Transformers News: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee

Monday, August 6th, 2018 9:50PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,157

We have new stock images of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series deluxe figures. These images come from Weibo and are mostly of in-package images.

Below you will see SS-16 Ratchet, SS-17 Shadow Raider and SS-18 Bumblebee with Volkswagen alt mode. Ratchet has a new weapon while Shadow Raider has a new weapon and different headsculpt from the previous Lockdown mold.

There is also an extra image of this same Bumblebee figure showing its size. This is the main retail release of this figure but as we all know this same figure will also be available in different exclusive sets packaged with other figures. We also have what appears to be the back of the instructions for these figures which show these same figures again along with SS-22 Dropkick and SS-23 KSI Sentry.

Credit(s): weibo
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1976949)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 6th, 2018 @ 9:54pm CDT
I just found SS Megatron at Target, and I must say he's probably the best looking SS figure so far. Kinda like a smaller, sharper version of RoTF leader figure. He was on the shelf with SS Brawl and Cyberverse Megatron, but I passed on Brawl. Maybe I'll get him later.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1976955)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on August 6th, 2018 @ 10:29pm CDT
@william-james88: it's spelled Volkswagen! I've noticed this typo a few times in your stories.

As excited as I am to see SS Bug Bee in package, bring on my helicopter hero Dropkick!
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977194)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 7th, 2018 @ 8:44pm CDT
Oh man, Shadow Raider looks rad! That orange will look sweet in alt mode.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977922)
Posted by william-james88 on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:15am CDT
While not a review per se, we do have a video demonstrating the Transformers 2018 Bumblebee Movie Studio Series SS18 Deluxe Bumblebee figure which turns into a Volkswagen beetle. As the lengthy title says, this is the deluxe class Bumblebee figure we are getting for the movie and all non gimmick toys for any other movie character will also be part of Studio Series. The figure in the video is a factory test, as we can tell from the serial numbers written across the figure, but it is the final collours. We get to see all the accessories used and, of course, the transformation.

Unlike the other Studio Figures we got so far, this Bumblebee is not based on the final CG models, as is made apparent with his wings no longer being as prominant in recent screen shots.

Let us know your thoughts on it and if you will be getting this one or one of the many other releases of this mold.

Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977923)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:17am CDT
It's a great looking TF figure. :)
I shall be buying at least one version of it.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977927)
Posted by Agent 53 on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:06am CDT
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977928)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:13am CDT
Agent 53 wrote:Is it ridiculous that SS Beetle!Bumblebee looks better in vehicle mode that MASTERPIECE Bumblebee?

I not sure which one looks better but the Studio movie figure there does look great in vehicle mode (and I've never even been fond of the VW Beetle's design).
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977929)
Posted by nycPrime on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:33am CDT
Dang that's a nice bee. Just might have to get one.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977942)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 11th, 2018 @ 9:55am CDT
It’s got a lot of kibble, but overall it looks pretty good. I want to see more pictures of that Bee with the wings angled back, it should look better that way.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977945)
Posted by transformers_va on August 11th, 2018 @ 11:36am CDT

Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977946)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2018 @ 11:38am CDT
transformers_va wrote:He's definitely no Masterpiece BumbleBee, but still a very good looking figure. I'm incredibly happy to see him back as a VW instead of a Chevy.

william-james88 wrote:The figure in the video is a factory test, as we can tell from the serial numbers written across the figure, but it is the final collours.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977947)
Posted by Emerje on August 11th, 2018 @ 11:38am CDT
Agent 53 wrote:Also do we know if the rumors of Movie Masterpiece Beetle!Bee are true or not. I would throw money at that.

It would be shocking if it doesn't happen. Hasbro and Takara Tomy have been pretty good at keeping MPs under wraps, nobody saw G1 Hound coming last month, so it's hard to predict when they might. As far as I know the KO of that got the rumor rolling hasn't been seen again either. My best guess is it'll be Hasbro's big reveal at NYCC in just under two months.

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977948)
Posted by transformers_va on August 11th, 2018 @ 11:54am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Ahh, so the final figure won't have that.. that is great news! Thank you!
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977956)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 11th, 2018 @ 1:34pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:What's with the H3115 though.. is that a religious thing? If it is, I don't know which is worse.. that or the MAGA on Jazz.

Why would it be religious at all? Just curious...

Also, a little reminder about the "SS" numbering: Hasbro's ID codes only have numbers, while TakaraTomy's have the "SS" in front. Thanks to Hasbro exclusives like Thundercracker that TakaraTomy chooses to pass over, the two do not match up. In this case, VW Bumblebee numbers are "18" for Hasbro, but "SS-16" for TakaraTomy.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977957)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2018 @ 1:41pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Why would it be religious at all? Just curious...
3 = E
1 = L (though, usually it's 7 that = L)
5 = S
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977961)
Posted by transformers_va on August 11th, 2018 @ 2:00pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Why would it be religious at all? Just curious...

I was curious about the H3115, so I googled it, and the majority of the initial results were about Yowkebed - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon - Bible. Thankfully Carnivius_Prime clarified why it was there (I should have actually read the article before watching the video lol)

I do appreciate Sabrblade's creative response though :D
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1977963)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2018 @ 2:22pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Why would it be religious at all? Just curious...

I do appreciate Sabrblade's creative response though :D

Glad to be of help. :) I often skip past info and ask questions that could so easily be answered by that info I skipped too so no worries. :P
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1978001)
Posted by Emerje on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:35pm CDT
The numbers are used for cataloging and tracking prototypes. I don't know exactly what the numbers mean, but I've heard they can tell where they came from if they turn up on eBay since they're supposed to be destroyed once they're no longer of use. I'm sure they also use it for quality control as it's easier to say H3115 is a good test mold or paint test when looking at a list than it is to try and describe the good one.

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1978010)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:57pm CDT
Maybe it's just my screen but I can't watch this video - the background's just too bright! I can't see any details and the figure looks like a bad "Anime ver." custom with white paint all over him. I'm really disappointed as I've been so excited to see a video of this guy.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Studio Series DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bumblebee (1978117)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 12th, 2018 @ 11:17am CDT
Following this article here where the possibility was discussed about more exclusives being given to GameStop (and it's Canadian subsidies EB Games by extension). We now have word that a pre-order has gone live on GameStop's website for Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage Vol2!

This means that GameStop are getting more transformers exclusives in and is a place to keep your eyes on in the furture.

The pre-order date GameStop have given is the first of October.

For more information about Retro Pop Garage vol 2, check out this article here!

Will you be adding this set to your collection? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest Transformers news and reviews.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked