. I-)
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680748)
Posted by dragons on April 14th, 2008 @ 9:54pm CDT
nice looking forward to the trade paper back when its released

ha nice see starscream jet mode in the live action movie is getting the respect it deserves the jet he transforms in the film are in the last page with laserbeak and others in the sky battle.
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680763)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 14th, 2008 @ 10:07pm CDT
Lookin' sharp!
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680794)
Posted by steve2275 on April 14th, 2008 @ 10:50pm CDT
they found laserbeak :D
i wonder who else they found :-?
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680847)
Posted by Pyrostrata on April 15th, 2008 @ 12:30am CDT
Holy Crap!

Not much more one can say about "All Hail"

Just simply "Holy Crap!"

Pyro is excited about Megatron taking over Earth.

VEERRRYY excited! :CON: :twisted:
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680876)
Posted by Mechabreaker on April 15th, 2008 @ 2:17am CDT
Are they going to explain why the seeker triplets are now F-15's instead of F-22's like they have been in the previous arcs?
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680896)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 15th, 2008 @ 4:06am CDT
Yes, why are the Seekers F-16's again?

And what are those two ships leaving Cybertron for?

Is someone trying to fudge the G1 animated continuity and the IDW continuity together in some kind of all covering What If?

Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (680976)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 15th, 2008 @ 7:46am CDT
Awesome!
Look they didn't just find Lazerbeak, but the Insectecons too!
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681052)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 15th, 2008 @ 10:44am CDT
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681080)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 15th, 2008 @ 11:32am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Awesome!
Look they didn't just find Lazerbeak, but the Insectecons too!

Very True. Bombshell looks so cute!

;;)
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681091)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 15th, 2008 @ 11:48am CDT
Primus C-00 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Awesome!
Look they didn't just find Lazerbeak, but the Insectecons too!

Very True. Bombshell looks so cute!

;;)

Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681309)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 15th, 2008 @ 6:14pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I think they did state that the Seekers new disguises would be explained...I thought I read that somewhere. :???:

Yeah in an interview with Comicnewsi or something Shane McCarthy stated that there would be an in story reason for the change.

Could possibly be that the military saw the Seekers in F-22 mode, so in order to gain the advantage of surprise he had them change... Not that it seems to matter with them causing so much destruction.
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681354)
Posted by Zombie Starscream on April 15th, 2008 @ 7:15pm CDT
I so want this comic! =P~

Is there an online place to order comics from? I don't live near any comic shops...
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681385)
Posted by Mechabreaker on April 15th, 2008 @ 8:06pm CDT
Zombie Starscream wrote:I so want this comic! =P~

You can order them from IDW's online store at their website http://www.idwpublishing.com

But All Hail Megatron won't be out until July, but you can get the subscription for "Reign of Starscream" I've already placed my order for that series and I am eagerly awaiting issue #1. :grin:
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681531)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 16th, 2008 @ 1:02am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:

I was thinking that. Plus it's an excuse to draw lots of lovely, what appear to be, Masterpiece style Seeker robot modes.

Damn this comics just going to be too good.

maybe the two shuttles leaving Cybertron isn't so much a fudge, more a homage, an allusion to G1?

Starscream's unit leaving for Earth and Prowl's unit to follow?

Who cares really? It's iconic.

With any luck my copy of Focus : Decepticons will turn up this week.

Then begins the appetite.

=;
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681534)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 16th, 2008 @ 1:06am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Primus C-00 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Awesome!
Look they didn't just find Lazerbeak, but the Insectecons too!

Very True. Bombshell looks so cute!

;;)

Wayward will be pleased.

:-B
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681849)
Posted by ponycorn on April 16th, 2008 @ 1:17pm CDT
[quote="tigertracks 24]
Hopefully the Insecticons all get some personality in this. I am really hoping for a cool Kickback![/quote]

I want Kickback to charm the pants off me in All Hail. I've never seen him strut his supposed stuff. I know he's cute, but he's supposedly a smooth talker or something too.

All I've seen is his voracious appitite.
Re: New Sneak Peek at IDW's "All Hail Megatron" (681895)
Posted by Zombie Starscream on April 16th, 2008 @ 2:25pm CDT
Mechabreaker wrote:
Zombie Starscream wrote:I so want this comic! =P~

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Deluxe Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Mens Costume XL" on EBAY