New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Transformers News: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Friday, February 6th, 2015 7:44AM CST

Category: Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,532

While this is non transformers news, it is still big news regarding a toyline that was paralel to the Transformers Brand from the very beginning: Gobots.

The 2015 Japan Dynamic Toy Show, taking place from February 6-8, revealed new Soul of Gokin figures, a high end collectables line from Bandai and Action Toys. These are masterpiece-like releases of old Machine Robo figures which were known in the west as Gobots, the main toyline which competed against Transformers back in the 80s.

While the names and characters are owned by Hasbro, the toys and toy designs are still owned by Bandai, and thus it is unknown what these toys will be called.

Among others, those revealed at the show are updated versions of the following character/toy designs:

Cy-Kill
Jet Robo / Fitor
Drill Robo / Screwhead
Turbo
Leader-1
Tank Robo / Tank
Shuttle Robo / Spay-C

The following pictures come from the Cybergundam Facebook page.

Transformers News: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Transformers News: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed
Credit(s): Cybergundam Facebook page
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647334)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 6th, 2015 @ 7:54am CST
wow. Leader-1 looks awesome. I want.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647335)
Posted by VioMeTriX on February 6th, 2015 @ 7:55am CST
nothing id buy
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647338)
Posted by reluctantyouth on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:00am CST
Leader-1 looks fantastic!! I wish Turbo was a little better. That Cykill is underwhelming to say the least. I'd buy Leader-1 in half a heart beat if the price is right. :x

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647339)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:01am CST
But where's Scooter? :grin:
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647340)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:04am CST
How tall are these figures in relation to TF? About deluxe? Voyager? I have a lot of nostalgia for Leader-1 and Cy-Kill! I can definitely see myself drafting these guys into my TF collection (as I did when I was a kid).
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647342)
Posted by Tranzilla on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:07am CST
Is that Snoop I see next to Space-C? I'M IN!!!!!
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647343)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:10am CST
pretty awesome
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647346)
Posted by Rated X on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:17am CST
If theyre deluxe sized I want them all. If theyre MP scale, money saved.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647350)
Posted by ScottyP on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:33am CST

However, all that being said, these look freakin cool. Would definitely pick a couple up depending on price.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647353)
Posted by rpetras on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:40am CST
Leader-1 and Cy-Kill for sure, the others are a definite maybe.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647357)
Posted by Editor on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:45am CST
Interested, but price will dictate how interested.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647361)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:50am CST
ScottyP wrote:Not gonna be a hipster and claim Gobots as something I have some deep emotional attachment to, despite having a ton of these as well as a child. The old toys and show just don't hold up at all over time for me.

Gobots are hipster??
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647364)
Posted by wetwithwaterwings on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:53am CST
If Spay-C is white and black, I will hand my money to Bandai in a heartbeat.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647365)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:55am CST

I think Gobots have aged as well as G1 toys. I think they are prety neat 80s toys with smart designs.

I would love rhat Leader 1, what they did with the chest is pretty smart.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647366)
Posted by Va'al on February 6th, 2015 @ 8:55am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Gobots are hipster??

We're all hipsters.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647370)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:01am CST
Rated X wrote:If theyre deluxe sized I want them all. If theyre MP scale, money saved.

That's basically my sentiments too. If they're in scale with Classics and if they're affordable, they're definite must-buys. If they're overpriced like the Masterpieces, then I'll probably pass.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647373)
Posted by Cobotron on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:08am CST
I'm trying to figure out what Jeeg (the yellow and green dude) is doing in there. Don't know much about the character, but I do know he used to be a Takara toy using the Microman magnetic system. anybody know anything about that?
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647379)
Posted by Blozor on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:16am CST
If they do Destroyer and Scorp I am all over this.

I've never been opposed to the GoBots. They made nice cannon fodder/troop builder when i played with Transformers as a kid. Kay-Bee used to sell them for a dollar so I could get as many as I wanted. They weren't Transformers quality, but they had some interesting and even iconic figures of their own.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647383)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:24am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:

Was looking at the prices of other toys in the Gokin line and its all overr the place, from 30$-200$, so I really cant tell. My guess is around 50$ each.
Re: New Soul of Gokin Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed (1647387)
Posted by Mkall on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:33am CST
Those guys look amazing!

If they're not much more expensive than a Takara TF Figure, I'll probably get them.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #224 - TCG Siege Strategy
"TCG Siege Strategy"
Posted: Thursday, May 30th, 2019

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG06 Gelshark Painted JP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Sky-byte (Sky Bite) Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 Ravage And Rumble Cassette Two Pack KO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sky-Byte Shark Great Colors/Condition Incomplete see listing Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee VW Beetle with Charlie Figure 1:24 Scale Jada 30114" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Action Figure Stealth Sniper Shot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Optimus Prime Action Figure Toy" on EBAY