Transformers News: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018

Sunday, April 15th, 2018 10:00AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,403

It has been months since we had anything new to share related to the Transformers Cyberverse toyline. Well, now we have some new stock images showing the toys in packaging. We get a good idea at the finished decos here. We have images of ultimate class Optimus Prime and Megatron. Some assembly is required on Optimus. These are leader sized toys made simpler (articulation and transformation wise) and at the lower price point of $29.99.

We also have images of ultra class Bumblebee, Starscream, and Grimlock which are voyager sized but priced lower, at $19.99. All these toys are gimmick heavy and made for younger audiences, similarly to the previous Robots in Disguise 3-step toys, but with seemingly better articulation.

These images come from NDA wholesaler and we thank Seibertronian Scotty P for sending us these links.

Credit(s): NDA store

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953038)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2018 @ 10:02am CDT
Gotta admit, that Megatron look pretty boss. I'd be tempted.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953042)
Posted by steve2275 on April 15th, 2018 @ 10:06am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Gotta admit, that Megatron look pretty boss. I'd be tempted.

as am i
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953045)
Posted by Galactic Prime on April 15th, 2018 @ 10:22am CDT
The Bumblebee looks like crap, the others look cool though
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953049)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 15th, 2018 @ 10:28am CDT
I gotta admit, these figures are slowly growing on me. Except that Ultra class Bumblebee. He still looks like dookie.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953058)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 15th, 2018 @ 11:14am CDT
These look like some of the best Transformers made in years.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953068)
Posted by ouraziel on April 15th, 2018 @ 12:08pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953070)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 15th, 2018 @ 12:20pm CDT
ouraziel wrote:I hope Hasbro keeps going with two lines, as I've come to view the white boxed figs, (RID, etc.) as the more youth oriented lines, and the black carded boxes as more appealing to collectors.

That was the whole intention ;)

The Warriors Class does make a return for this line, with a springloaded gimmick in each figure I believe.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953074)
Posted by Nicorange on April 15th, 2018 @ 12:42pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953075)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 15th, 2018 @ 12:47pm CDT
Nicorange wrote:Optimus prime is the best one to me, and I might even get him! (Probably not though). Bumblebee still looks TERRIBLE! I hope we can get a RID warrior or Generations deluxe quality Bumblebee, because I like his design in the art we have of him.

Here's the Warrior Class figure:

Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953077)
Posted by westjames/notirish. on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:02pm CDT
I like the character art! It has a very Animated style to it. And hey, Grimlock has a mouth in his art not on his toy.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953084)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:23pm CDT
Megatron is kinda a butterface. I will say that Prime looks nice though. The others look like fun toys for kids. Not really my style but play features are nice to see.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953091)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:34pm CDT
ouraziel wrote:I just can't get behind some of these recent series. They seem way too similar to the RID figures, which I haven't been overly excited for. There's just a kiddie like quality that I don't generally enjoy with these newer lines. I realize of course that this is a toy line for children, but this one seems too gimmick heavy as well, I've seen too many times when a good figure is ruined for the sake of a gimmick. I hope Hasbro keeps going with two lines, as I've come to view the white boxed figs, (RID, etc.) as the more youth oriented lines, and the black carded boxes as more appealing to collectors.

I hope you know that by skipping the robots in the disguise warrior class, you missed out on more complex transformations than any deluxe from the combiner wars or power of the primes line.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953095)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:44pm CDT
The art for Grimlock's head looks more like Starscream's head than the art for Starscream's head. :P
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953097)
Posted by Cobotron on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:44pm CDT
I really like the character design for this line. Prime especially has a great design.

If I were somewhere between 8 and 12, I'd be psyched for these.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953119)
Posted by Nicorange on April 15th, 2018 @ 2:19pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Here's the Warrior Class figure:

Still not the quality of a generations or RID deluxe/warrior. and it looks barely anything like his artwork on the packaging and promos.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953124)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2018 @ 2:22pm CDT
Nicorange wrote:

Its not (referring to the quality). But its not intended to be. When RID came out, Hasbro stated that the warrior class should satisfy those looking for more traditional transforming toys. And they werent wrong. But there was not such mention this time. This line (and the bumblebee movie line) will not be marketed to collectors. Instead more collector oriented stuff will be relegated to other lines and be part of those.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953126)
Posted by Nicorange on April 15th, 2018 @ 2:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Nicorange wrote:

I know, I was just mentioning that I want a better toy of him because I like his design. I know these toys are for a younger audience.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953131)
Posted by ouraziel on April 15th, 2018 @ 2:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Some weren't bad, but I just wasn't impressed with the build of most of them. My daughter got a few of the warrior class, but too many gimmicky features. The mini cons were pointless and the launcher figs like Drift had needless parts added or removed to accommodate the mini cons. There was also the huge white stickers on each figure for the mobile app. I just like the generations line better and feel like that's where they have the collectors more in mind.
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953137)
Posted by Emerje on April 15th, 2018 @ 2:59pm CDT
Going to pass on the bigger figures. I can forgive not having knees since I just need my figures to stand on the shelf anyway. But no elbows on $30 figures the size of a Leader? Not happening. Grimlock looks like he has elbows so I might get him, but otherwise I'll be selective with the Warrior class and hope something better comes later.

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images for Wave 1 Ultra and Ultimate Class Figures from Transformers Cyberverse 2018 (1953147)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 15th, 2018 @ 3:18pm CDT
all i want to see is the cartoon ;)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer