Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 11:56pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,339

As part of the Takara Tomy Transformers site update, and along with all the Legends line figures newsed here, we also have an update on stock photography for LG-43 Dinosaurer - the Japanese release of Trypticon! Check them all out below.

Transformers News: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon)

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1891702)
Posted by Regimus Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 1:46am CDT
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1891712)
Posted by Qwan on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:21am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:NEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEED!!! Already got a retail version on pre-order on BBTS, a second one that will be held for me at my local TRU thanks to the store GM and a front of the line pass for the Hasbro Toy shop at this year's SDCC courtesy of my buddy that works with Hasbro so I can get my hands on that soon to be announced Con exclusive. Can't wait :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:

Oh, Trypticon is truly fantastic. Believe me, you will love (at least one of) him. :x
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1891720)
Posted by dragons on June 23rd, 2017 @ 5:34am CDT
Qwan wrote:

Isn't one enough you really need two? Some people say 400 on statue is to much but buy titan class trypticon that's almost 400 right there plus shipping and handling with tax if you buy him online.

Been waiting patiently get him from first pictures that showed him in prototype stage finally trypticon is got upgrade look from countless versions of metroplex fortress Maximus and scorponok we got
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1891731)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2017 @ 6:47am CDT
Wow, even the Titan Master isn't better painted. I wonder why Takara didn't bother with this?
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1891941)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 23rd, 2017 @ 6:32pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1891943)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2017 @ 6:37pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Is there ANYTHING different now between the Takara Legends Trypticon release and the Hasbro Titan's Return version? They honestly look identical. Maybe Takara found it easier this time to just go with Hasbro's design and not bother the factory with changing up plastic colors or paint apps for their release in September?

Two circles on Trypticon's missile assembly on his back are painted grey in the Takara version. That's it. Unless it turns out to be a similar situation with Devastator where the colours used are ever-so-slightly-different hues that would be impossible to tell unless they're right next to each other... no other differences.
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892028)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 24th, 2017 @ 3:09am CDT
Yay :DANCE: someone's put a vid review up(although...not the best review! + there are probably better reviews of it up out there by now!) ;) ......finally ;)^

or try this one ;)
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892107)
Posted by Qwan on June 24th, 2017 @ 6:15pm CDT
Just a word of warning to anybody with Trypticon, or anybody who's going to get him. I mentioned in my write-up above that his hip ratchets will go, even if it doesn't feel like they will - I retract that statement and issue instead a warning (with bolding to make sure it catches the eye). My Tryp's right hip has just stopped ratcheting properly some of the way round, and instead (with a lot of force) sort of rotates into place with a feeling like the plastic casing is going without the ratchet, or even that the plastic itself is twisting. In short it feels awful and is clearly not what the toy is meant to do - and the spot where the ratchet does this is right on the position between robot-/spaceship-mode and city-mode, so I have to either go through that every time both into and out of city mode, or just never transform him into his second-best configuration (or post the dinosaur's hips either, now that I think about it).

I have no idea what the exact problem is or what's causing it, and I'll be disassembling the hip (as I did with his other one previously to confirm that there were ratchets there) later today to see if I can diagnose or even fix the issue. If it comes to it I can probably even return him to the store for an exchange, with the hope that it's just an issue with my copy and not a widespread QC or design issue. But since I was the one advocating being rough with those same joints earlier, I figured it was a good idea to make sure I also issue a counter-warning given the new situation I've found myself in.

(I still totally recommend Trypticon as a whole though. He's a fantastic lump of robot and well worth your time and money - provided, of course, that this issue is either isolated or easily fixable.)
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892120)
Posted by william-james88 on June 24th, 2017 @ 9:14pm CDT
Titans Return Trypticon is the biggest toy release of the year and while we already have a gorgeous pictorial review, we have a video review for those who prefer videos. Plus it offers new things like highlighting breakage points and how to avoid them.
Hopefully this helps!

Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892128)
Posted by dragons on June 24th, 2017 @ 9:58pm CDT
Thanks for review like how he says in video he likes his six shot wings how they are so for anyone toy have/ needs to be properly transformed correctly or else it's world war three shows transformer toys do not have need to be transformed properly all the time it's how person likes toy figure to look regardless how people with ADHD will react that it's not transformed properly.

Look forward to buy this guy
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892136)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 24th, 2017 @ 10:24pm CDT
Breakaway legs, eh? That's an onion in the ointment. Will Hasbro panic and fix this? Intelligence guided by experience says, 'Nope'
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892170)
Posted by Qwan on June 25th, 2017 @ 2:29am CDT
So yeah, I've investigated Trypticon's hips further myself as well, and... they're clearly meant to move properly but Hasbro kinda put themselves in a corner with it. The hips are just on super strong ratchets, presumably to stop Tryp from pitching forward or whatever during posing, but what that means is that there's so much pressure that it looks like the inner mechanisms of the hips just get wrecked eventually.

Basically there's a little cross-shaped bit of plastic in the hips, that slots into a cross-shaped hole in a toothed piece of plastic that comprises half the ratchet - but because the spring is so strong, instead of the toothed piece compressing in and letting the joint move, instead the piece just rotates in place and totally wrecks the cross-shaped piece that's meant to stop it from doing so. Here's a couple images of inside mine's hips to hopefully make it clearer:

There's the two inner cross-shapes on the inside of his hips. The left hip of my Trypticon (which is on the right side of the picture 8-} ) is the one that's been wrecked, whereas the right one (on the left) is how it should look if nothing's gone wrong.

In between the two hips, now, is the piece that's meant to slot over that cross. You can see how it should slide right on there and be prevented from rotating, but as is obvious that hasn't been working properly. I realize now I should've taken a shot of the overly-strong spring, but I forgot oops. Rest assured it's insanely big, definitely much more so than is needed. (Ironically, Hasbro was probably trying to avoid issues by making it overly strong. Seems they can never win, can they...)

Closer-up shots of the two hips, first fine and the other wrecked. It's obvious that once this has happened, it isn't fixable. I'll be returning Trypticon for a new one tomorrow. (Sad to see the work I did on his stickers - a good four hours at least - go to waste but at least now I have a better grasp where they're meant to go, so I can maybe do them better this time around.)

Personally I won't be removing the ratchets altogether if I can help it, unlike the video suggests - even the strongest friction joints wear down eventually and I don't want my Trypticon to suddenly faceplant off his shelf one day. My current solution will be (once I exchange for a new one) to disassemble his hips, cut those springs down so they're less insane, and put them back in; hopefully if I hit the right balance, there should be enough pressure for the ratchets to still work but not so much that the ratchets lock up and destroy their non-movable housings. I'll play around with how much spring can be trimmed down (without compromising the ratchet) on my functioning hip tonight and I'll check back in tomorrow, hopefully with a new and less-breakable Trypticon, to let everyone know how the operation goes.

...I just wish that one of Hasbro's most impressive recent toys didn't self-destruct just by trying to pose it (or transform, for that matter). #-o
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892172)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 25th, 2017 @ 3:06am CDT
I wonder if the Takara version will fix this prob :-?
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892178)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:32am CDT

Is this a deal breaker for anyone?
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892179)
Posted by Va'al on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
And here is the official Transformers Facebook page, giving us a very very brief promotional stop motion clip for the upcoming Titans Return Titan class Decepticon space t-rex Trypticon! The clip is extremely brief, but after Australia, you may be pleased to hear that the Philippines have also started seeing the big box of dino appearing at retail, as Twitter's generator_g1 points out.

If you come across him in your neck of the woods, make sure to point it out in our Sightings Database, to help out fellow collectors on the hunt!

Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892181)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:50am CDT
ALREADY SIGHTED AND AVAILABLE IN ASIA RETAILS?! (PH) :shock:
Yes it hurts my wallet very much :BANG_HEAD: :CON:
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892194)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 25th, 2017 @ 8:36am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:ALREADY SIGHTED AND AVAILABLE IN ASIA RETAILS?! (PH) :shock:
Yes it hurts my wallet very much :BANG_HEAD: :CON:

whaa....? :shock: the Takara version?
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892199)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 25th, 2017 @ 9:07am CDT
A thought - the spring in the hip rotation joints. Is it possible that you have to pull the hip outward slightly in order to rotate them safely? And that the spring was meant to pull them back into place once released? That's what I might do if I wanted to engineer a heavy figure that would have a mechanism that allowed for hip rotation, and yet have them lock in place afterwards to prevent slippage...
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892220)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 25th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Well this is a huge disappointment. You'd think that QC would have caught this issue.

Is this a deal breaker for anyone?

Hell yes it is!!!

I really hope the guys at Takara are looking at what's going on. Look the bottom line is I don't fork out my hard earned money on TFs especially expensive ones to break apart due QC BS... :HASBRO: . I also don't wish to have to open things up and fart around with parts, too much money is involved for me to have to do that. There may be those who may enjoy this or don't mind but not me.

So unless :TAKARATOMY: can help rectify things it pains me to say that I will not be getting Trypticon...'nuff said! :-x :VEHI:
Re: New Stock Images for Transformers Titan Class Legends LG-43 Dinosaurer (Trypticon) (1892226)
Posted by Kurona on June 25th, 2017 @ 12:31pm CDT
We could also get a running change. Stuff like this happens all the time, right?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY