New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed

New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed

Thursday, February 21st, 2008 3:36pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 24,956

IDW Publishing's Editor in Chief Chris Ryall has updated his blog with the new "B" cover for Spotlight: Grimlock, penned by Marcelo Matere.

Spotlight: Grimlock will be available in April 2008, and is written by Simon Furman, with Art duties by Marcelo Matere.

You can check out the image below, or by clicking here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638154)
Posted by SavageCam on February 21st, 2008 @ 3:38pm CST
Sick! Gotta pick up the spotlights I missed soon.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638155)
Posted by First Gen on February 21st, 2008 @ 3:39pm CST
What the hell does a robot Dinosaur need a tongue for?

Other than that its pretty cool. Never did like the "gnashing teeth" face on Grim though.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638166)
Posted by ponycorn on February 21st, 2008 @ 3:46pm CST
I wonder what it is going to be about and how it will tie in with the Spotlight Shockwave and the main story with the dig.

Can't wait!
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638227)
Posted by First Gen on February 21st, 2008 @ 4:25pm CST
trilobitepictures wrote:Yesterday at 9pm. :APPLAUSE:

How about just posting the link to the existing forum on it.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638235)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2008 @ 4:32pm CST
Why does he look like Transmetal Megatron in Grimlock colors?
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638242)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 21st, 2008 @ 4:36pm CST
First Gen wrote:What the hell does a robot Dinosaur need a tongue for?

The IDW Dinobots assumed dinosaur alts Beast Wars style. His modern day form is the result of having his flesh burned off, revealing the robotic construction below. Apparently the tongue had a robotic substructure to animate it, like the rest of the body, rather than be made entirely of organic/synthetic muscle.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638257)
Posted by Uniprimus on February 21st, 2008 @ 4:49pm CST
Grimlock's tongue looks familiar...like something from the past...

Anyway, the cover is extremely badass. I'll be picking this up in a heartbeat.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638258)
Posted by First Gen on February 21st, 2008 @ 4:51pm CST
Caelus wrote:
First Gen wrote:What the hell does a robot Dinosaur need a tongue for?

Uh, well ok. I didnt know that. Never followed BW. Thanks Caelus.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638259)
Posted by Tekka on February 21st, 2008 @ 4:51pm CST
I'm looking at the head on Swoop and I'm thinking Xenomorph with a TF:Animated chin.

I like. =D Grimlock's new faceplate with all the teeth looks nifty too.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638294)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 21st, 2008 @ 5:17pm CST
To me that just screams !!!FUN!!!

He looks more like TM Megatron though.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638301)
Posted by Jazzz on February 21st, 2008 @ 5:24pm CST
What's Grimlock's character like in the comics?
I might pick up Wheelie(better character than in TV show) and Arcee(very interesting story) but I'm not sure until I know more about him.
is he smart?
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638355)
Posted by shadowsfm on February 21st, 2008 @ 6:03pm CST
i used to thought grimlock was boring, he was stong and stupid. i finaly read the comic that that showed that he realy was a bad ass. he never was and may never shine more then he did in war within: dark ages.

1. he kicks ass and knows it
2. he dont take crap from anyone
3. hes the leader, because if he gives you an order, you dont say no
4. if you cross him, nothing will stand in his way to get some pay back
5. he doesnt ever say "me gromlock no kisser, me king" ha ha
6. he may act like he isnt very bright, but hes very statagetic
7. "me bad ass! period!"

a conversation with slag in spotlight: shockwave

grimlock: we what?

slag: we wrap ourselves in synthetic mammalian flesh

grimlock: no, no way. never.

slag: hey. you said, "what ever it takes."

grimlock: hm shields?

slag: no time, this is the only way.

grimlock: do it. but find us something better than these miserable specimens.

slag: easer said then done. they'er pretty much the best this planet has to offer.

grimlock: look again. find me something with some.....bite.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638377)
Posted by Sunstar on February 21st, 2008 @ 6:26pm CST
Eradicator wrote:Grimlock's tongue looks familiar...like something from the past...

Anyway, the cover is extremely badass. I'll be picking this up in a heartbeat.

I am glad I am not alone. first thing I said when I saw the pic is "grimlock has a robo-wang for a tongue" My husband "What?!"

nice pic... interesting tongue
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638416)
Posted by DeceptiGojira on February 21st, 2008 @ 7:09pm CST
Of course Grimlock needs a tonge, to taste delicious decepticon metal. :grin:
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638480)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 21st, 2008 @ 8:18pm CST
Freaking Brilliant!
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638506)
Posted by olokin on February 21st, 2008 @ 8:48pm CST
That's a cool pic.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638544)
Posted by Firebird on February 21st, 2008 @ 9:57pm CST
The cover looks pretty nice, But I think I will buy the "A" version with Grimlock in robot mode
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638567)
Posted by MYoung23 on February 21st, 2008 @ 10:41pm CST
Sunstar wrote:

Anyway, the cover is extremely badass. I'll be picking this up in a heartbeat.

nice pic... interesting tongue

I heard that Arcee likes "it" in Beast Mode.
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638684)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 22nd, 2008 @ 5:40am CST
That is an awesome cover! :grin:
Re: New Spotlight Grimlock "B" cover revealed (638707)
Posted by Archanubis on February 22nd, 2008 @ 7:31am CST
"B" Cover? Has cover "A" been revealed?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "RARE 2014 HIGH TIDE Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots + 2  '15 Chase the Police" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS ACADEMY HOIST THE TOW BOT FLATBED TOW TRUCK HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Ratchet? 96% Complete? (No Weapon)?" on EBAY
Buy "New TRANSFORMERS Generations TG-23 METROPLEX Action Figure TAKARA TOMY" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ALTERNITY CONVOY NISSAN GT-R ULTIMATE METAL SILVER A-01 TAKARA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Motorbreath & Thundercracker (Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron - Diamond Black (Takara)" on EBAY